Sign in to follow this  
PKIDelirium

Demon Drop to Dorney

Just like the decision to move this ride to Knott's this is yet another bad move. Dorney already has a decent S&S tower ride and Six Flags Great Adventure, which is really just under two hours from Dorney, just removed their first-gen a few years ago.

What kind of crack are they smoking in Sandusky? The ride should go to Michigan's Adventure since they are the only CF park without a drop ride.

...Dorney Park officials confirmed that the relocated Demon Drop would open during summer 2010, not by opening day (May 1) but probably by the Fourth of July. ...

...Dorney Park will retain the Demon Drop name and logo, but may change the color scheme, according to park officials. The ride will be located in the northeast corner of the park near Thunder Creek Speedway go-carts. The existing Krazy Kars ride may have to be removed to make room for Demon Drop, officials said....

http://travel.latimes.com/daily-deal-blog/...erry-farm-5930/

...Dorney Park officials confirmed that the relocated Demon Drop would open during summer 2010, not by opening day (May 1) but probably by the Fourth of July. ...

...Dorney Park will retain the Demon Drop name and logo, but may change the color scheme, according to park officials. The ride will be located in the northeast corner of the park near Thunder Creek Speedway go-carts. The existing Krazy Kars ride may have to be removed to make room for Demon Drop, officials said....

http://travel.latimes.com/daily-deal-blog/...erry-farm-5930/

It sounds as if this is a hurried, unsure sort of installation. Not sure when it will open, not sure if a ride must be moved to make way or if it can squeeze in, etc. It sounds a lot like no parks want this ride, and it's a shame to see it bounced from place to place, only to send up at a park with an S&S Tower already.

With all this hurrying, I wouldn't be surprised if Demon Drop is never reinstalled... More than once, rides have been too poorly marked, or too damaged in removal to ever be rebuilt... this hasty moving shows how little Cedar Fair cares about Demon Drop...

Edited by Coney Island Rocks

thats a shame. i never got to ride DD because i suppose it never looked appealing to me, but now that i look back i wish i got to ride it because it really does seem like a nifty old contraption. DD made the path to our beloved Drop Zone. im sure its really a maintenance nightmare of sorts with all the moving parts and what not, but really its kind of impressive how such a machine works. i just hope they really install it and get it going for another few years for people to enjoy and experience.

It was dumb to remove it in the first place. Unless it's being removed so something can replace it, It's not worth it. And why did they give it to Knotts ugh I mean Dorney? Why not Michigan's Adventure, the park without a drop tower and is one of the parks that get the least amount of attention?