Sign in to follow this  
xVekomax

2009 Memories

So the 2009 season has been officially over since 7:00pm Sunday and i figured it was appropriate to start a topic for everyone to name their favorite memories of this past season.

My favorite memories are:

-Opening day. This year was my first year going on opening day and although it was crowded to the max, the three hour wait for Diamondback was absolutely worth it. I was so thrilled to get to be one of the first people to ride it and get a free t-shirt afterward. I can't wait to open the park up next season!

-The only ride I got on Son of Beast on June 5th. I cherish that memory and the picture I snapped from the monitor of riding it since who knows what is going to happen to it. Just glad I got to ride it once this season.

-Going to the park two days in a row for my birthday and riding Diamondback over and over with my best friend. My favorite ride ever on it was with her. We made it our last ride of the night the first night we were there and the fireworks were going off as we went up the lift hill and it was both our first time in the very back. I can remember how much we loved it and how amazing that night ride was. It was awesome to be able to come right back to the park the next day. I want to do that again next year.

-Getting my best friend on the Xtreme Skyflyer for the first time and her screaming at the top of her lungs. It was so priceless I bought the DVD. So glad I did.

-Riding Diamondback 8 times in a row in the rain and having it pelt me so hard in the face it made my eyes water, but loving every minute of it!!!

Overall, I have to say this has been the best season yet going to Kings Island for me. I never imagined I would become so obsessed with one roller coaster either, but Diamondback is my obsession and I am so ready for next season to be here so I can ride it again!!!

Edited by xVekomax

My friends and I took two cars on a four-hour road trip to Kings Island for my birthday in April. Honestly, it was the best trip I think I've ever taken in the state of Ohio... The crusty Days Inn was like, $26 per night and it showed.

But when we road Son of Beast, it was truly incredible. My one friend couldn't control her saliva and was drooling, all of it blowing backwards all over me and my other friend. We honestly laughed for days about that. Everyone loved the ride and they're all shocked that we may not get to re-ride next season.

Other great memories would have to be every ride on The Crypt. The first time I took my best friend on it, she shouted the whole time, "HEY THAT THING ON THE WALL LOOKS LIKE ITS FROM A MOVIE." Then, as we were leaving the ride and passing the queue, a man asked, "Hey, what is this? Is it worth it?" Before I could answer, she jumped in and went. "Sucks! Worst thing ever. I can't believe I waited for it. Remember Tomb Raider? Yeah, it sucks now. I wasted 20 minutes in line. It's a piece, that's for sure." She got about, 50 people out of line. Literally. And another time when, while strapped in ready to go, the ride op sang, "If you wanna ride the Crypt, clap your hands," etc. and the same friend sang "If you wanna ride Tomb Raider clap your hands" and we actually got most of the gondola singing along and clapping.

Also, the fact that every single person who I took to Kings Island (probably 6 or 7 "new people" who had never been there) all thought Backlot Stunt Coaster was the coolest roller coaster on Earth, better than anything Cedar Point had ever done, and one of the highlights of their summer. We ended up riding it first almost every trip because everyone loved it so much.

2009...for me it was the best of times and the worst of times.

The Best:

Need I say it, Diamondback…the best thing that I have seen come to the park in years…and possibly ever…although personally I still lean towards The Beast. I can not say enough about how impressed that I am with everything connected with Diamondback…the ride itself is amazing, as is the station, the name, the logo, the sign…it’s all perfect in my opinion. And what impressed me even more was how the park went the extra mile and totally re-vamped Rivertown to show off their new ride…putting the cobblestone pathways went way up and beyond I thought. The ONLY thing that I would of hoped for was that they had saved a few more of the trees…but I forgive them for that since everything else turned out so well.

The Worst:

2009 marked the year that I think I finally got too “close” to the park and know things that I would rather NOT know. (Ignorance can be bliss.) In the past I always felt that the park appreciated our enthusiasm…that went away in 2009...I now feel like we are viewed as more of a nuisance rather than a bonus. I know…I am probably late to the party on this revelation.

Does this belief make me mad, no, it makes me sad. :(

can[/i] be bliss.) In the past I always felt that the park appreciated our enthusiasm…that went away in 2009...I now feel like we are viewed as more of a nuisance rather than a bonus. I know…I am probably late to the party on this revelation.

Does this belief make me mad, no, it makes me sad. :(

I have to agree I feel like CF doesn't give a rats a$$ about us.

Opening weekend was a huge mess! It would have been nice if they did the special rider event for Diamond back on friday! The crowds were crazy! I also was sad that they didn't have Sunday open on that weekend! It is nice to see the new coaster at the park! Diamondback is a sweet ride! Plus it was nice to see my old friend Firehawk! I still miss it at Geauga Lake, but I am glad so many are enjoying it in its new home!!!

Diamondback, Diamondback, Diamondback. Such an amazing ride. Also this year, I got two day rides on the Beast, and probably 10? night rides. It was awesome. I can't believe I skipped on the events like RWCW, and Mid Summer's Scream. It has still been a great year.

One thing I don't agree on is the new Rivertown. I don't know it just doesn't give me the old historical feel that it used to when the mining company was still there. The only thing I really like about the new area of it is Diamondback. Go to KD and Old Virginia. That's what I think we should be going for. Not minimal trees and one historical building.