Sign in to follow this  
GoodYellowKoRn182

HAUNT CANCELLED TONIGHT, OCT 15th

From Twitter:

Due to inclement weather, Kings Island will not open tonight (Thursday) for Halloween Haunt. The park will be open Friday for Haunt 7pm-1am.2 minutes ago from web

Looks as if all those bonus days were... Well... Not bonus days. Haha. (:

Edited by GoodYellowKoRn182

yeah. they never even gave them a chance. tonights chance for rain is quite low in the evening. Its like they were hoping for even that chance so they could pull the plug.

yeah. they never even gave them a chance. tonights chance for rain is quite low in the evening. Its like they were hoping for even that chance so they could pull the plug.

You need to remember that the coasters (yes even wooden ones too) do not do well when it comes to cold starts. Add in the fact that it will be in the 30's this evening which will keep the crowds away. If the park were to open, they probably wouldn't even breakeven for the night.

but yet tomorrow has a worse forecast, but it will be open. they wouldnt break even tonight, but that doesnt mean they should just cancel it. They arent even doing anything because of it. its just oh sorry we will close the park when we so choose. NOT GOOD BUSINESS.

On the blog as well: http://kihaunt.blogspot.com/2009/10/adviso...t-not-open.html

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 15, 2009

ADVISORY: Halloween Haunt not open tonight due to inclement weather

Due to inclement weather, Kings Island will not open tonight (Thursday, October 15) for Halloween Haunt. The park will be open Friday (October 16) for Haunt 7:00pm-1:00am.

POSTED BY KINGS ISLAND HALLOWEEN HAUNT AT 10:17 AM

Unfortunately, this didn't work out for this week either: http://kihaunt.blogspot.com/2009/10/thursd...college-id.html

WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 14, 2009

Thursday is High School and College ID Haunt Night - Get in for just $20!

Halloween%20Haunt2009%20032.jpg

Save $14.99 off of the gate price! Show your high school or college ID at any ticket window Thursday night, and pay only $20.00 (limit one ticket per ID).

Everyone is talking about Halloween Haunt at Kings Island, and for good reason. No other Halloween event in the Midwest can match the amount of blood, terror and gore, the number of haunted attractions, the number of monsters (500, by the way) and the atmosphere that Halloween Haunt delivers – hands (and skulls) down.

You don't need to be a student to get a killer discount! Visit Kings Island for Halloween Haunt this Thursday and Friday night for just $21.99 (price available online or with a coupon from Taco Bell) and experience all 13 haunted attractions including the all-new Slaughter House and Cut Throat Cove mazes, Hot Blooded live show and thrill rides such as the Beast and Diamondback roller coasters.

Tickets are just $27.99 for all day, all night Saturday and Sunday admission and can be purchased online at haunt.visitkingsisland.com or at the gate with a coupon from Taco Bell (front gate admission price without a coupon is $34.99 for Thursday and Friday nights and $48.99 for Saturdays and Sundays).

POSTED BY KINGS ISLAND HALLOWEEN HAUNT AT 12:13 PM

Halloween_Haunt2009_032.jpg

thats the thing the chance of rain is between 10-30 percent. right now it just is cloudy and has been that way for more than a while... thats why i question why they closed the park tonight.

It doesn't actually HAVE to rain. If the weather is looking kind of "miserable" on a night that admittedly wouldn't draw near as many crowds as a Friday or Saturday, the park was likely looking to only "break even," or perhaps even worse... It does make logical sense to have the park closed on a day this this, as all of the money that would've been channeled into lighting, employees, food prep, etc. can now all be diverted someplace else *cough*Crypt*cough* and no one was hurt. If anything, people might've been SAVED from injuries, or illness at the least.

Thats the problem i have with that. They arent closed because of the weather, but because they wont make money. They care about their employees but to an extent. I would be More than surprised if they closed tomorrow even with the bleak weather. It wasnt about safety, or preventing illness, it was all about the money. And i wouldnt count on kings island to put ANY money they get into fixing the Crypt.

It wasnt about safety, or preventing illness, it was all about the money. And i wouldnt count on kings island to put ANY money they get into fixing the Crypt.

I'm sure both factored in, and I'm sure money was probably a majority.

Not to be rude, but I understand when people see how a Disney ride is downgraded from drawing board to execution, and it takes them a few days to realize "Well, I guess it is a business..."

But Cedar Fair?! Of COURSE they're in it for the money. Every business is. And not every business is literally billions of dollars in debt like Cedar Fair is. Let's suspend reality for a second and say yes, their cancellation tonight was 100% about money... Do you blame them?

In the end, there will be a very very limited number of people whose lives are adversely affected by what happened tonight. It's doubtful that anyone will remember "that night when they cancelled the Halloween thing" five years from now. But the park is now thousands of dollars ahead. And those were thousands of dollars that they desperately needed.

We can deal.

Not to be rude, but I understand when people see how a Disney ride is downgraded from drawing board to execution, and it takes them a few days to realize "Well, I guess it is a business..."

Not sure what you are trying to say here

I'm saying that when people see a Disney attraction become SERVERY reduced from its original design by time it comes to fruition, they always say "Oh my goodness! It's DISNEY. Why did they end up cutting the budget in the end?!" And it takes quite a few days for it to set in that Disney is first and foremost a business, and that even Disney is always trying to save money in any way possible. That, I understand. I understand how someone can be surprised to realize Disney cuts budgets and tries to save money.

But I don't think its a mystery to anyone here that yes, Cedar Fair is probably more interested in money than entertainment right now. With billions in debt, it makes quite a lot of sense that they're downsizing, restricting budgets, etc.

So what I was saying was, I can accept when people are surprised by Disney's budget cuts. But to be surprised that some (frankly, insignificant) regional park owner who just paid $1,240,000,000 is focused more on finances than customer service right now? Well... duh.