Sign in to follow this  
firehawkboy

Halloween Haunt 2010 Idea?

My friend and I were discussing stuff about possible Halloween Haunt attractions for the future. And he brought up that they could just turn Boomerang Bay into a Halloween Haunt area? Since it's closed during this time, you know.

Ideas:

- Turn wave pool into maze of some sort.

- Make the lazy river a maze of some sort also (Maybe cornstalkers?)

That's my ideas I just came up with.

How about you guys??

- You like like the idea?

- Like my maze ideas??

- Give me your thoughts.

- Adam.

Although I've heard the "Let's host all of Haunt inside Boomerang Bay" idea a few different times, I've never been a fan of it. If the whole Haunt event was held there, the pathways would be packed (much smaller than the real park) and the number of possible attractions would probably drop (Crocodile Run, Great Barrier Reef, play-zones... anywhere else?). I could imagine a "Land of Illusions" sized event there, but Haunt has already gained so much popularity, the crowd-size differs greatly from the smaller Middletown Halloween attraction.

Now, if it was just the "Turn BB into a Haunt Area" theme, I think it's a tad more realistic. There is still space there for haunted attractions (as said, GBR, CR, play-zones). The park could even use the Kings Island and Miami Valley Railroad as a mode of transportation there, as well as turning the pathway from Nickelodeon Universe to BB into a large scare-zone. However, I still feel as if the area's distance from the rest of the park is a major draw-back.

Random (Unrealistic) Thought: What if all of BB was turned into one giant Haunt experience? After queueing up in Rivertown and boarding the KI&MVRR, guests would ride to the BB station and disembark. From there, they'd move towards Crocodile Run, go through the trail in the canal, head through a few of the transformed play-zones, and end in a haunted house set-up in the empty wave-pool. Afterwards, they'd head down the pathway to Nickelodeon Universe, where they'd receive the last few scares before re-entering the park. It'd be very interesting, but it'd take an insane amount of scareactors and moderation to make happen.

Edit- I need to be studying for my exams instead of doing this :rolleyes:

boomerangbaytrail.jpg

So you disembark from train, walk around and enter into the changing rooms for the first haunted house segment. I know this may seem like an odd place to have a haunted-house, but consider- it doesn't serve any purpose (to my knowledge) during the off-season and has plenty of room for sets and props. Following this segment, you cross under Coolangatta Racer, pass through a small gift-shop haunted house segment, and wrap around the nearby smoking area (large prop or scene in the center).

Yet another haunted house segment inside the locker-rooms, followed by a long walk over to a temporary structure that houses the final haunted house. Afterwards, you wrap around the two original play areas on a pre-existing pathway before walking over to the new one, Jackeroo Landing. Unlike the other ones, you actually would go up a few steps and cross over the large fort-like structure, decked-up for the display.

The final water-park segment would be inside Crocodile Run. After descending into it, you'd travel around the canal in a counter-clockwise direction. Following this, you'd leave the canal and make your way over to the train bridge via a maintenance pathway. Crossing over the tracks, you finish the rest of the attraction on the pathway back to Nickelodeon Universe.

Of course, the areas in-between the houses/trails would have some themeing and a few scareactors. They'd also be clearly defined with boundaries on either side, preventing guests from entering into restricted areas.

Overall, it'd be an extremely long attraction (at least an hour, probably multiple) that would require an insane amount of employees, maintenance, and moderation. As cool as it'd be, I can't actually see it happening on this scale- just something fun to think about, instead.

Ty, that is quite a lengthy course. Maybe if it went from the smoking area then loop back towards the path to the park that might not be too bad. Maybe you could incorporate the catered picnic area between Nick U/Planet Snoopy as part of the return trip. It's rather secluded and few of those shelters could be converted to "haunted houses".

It's somewhat a shame that BB was built so far from the main park. It certainly would fit a "Bloodbath Beach" themed haunt.

Edited by Geauga Dog

I did say it was unrealistic :P

Although the front half of the Picnic Grove is used for Howl-O-Fest, the back half is left empty (except for a few company picnics, I believe), so it'd be possible to transform one of those houses into a haunt.

The thing about ''Haunted Houses'' and every other ''Haunted Attraction'' is that they are all the same when you think about it.I grew out of FearFest mainly because it got boring and I expected most of it.. I'm not an easy person to scare but to me and some of my friends ''Haunted Houses'' or Haunted Park attractions such as Halloween Haunt etc are too repetitive and they rely on too much on shock value and blood,gore.

Doesn't anyone remember when Halloween and Haunted Houses didn't have shock value? They both were just...FUN!...AND had something I love the element of SURPRISE!