Sign in to follow this  
DropZone99

This vs that

Morning ERT vs. Nighttime ERT

EASILY nighttime....there is nothing like riding a coaster in the pitch black...especially The Beast on a chilly damp evening! :)

Going to the park with Family vs. Friends

FAMILY. I definitely love my friends, but there is nothing like getting to bond with your family by going to KI with them. Or at least that's how it worked under Paramount. :lol: I haven't tried it in Cedar Fair's Kings Island yet... but we'll test that come November 1! :D There's also quite a backstory to this trip, but I'm totally saving it for the off-season.

Give Flight Deck a repaint, new trains, and a new, original theme or replace it with Big Bad Wolf?

I'm actually going to say give it the repaint, etc. Big Bad Wolf requires three things that Kings Island can't provide: the perfectly suited terrain of Virginia, an actual eye for themeing (for all othose spectacular near-misses), and that famous river-dive. Kings Island's Big Bad Wolf would be lacking all three. And really, Flight Deck would feel like a brand new ride with some red paint, the Vekoma floorless seats, and perhaps even a new theme. As it is, Action Zone has Invertigo and Flight Deck as far as "thrilling coasters," making it actually one of the least thrilling areas (besides, maybe, Oktoberfest). So at the VERY least, a bit of TLC for its rides would be so appreciated.

On that same note, is it just me, or did FACE/OFF used to be a lot more striking as far as color? I just recall a shining macaroni-and-cheese-yellow with truly vibrant and exciting deep-pinkish-red-orange supports. To me, it just feels like it's a little less "stunning" now.

Which ride would you give up in a ride rotation program? Drop Zone vs. Firehawk.

Flight of Fear vs. Backlot Stunt Coaster

Gee asking me this is like asking me Jonas Brothers or Miley Cyrus...I can't say as I am a fan of either...but out of the two I like the theming of Flight Of Fear...so it gets my vote.

And speaking of those...

Jonas Brothers vs. Miley Cyrus

I truly don't listen to either. I imagine if I did, I'd prefer the Jonas Brothers... Their songs are more deep (as far as that sort of artist goes). And if I had to equate JBs or MC with artists I know well from the last decade, I think the JBs are more along the line of Alanis, Avril, etc. while MC is Britney Spears, Mandy Moore, etc. So I'd take the JBs.

Degrassi vs. The OC (or whatever the newest spinoff of the OC is...)

The OC. only because of uh.. Rachel Bilson.

I will admit I prefer Miley I like her music she's becoming more grown up in her music I gotta admit the only Jonas Bros Song I've really listened to is ''Poor Unfortunate Souls'' from Disney's The Little Mermaid.

Werewolves or Vampires?

EDIT: Aw fail. I'm too slow to reply. :lol:

I wasn't around when Enchanted Voyage was, and I don't have any solid memories of Phantom Theater, but PT just seems like a cooler idea to me.

Now, for the ultimate battle...

Cats vs. dogs :lol:

Edited by TombRaiderFTW

Cats vs. dogs

I am not a pet person...I think cats are better because they pretty much leave you alone...but there is that cat box problem...I do know dogs are more loyal...but they always want to be with you! :lol: (If the dog could be stuffed I would choose a dog because they are cuter!

Going to the theater vs. Watching a DVD

Talon vs. Patriot

From what I've heard, neither is exceptional... I guess I'd say Talon, because first off, I love the name and how it ties in with Raptor. Plus, it's pretty impressive to look at as far as color scheme, and I think it has some pretty cool elements. Both have Immelmans, and those are probably my favorite elements on inverted coasters... I've never ridden either, but I think the cool paint job alone gives Talon the win.

Busch Gardens: Europe vs. Africa

I know most people prefer BGE, but I think I'd like BGA better. I haven't been to BGE, but I have been to BGA and I really liked it. The collection of coasters is better in my opinion (Woodies, Schwarzkopf looper, Wild Mouse, Forceful intense B&M Sitdown, My #1 Invert, and SheiKra which is a great dive machine, I rode Python and it wasn't very good.) If BGE still had BBW or Drachen Fire, I'd chose it though. But I like the palm trees and tropical-ness of BGA. BGE seems so 'dark' or something.

Old B&M Hyper trains (Goliaths, Nitro, Silver Star, Hollywood Dream, Appolo.) vs. New B&M Hyper Trains (Behemoth, Diamondback, Intimidator.)

I really LOVE the new B+M trains much much better. They are more open aired and you really get a better view. After riding both Behemoth and Diamondback and then Raging Bull, it was definitely no contest as to which style of trains are better. I really like the V-style seating better than the plain old four across. The sensations are much more intense, and again, a better view just can't be beat! I wouldn't be surprised if parks that own older B+M hypers decide to get the new V-style trains for the added freedom and view.

Guitar Hero series vs. Rock Band series

Rock Band. Guitar Hero made me mad when they refused to let their guitars work on Rock Band. If I paid for the guitar, I feel I should be able to use it however I want. It's my guitar now, not theirs. I should get to pick how I want to use it. No other reason besides that.

iPod vs. Zune

iPod. I realize that having a Zune is 'trendy' and 'indie,' but anyone over 15 shouldn't really care what's "trendy" or "indie" when the functionality of the iPod is so much greater. Though to be fair, I don't know the inner workings of a Zune all that well, or how much music costs for it. I assume exactly the same or we'd see a dip in iPod sales. :P

P.S. SINCE WHEN DID I BECOME A SENIOR MEMBER? SCORE!

Arrow mine train vs. Arrow megalooper?

Arrow mega-loopers as I've ridden more of those than the mine trains though there are a few decent mine trains out there, including Adventure Express. My favorite Arrow loopers are/were:

BGW Drachen Fire

SFGAm Shock Wave

GL Double Loop

KI Vortex

Darien Lake Viper

Though Adventure Express is probably the best of the mine trains I've been on despite the lackluster ending.

Spongebob vs. Patrick vs. Squidward

PS3, for the variety. XBOX almost every good original game is a shooter, Wii's got some great games (Galaxy, Smash Bros), but there's way to many lame party games.

Rivertown vs. Old Virginia

Edited by guitarkevin4life

Phillies vs. Yankees

I couldn't care less about organized sports...but I will go with The Yankees just because I like the old movie "The Pride of the Yankees".

Halloween Haunt 2008 vs. Halloween Haunt 2009

Halloween Haunt 2008- I slightly enjoyed Dead Awakening more than Hot Blooded, Red Beard's Revenge more than Cut-Throat Cove, and I missed having The Worksite. 2009 still had its pluses, however- CornSTALKERS was nicer, Slaughterhouse was fun, and both pathways behind the Eiffel Tower were open. Also, of course, Diamondback was around for 2009 :)

After entering the park... Going to the Left vs. Going to the Right