Sign in to follow this  
DropZone99

This vs that

I was just comparing things in my mind earlier and thought of this game. I'll go first, I'll say something vs something else, and the person who posted this vs that gets to also chose what they think of they're own poll. Than the next person decides which is better. That same person who chose which is better will than say something vs something else. Being a theme park related site, try to keep it mostly amusement park related but it's okay if there is the occasional non related thing (example, Pepsi vs Coke.) So here we go!

Incredible Hulk vs Kumba.

I've only ridden Kumba, but from the looks of Incredible Hulk I think Kumba is better. Kumba is a great coaster, it's forceful, has a lot of inversions, and isn't too smooth like most B&Ms (I like that.) Incredible Hulk looks only a little bit less good, the launch and zero g look fun, along with the corkscrew into the second loop, but overall Kumba is a little bit better.

Okay, next person go!

Having ridden both, I have to go with Kumba- more enjoyable, and the tight turns and corkscrews as the end are fantastic.

Power Tower (Cedar Point) vs. Drop Tower (Kings Island)

If you mean the drop side of Power Tower, the winner is Drop Tower. (Can't seem to recall the official S&S name for that side for some reason.) If you're including the Space Shot side in that, then Power Tower wins hands down. I just can't help but love the suspense of the upwards shot and the airtime afterward more than the simple drop of Drop Tower. The drop side of Power Tower just loses something compared to Drop Tower for me- not sure what it is.

Mean Streak (Cedar Point) vs. Son of Beast (Kings Island)

Son of Beast at Kings Island defiantly! Mean Streak is eh... okay. Son of Beast is one of my favorite woodies.

Oktoberfest pond vs Swan Lake (when actual lake...)

I chose Swan Lake because of it's location being quiet and relaxing. With Oktoberfest pond you have the screams of Delirium, Viking Fury, and Slingshot. Plus Outer Hanks smells bad...

Edited by DropZone99

Hot Blooded! Dead Awakening was good, but for some reason I just like Hot Blooded better. Maybe because of the explosions? :rolleyes:

Slaughter House vs Cut Throat Cove

^I would choose Firehawk...even if it usually does have a longer line. I don't know what it is about FOF that bores me...it certainly isn't a slow coaster...but I still always think to myself "Wake me when it's over". (I did used to like all of the theming...when it was dark though.)

An easy one Fearfest vs Halloween Haunt

Edited by standbyme

I'm actually having a very hard time deciding which I like better- Halloween Haunt or Fear Fest. The new Haunt mazes seem more intricate, complex and detailed than Fear Fest's, as do many of the countless displays (Harry Potter skeleton, etc.). At the same time, many of Halloween Haunt's displays are also quite offensive (the former celebrity skeletons, etc.). Besides not easily offending guests, Fear Fest also had the fantastic CornSTALKERS scare-zone, compared to the decent version of it we have now.

So many variables and pros and cons for each, but I think I have to choose Haunt. However, this is partially due to the fact I can remember the pros of Haunt better than I can for Fear Fest, having been older and the events more recent.

Racer Red vs. Racer Blue

Racer Red...because of all the tracking work it has received. And because I had ridden that side less in recent years before the conversion.

LaRosa's Pizza in the park or Skyline Chili in the park?

Funnel cakes- powdered sugar and strawberries on top of one taste amazing. Although drastically overpriced at Kings Island, the ones at Trader's World (not way too far from the park) are double the size and half the cost :)

Meeting Scooby-Doo vs. Riding Scooby-Doo and the Haunted Castle

I chose Paramount hands down!

Haven't been on Behemoth but Diamondback looks a little bit better because of it's location, and the splashdown is cooler than one extra air time hill.

Vekoma fliers vs B&M Fliers

Edited by DropZone99

Interpreter...I think you effectively stopped this game dead in it's tracks with your question! :lol:

I will not pretend to know the answer to your question since I haven't been to EITHER park...do you wanna come up with a different question so that we can get moving again?!

Incredible Hulk- the only time I did Maverick I had a horrible ride experience. I blame having ridden in the backseat, but I won't be able to change my opinion until at least next year... :rolleyes:

vs. SpongeBob 3D

(Click for videos if you haven't seen either)

Hmm 7th Portal is my choice but I do like Spongebob Squarepants 3D err 4D depending what park you ride it!

Islands Of Adventure or Walt Disney World?

Edited by Haunted Castle Guy

Can't say much for the current this vs. that, so the IoA vs. WDW one is still active, but I just gotta point out...

Incredible Hulk- the only time I did Maverick I had a horrible ride experience. I blame having ridden in the backseat, but I won't be able to change my opinion until at least next year... :rolleyes:

As one who had your exact experience the first time he rode Maverick, let me tell you that the front seat makes the ride experience much more enjoyable. There's hardly any neck-beating up there; sticking it out for the front seat moved Maverick from a 2/10 to an 8/10 for me. It's still not in my top 5, but it certainly got much closer than it wasn't beforehand. :) Hope that helps.

Islands of Adventure vs Walt Disney World is a tough one...

Islands of Adventure is easily the most impressive American park visually, and there really truly is nothing like Dueling Dragons, Spiderman, Poseidon's Fury, etc... And Port of Entry is impressive enough to be a park in and of itself. But Disney World has Tower of Terror. If it had Indiana Jones Adventure, I'd say Disney, but as it is, I call a tie.

Much like a B&M invert, about the only choice as far as seating on Maverick is the front row*. And yes, it has a bit of a slamming problem in the back... Now imagine it going literally twice the speed and voila! I305! ;) No but in all seriousness, I wish them luck with that! Hopefully it'll work out with incredible results... Hopefully. It has potential!

Hanna-Barbera Land vs. Nickelodeon Central vs. Planet Snoopy

* There are only three coasters I know of where it's front seat or you get no view... B&M Inverts, Maverick, and this little puppy. A great view for every other row, though!

Edited by GoodYellowKoRn182