Sign in to follow this  
NOTRE

CAROWINDS

I don't think Carowinds should have got rid of the Wild Thornberries Log Flume. It was twice as good as Kings Island Wild Thornberries Log Flume. It was two times as big as Kings Island. It was a lot of fun. The should haven't got rid of it. They should have got rid of something else. What do you Think?

Edited by NOTRE

It'd just be Linus' River Excursion next year anyway, what's the difference! Haha. But on a serious note, lots of parks are viewing water rides as "expendable" because they haven't been "innovative" in quite some time. The latest notable innovation that isn't beyond most parks financial capacity (ex. Intamin Aquatrax, etc.) was the Intamin Rapids ride. Now everyone park has one, as well as a log flume and typically a splashdown boat.

So recently, when parks need more room, one of the water rides is an easy sacrifice, and log flumes are, in many cases, the oldest and most-in-need-of-repair of their water ride collection. Cedar Fair, in particular has a way with water rides... But let us not forget, Paramount removed a lot of water rides to build, including one for Tomb Raider: The Ride relatively recently.

But when planning a huge coaster, you have to imagine where it would best fit, the terrain, what it can replace, etc. and for Carowinds, the land occupied by the log flume must've fit the bill. It sucks, but something always has to go to bring in something new in smaller parks. I guess be greatful that you're at least getting a world-class replacement - many parks remove classic rides and then build nothing in their place.

It may suck, but like GYK said, sometimes good things have to go for better things. Besides, if STR does well at CP next year, we may be seeing some other parks in the chain be getting these new Intamin flumes as intermediate installments between years with major ride installments.

^

And they fit the bill well! The only thing I'm worried about for Cedar Point's is that the animation (which yes, may be changed in the final form, but it's something to think about) shows the log passing under an inescapable waterfall. As I said, the three typical water rides are the splashdown boat, rapids, and log flume... As it is, the latter is the only one that doesn't get you SOAKED, and usually gets you pleasantly wet. Cedar Point already has a splashdown and a rapids ride, so there ought to be a "less wet" option. I hope that this waterfall turns off right as you pass under it or something. That would be cool... Hahha.

Well I haven't seen the sign of Frontier Trail... Sorry? I guess my argument was that you shouldn't get soaked. For me, at least, things like Snake River Falls / Congo Falls are done on a dare unless it's actually that hot out. Log flumes, though, are enjoyable ways to get a bit of a splash. Just sayin'.

I would like it better if the didn't get rid of it. It is 10000000000000000000000000000000 times better than the rollar coaster that is coming. Log rides are what kids like. Cedar Fair people are not very smart a log ride is what kids like.

Ridiculous exaggeration does not a point prove.

And tastes differ. ...

Exactly. Interpreter, I sometimes have a problem with the way you conduct your discussion board affairs. I find that in most of your replies, you try to state your own opinion, but in a way that is clearly trying to use "a haughty and superfluous vernacular" (if you'll pardon my pun) to try to make it seem superior to another person's.

You have a combined post count of like, 25,000 on various Kings Island fan sites... So what? It really says nothing but that you talk a lot. People do have opinions, and some people use "ridiculous exaggeration" to express them. Still others use satire. Some use sarcasm. You pointing out how ridiculous NOTRE's numbers are certainly isn't going to change his opinion, it isn't going to prove your point is more valid than his, and it definitely isn't going to make him feel welcome.

A lot of time you come off as "wise" simply because you take no stand. Whether it's the Son of Beast issue, The Crypt, Planet Snoopy or even this, you leave it open-ended so you can mock others evaluations while not leaving yourself open to criticism by choosing either side. I don't know where you stand on any of the topics I just listed because frankly, you try to be too cryptic, trying to portray that you have some insider information that prevents you from saying... well... anything. At least, anything of clear relevance.

I know this is a bit off-topic in an already somewhat unnecessary thread, but I truly challenge you to continue to play the devil's advocate from time to time, but to actually contribute to discussions rather than just raise more questions and instigate. I know when I was new on this site and others, responses like the ones you oftentimes provide would make me feel very unwelcome. You may have been around here for a while, but when it comes down to it, you're just a person like all of us, and certainly have no authority to criticize his posting style or "mathematical precision" (which we all know was just an emotional number with no relevance). If he had spelling errors or grammatical errors, I think those would be worth pointing out. But to simply post with your only reason behind it being to show how silly and "ridiculous" his post was is unnecessary.

When Tomb Raider: The Ride took the place of the Keelboat Canal, there was a lot of resentment about that, which still circulates today (especially with it having given its life for what eventually became The Crypt). Though based on your usual formula I doubt you personally took a side on it, many people were frustrated with it, and not of them had the brilliance and sophistication you did to poll guests, find the average, and then scientifically evaluate that "out of 100 guests polled, the Keelboat Canal was rated higher than The Crypt approximately 6.78883 out of 10 times." :rolleyes:

If NOTRE prefers the log flume based on the very idea of Intimidator, let him. After all, if Diamondback were torn down to build a log flume, people would say "Diamonback is 100000000000000000 times better than the new log flume will be," and very few people would disagree or point out how ridiculous that equally exaggerated number is...