Sign in to follow this  
PKIDelirium

Kings Island Pushes Boundaries For Halloween Haunt

...THUMBS DOWN to Kings Island for its tasteless and tacky tactics to scare park-goers with a Halloween Haunt display of dead celebrities, including Michael Jackson, Heath Ledger, Steve McNair and Farrah Fawcett. Kings Island removed the celebrity scene and apologized after the appropriate outroar. Not funny. Not even scary....

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2009092...+rule+of+thumbs

...Wednesday

In an apparent attempt to ruin business, the marketing whizzes at Kings Island amusement park unveil a Halloween display featuring skeletons of Steve McNair, his mistress, Michael Jackson, Heath Ledger and Matt Leinart's career....

Next week's guaranteed happenings:

Kings Island officials will announce they are scrubbing the Halloween display of dead celebrities but are going ahead with plans for an Al Davis Petting Zoo....

http://www.fanhouse.com/2009/09/27/week-in...oot-meet-mouth/

honestly, i think some people here are just being way to one sided. i went to the haunt friday and yesterday and did all the haunts. i didn't see anything that was inapropriate for someone over 13. club blood had cage dancers not strippers. also, there was no graphic scenes in it. ive seen worse stuff in movies rated PG-13. if KI did use live animals in the haunt attractions, they would have to first get approval from the ASPCA and then they would be closely monitered by them to make sure the KI is not doing anything cruel to the animals. yes, KI did go a little over the top with the dead celebrity skeletons but when it started offending people they took it down which is the right thing to do. but really you can't do something good unless you offend some people. KI is trying to compete with alot of other haunts in the area that could be just as offensive if not even more offensive. so pushing the envelope is something they need to do. just because KI does things i don't agree with doesnt mean i wont continue to go there to have fun. if the haunt offends you then dont go through the haunt attractions, you can still ride the rides.

Edited by stuntvolt

^I personally thought Club Blood seemed to be a bit more sexual this year- in the alley-way section, one of the female scareactors kept telling me "You can take me home and do whatever you want with me" :lol:

Hot Blooded is also an example of an attraction being for mature audiences only. Besides the revealing outfits worn by the female cast, there are also some suggestive scenes.

^I personally thought Club Blood seemed to be a bit more sexual this year- in the alley-way section, one of the female scareactors kept telling me "You can take me home and do whatever you want with me" :lol:

Hot Blooded is also an example of an attraction being for mature audiences only. Besides the revealing outfits worn by the female cast, there are also some suggestive scenes.

everyones experience is a little bit different. the actors didnt say anything to me that i took as offensive. the sign at the show says its for mature audiences only.

i didn't see anything that was inapropriate for someone over 13.

Which is why I mentioned Club Blood (as you said, individual experiences are always different though) and Hot Blooded ;)

Hot Blooded is very inappropriate and is not suitable for younger audiences- or even members of the older audiences, at least those that easily take offense to material inside the show.

^ exactly, i wouldnt take a smaller kid to the haunt period and i won't take a couple of my friends through club blood or to see hot blooded because they are so easily offended by that kind of stuff.

When I was exiting Club Blood Saturday night, I over heard the shirtless guy at the door saying to some adults with three kids, "You don't have a problem with it, I don't have a problem with it, but the rules are still the rules." I'm assuming he was not letting the kids inside and the adults were disagreeing.

People going through Slaughter House that are aware of the "live animal controversy" may get a good laugh when they see what the "live" animals actually are, but I doubt too many people without the advance knowledge will get the humor and just think it's just lame.

I can see how it's "too soon." Dave from Wendy's, I mean, that's fine, because it's kind of carefree. But having recently-deceased celebrities "re-enacting" their death is unnecessary. And unfortunately, I think this is Kings Island's way of trying to be badass and "yeah, we don't care what you think, yeah we're sooooo over the line and hardcore." All the disgusted reactions they're getting is making them happy, like they've done the right thing. The truth is, it's offensive in a BAD way, and if they wanted to "cross the line", they should've done it in a way that's actually cool.

exactly! like maybe making it scary for a change? it would be badass if the actors could grad you and be intense! is it realllly THAT hard to put an effort into it? i went into the clown one, and the dot room person 'wasn't ready' for us. and in the asylum there was a guy who sat in the corner! he definately wasnt trying that hard.

For many reasons, mostly having to do with liability and insurance, Cedar Fair doesn't have or allow its monsters to touch you. That is very unlikely to change any time in the foreseeable future.