Sign in to follow this  
PKIDelirium

Kings Island Pushes Boundaries For Halloween Haunt

i think its great they are "pushing" the limit this year but as a very big animal lover i think it is almost a cruel idea to use live animals in this. idk what kind of animals they are using but to me it doesnt matter. its going to subject them to a great deal of undue stress and possibly injury to them or to guests. i mean for example, what if they use a dog? the dog could become stressed and attack someone out of pure discomfort. especially if the animals are not used to the type of noises/props/masses of people. plus a lot of guests may try to hurt the animals. not everyone is respectful. if they can vandalize a brand new waiting line ( aka Diamondback ) in the first few days of operation what makes you think someone wont try to hurt one of the animals? idk how they will keep that whole thing in control but i hope they keep it in moderation or completely rule it out because i don't support it.

most of you may think im "overreacting" but whatever. i care deeply about animals. always have, always will. i have devoted most of my life to caring for them and keeping them from harms way and i dont have a good feeling about this. if they really are going to keep this in, i really hope someone of some animal protection agency is watching over this because if not, there will be problems. i know it.

^

I beleive they're using goats. Maybe pigs. But I do agree. Let's face it: some people are jerks, and someone will dump a drink into the pen, throw trash in, etc. Pure and simple.

And even if they're penned up and protected from that sort of thing, haunted houses are purposefully loud. Constant shrieks, loud rattling, people running... That's not good for the animals, even if they are in an outdoor section of the house, it's sooo much for them to deal with having people run by screaming, scareactors smacking walls and banging trashcan lids, etc.

Ruh-Roh!... I don't like this at all I agree with the both of you as a memeber of many animal Orgs.(Except PETA only cuz I think there notallthere.gif) I know most of you will laugh when I say this but Don't you see the Danger here?, inherent in what Kings Island is doing here? When animals get spooked or are stressed no matter big or small they will defend themselves and when a goat rams,bites etc you hit hurts like h*ll! No don't like this.

I also have to say this I find it sad that so many people think Halloween is a holiday when it's not holiday means ''Holy Day''. Hey I like Halloween as much as the next guy but I enjoy a simple Halloween.. Ghost stories,pulling pranks,taking the kids trick or treating,craving a pumpkin...I don't like what CF is doing pushing the limits has turned me off from the park to me..it's a ''Hollywood Halloween'' something I will not partake in I wish CF would have Halloween Haunt like Halloweekends that's pretty cool and it's okay to take the kids to.

Mr.Kinzel, after careful consideration, I've decided *not* to endorse your park! I'm so sad to call my self a Kings Island Fan. :(

...Don Helbig, Kings Island spokesman, spent a rainy Thursday helping to remove the scene of slain NFL quarterback Steve McNair and his dead mistress Sahel Kazemi, along with other skeletons made to look like dead celebrities, including Heath Ledger and Michael Jackson....

http://www.usatoday.com/news/offbeat/2009-...ad-celebs_N.htm

a. USAToday

b. Don Helbig spent a rainy day helping remove the skeletons. Interesting. I can think of several reasons why he might be personally helping with the removal...

I also have to say this I find it sad that so many people think Halloween is a holiday when it's not holiday means ''Holy Day''. Hey I like Halloween as much as the next guy but I enjoy a simple Halloween.. Ghost stories,pulling pranks,taking the kids trick or treating,craving a pumpkin...

If holiday -> Holy Day, then about the only holidays we'd get off work / school for would be Christmas and Easter. Haha. Independence Day, Thanksgiving, etc. would not be holidays. And really, Halloween has more right being a holiday by the Holy Day standard that any of those, since technically it's All Hallows Eve, the night before All Saints Day... I mean, it's been a bit perverted from it's "Holy" origins, but still... Just sayin'!

Ghost stories,pulling pranks,taking the kids trick or treating,craving a pumpkin...

And how often do these pumpkin cravings occure...do you find yourself eating pumpkins before noon...do you find yourself sneaking pumpkins...if you answered yes to either of these questions you may have a problem. :lol:

Figured Kings Island would pull the figures down. KI has no back bone. What is the worst thing that could happen? Bad publicity? Too late, what has SOB caused? Plenty of bad publicity! They kept it open for what 8 or 9 years?

Perhaps if they did not have pill bottles and a gun, which i think was stupid to have in the first place. Maybe there wouldn't have been that big of a stink.

I was supposed to be a humorous tribute to great people, and was ruined by people who don't have a since of humor!

Whatever!

Great job Kings Island, let everyone walk on top of you.

The figures themselves were alright as far as like, a skeleton with the Joker's costume. But when it's surrounded in pill bottles, you're not celebrating the character, you're celebrating the means of death of the man who played him... We could've done without that. The Farrah Fawcet one was okay, too, in my opinion. If they hadn't highlighted the way they died, they would've been nice memorials.

I was supposed to be a humorous tribute to great people, and was ruined by azzholes who don't have a since of humor!

I usually respect your opinion...but personally I do not like being called an "azzhole" because we have different opinions...and even though I must not have a since of humor because some of the displays offended me, I have been told I do have a great sense of humor. :)

Edited by standbyme

...THUMBS DOWN to Kings Island for its tasteless and tacky tactics to scare park-goers with a Halloween Haunt display of dead celebrities, including Michael Jackson, Heath Ledger, Steve McNair and Farrah Fawcett. Kings Island removed the celebrity scene and apologized after the appropriate outroar. Not funny. Not even scary....

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2009092...+rule+of+thumbs

...Wednesday

In an apparent attempt to ruin business, the marketing whizzes at Kings Island amusement park unveil a Halloween display featuring skeletons of Steve McNair, his mistress, Michael Jackson, Heath Ledger and Matt Leinart's career....

Next week's guaranteed happenings:

Kings Island officials will announce they are scrubbing the Halloween display of dead celebrities but are going ahead with plans for an Al Davis Petting Zoo....

http://www.fanhouse.com/2009/09/27/week-in...oot-meet-mouth/

honestly, i think some people here are just being way to one sided. i went to the haunt friday and yesterday and did all the haunts. i didn't see anything that was inapropriate for someone over 13. club blood had cage dancers not strippers. also, there was no graphic scenes in it. ive seen worse stuff in movies rated PG-13. if KI did use live animals in the haunt attractions, they would have to first get approval from the ASPCA and then they would be closely monitered by them to make sure the KI is not doing anything cruel to the animals. yes, KI did go a little over the top with the dead celebrity skeletons but when it started offending people they took it down which is the right thing to do. but really you can't do something good unless you offend some people. KI is trying to compete with alot of other haunts in the area that could be just as offensive if not even more offensive. so pushing the envelope is something they need to do. just because KI does things i don't agree with doesnt mean i wont continue to go there to have fun. if the haunt offends you then dont go through the haunt attractions, you can still ride the rides.

Edited by stuntvolt

^I personally thought Club Blood seemed to be a bit more sexual this year- in the alley-way section, one of the female scareactors kept telling me "You can take me home and do whatever you want with me" :lol:

Hot Blooded is also an example of an attraction being for mature audiences only. Besides the revealing outfits worn by the female cast, there are also some suggestive scenes.

^I personally thought Club Blood seemed to be a bit more sexual this year- in the alley-way section, one of the female scareactors kept telling me "You can take me home and do whatever you want with me" :lol:

Hot Blooded is also an example of an attraction being for mature audiences only. Besides the revealing outfits worn by the female cast, there are also some suggestive scenes.

everyones experience is a little bit different. the actors didnt say anything to me that i took as offensive. the sign at the show says its for mature audiences only.

i didn't see anything that was inapropriate for someone over 13.

Which is why I mentioned Club Blood (as you said, individual experiences are always different though) and Hot Blooded ;)

Hot Blooded is very inappropriate and is not suitable for younger audiences- or even members of the older audiences, at least those that easily take offense to material inside the show.

^ exactly, i wouldnt take a smaller kid to the haunt period and i won't take a couple of my friends through club blood or to see hot blooded because they are so easily offended by that kind of stuff.

When I was exiting Club Blood Saturday night, I over heard the shirtless guy at the door saying to some adults with three kids, "You don't have a problem with it, I don't have a problem with it, but the rules are still the rules." I'm assuming he was not letting the kids inside and the adults were disagreeing.

People going through Slaughter House that are aware of the "live animal controversy" may get a good laugh when they see what the "live" animals actually are, but I doubt too many people without the advance knowledge will get the humor and just think it's just lame.

I can see how it's "too soon." Dave from Wendy's, I mean, that's fine, because it's kind of carefree. But having recently-deceased celebrities "re-enacting" their death is unnecessary. And unfortunately, I think this is Kings Island's way of trying to be badass and "yeah, we don't care what you think, yeah we're sooooo over the line and hardcore." All the disgusted reactions they're getting is making them happy, like they've done the right thing. The truth is, it's offensive in a BAD way, and if they wanted to "cross the line", they should've done it in a way that's actually cool.

exactly! like maybe making it scary for a change? it would be badass if the actors could grad you and be intense! is it realllly THAT hard to put an effort into it? i went into the clown one, and the dot room person 'wasn't ready' for us. and in the asylum there was a guy who sat in the corner! he definately wasnt trying that hard.