Sign in to follow this  
GoodYellowKoRn182

Starlight Experience at Kings Island

Screamscape (so yes, take this for a grain of salt,) is reporting that Kings Island may be getting their own version of Cedar Point's Starlight Experience for 2010. Personally, I was very impressed with Starlight Experience at Cedar Point... Depending on how they were to do it at Kings Island, I would be pleased. There's speculation that if we were to get one, it would be in Oktoberfest now that our Rivertown isn't really... well... prime real estate for trees.

But I urge you to consider - if Cedar Fair has no plans to improve the Tower Gardens... Well, this may be a fantastic place for such a show. During the day, the Gardens could be closed (thereby eliminating the biggest complaint people have about Cedar Point's Starlight Experience - the ugly extension cords and wires visible during the day), opening the large wrought-iron gates at dusk as letting people tour the Gardens.

And just my constant need to have everything be well-themed urges me to think... Eiffel Tower = Paris = City of Lights... Perhaps, Garden of Lights? That would be a beautiful name for the exhibit, and I'd love to see it come if they do it correctly.

The thing with the former Paramount Story is that it seems too small... Yes, it's a very large attraction, but (unless I'm mistaken), Cedar Point's Frontier Trail is much larger. It would look nice on the pathway between Coney Mall and Rivertown, as well as spilling into other parts of Rivertown. I could imagine it about anywhere, however, except Boomerang Bay and Action Zone.

Even if they did it on International Street, and had the lights of the street interact with the lights of the fountain and tower... That'd be breathtaking, and a fantastic way to leave the park each night! Especially if they managed to play (not even synchronize, but play) some epic sounding music. And yeah, Paramount Gardens are small, but I feel like it would be a nice little area to have them in, regardless... The running waterfall, the shimmering lights, some soft music, and it would be a small "meander about as you will" attraction.

I think it would be nice if we got Starlight Experience. The best place for it would probably be in Tower Gardens, if Cedar Fair fixed that area up. If we get this, Planet Snoopy, and hopefully a new flat ride next season won't be so bad!

Agreed, a Starlight would be really nice at the park. And yes, the Frontier Trail is much, much larger than the Tower Gardens. And unless they significantly modify the show, there's no way they'd get floats through the Gardens without taking out a few trees and people along the way. I think it would fit better back in Rivertown between the WWC entrance and The Crypt.

Agreed, a Starlight would be really nice at the park. And yes, the Frontier Trail is much, much larger than the Tower Gardens.

See, I think it would be pretty sweet if it was smaller and placed in the Gardens. Guests could meander through the gardens and see the lights and it would all be like, a low-key, romantic thing. That would be ideal, I think. Having it in high traffic areas like Frontiertown, half the crowd is actually interested in looking at the lights. The other half is just trying to get between Millennium and Maverick.

By placing it in its own area (Tower Gardens), only those who actually want to see it would be on the pathways. It needn't necessary have the holiday theme, or the floats like Cedar Point's. Rather, it could just be a quiet, classical-music-filled, (dare I challenge Cedar Fair, slightly foggy?) section of the park. And its location in the Gardens would do three great things:

• Put it in close proximity to most exit paths from the park each night
  • Disguise the extension cords and "eye-sore" light strings during the day.
  • Provide a use for the currently, disgustingly vacant gardens. :P

Just a thought!

I know a lot of people on this forum have long pushed for Kings Island to have some sort of museum or history spot in the park, maybe there could be some displays of Kings Island-related historical info in the Tower Gardens to go along with the new lights.