Sign in to follow this  
TombraiderTy

Star Tours II Coming to Disneyland and Walt Disney World

Recently announced at the first-ever D23 Expo, both Disneyland Resort in California and Walt Disney World Resort in Florida will receive a new Star Tours attraction in 2011. Although they'll remain simulators, these exciting new attractions will be 3D and have some new effects. A teaser-video for the new attraction was released on YouTube:

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

^Agreed- my friend rode Star Tours for the first time in 2008. He used a Fast Pass, and after riding, said "That was all? That wasn't even worth waiting in the Fast Pass line!" I'm very happy to see the ride get an update- it's needed one.

New high-resolution version of picture from ride:

StarTours2.jpg

I personally hope the whole ride doesn't have the racing theme... tad boring, to be honest. Of course, if that is the case, I'd imagine they'd spruce-it-up with some chaotic events happening mid-race, sending you off-track and into enemy fire and what-not...

New high-resolution version of picture from ride:

StarTours2.jpg

I personally hope the whole ride doesn't have the racing theme... tad boring, to be honest. Of course, if that is the case, I'd imagine they'd spruce-it-up with some chaotic events happening mid-race, sending you off-track and into enemy fire and what-not...

I'm HOPING that Star Tours II borrows some of its effects from Tokyo DisneySea's Storm Rider. We all know that park is the best of the best of the best of the Disney parks, and their simulator is no exception. The whole idea of that ride is that you're working for a weather control center developing a new "weapon" which can create storms, and a small missile which can disperse them. But when a storm gets out of hand fast, they send out one StormRider (that's you) to use the storm-dispersal missile. Unfortunately, among other in-cabin effects, the winds blow the missile right back onto your StormRider and it punctures the cabin.

Tokyo%20Disney%20Resort-%20Tokyo%20DisneySea-%20StormRider_1206172325550_thumb.png

That's obviously accompanied by smoke and stuff... And there's tons more effects other than that. It's actually a really incredible looking ride, with a unique storyline and beautiful graphics. A video of it here for anyone interested. The in-cabin effects start at like, 3:40. I think that sort of thing should be easy enough to do with Star Tours. One of the bad guys ships shooting missiles...