TOPGUN1993

Scooby Haunted Castle Retheme?

^Ya gotta pick your battles...and not jump on EVERY bandwagon! :D

I think that the reason Scooby's leaving appears to have upset so many more people is because it came out of left-field...most of the stuff that you listed were obvious, so there was no "shock". I also think that since we have learned that this move is just to save money...and the appearance that the park feels like "the customers be d@mned, we'll do what we want" makes it hurt even worse.

I am JUST as upset at losing Nick as I am Scooby...but I am more in awe that we are losing Scooby so soon.

(Sorry for the "profanity" but I couldn't think of a different/appropriate thing to fit the bill.)

Agreed!^ Scooby-Doo is timeless but young and old know him and can relate to him I won't argue and say snoopy isn't timeless but he just isn't popular with the young children like scooby-doo is I asked and told this news all week and I got the same reaction everytime ...Anger...Shock...Disgust.. A lot parents even told me they wouldn't take their kids to KI over the summer next year due snoopy being there and when I asked ''why'' this is what I got almost every time...

''My kids don't really know snoopy or charlie brown but they do love scooby-doo and spongebob.''

Cedar Point is a Snoopy Park... The Former Paramount Parks are Scooby-Doo Parks...I agree I'm not to happy with CP running KI I mean they are taking out almost everything that made KI the park we know and love..

Edited by Haunted Castle Guy

As said, the Scooby-Doo fan group is just for fun- perhaps to show how many people truly love Scooby-Doo's presence in the park. However, I highly doubt the group's existence will make any difference :lol:

Facebook groups and petitions haven't done much in the past (see, Big Bad Wolf, Crypt, Son of Beast, Top Gun's paint job)... But it's surely a great way to remember the park and reminisce once the inevitable happens... <_< And it also brings light to how many people are upset about this change.

Six Flags St. Louis has a Scooby themed dark ride. That being said what really keeps KI from retaining a scooby themed dark ride, we might just loose the scooby merchandise and walk around characters.

Nothing keeps Kings Island from retaining the Scooby Doo name. Kings Island doesn't license it, Sally Corp does. So they simply pay for the ride and as long as Sally keeps paying for Scooby, Kings Island keeps it (and I'm sure that if Sally opted to drop Scooby, they'd come in and do something or other with the rides, not just leave the parks hanging). So yes, Kings Island is free to keep the Scooby Doo ride. And even if the contract had expired, it's a license that undoubtedly isn't too expensive and really would mean a lot to Kings Island fans to keep... That's what so disheartening.

It was said on the In The Loop podcast or whatever that the dark rides will be altered for 2010. Closing, Snoopy retheme, or generic retheme, we don't know.

Edited by GoodYellowKoRn182

I'm wondering if the Hanna-Barbera contract (the one that gives the right to have the Scooby-Doo walk-around character I think) also expires after this year, or within the next couple of years. Unless I'm mistaken, the Sally contract doesn't give the park permission to have a walk-around character. Of course, I'd still opt for a Scooby-Doo dark-ride instead without a walk-around character than no Scooby-Doo dark-ride of any kind :rolleyes:

Well, if this must happen. All I can hope for now is that there is a generic theme. I definitely do not want a peanuts dark ride. I mean, really? What's it going to do? It'll be worse than the Simpson's ride at Universal.

And I like having a spooky type ride. And to be honest. You can't do that with the peanuts.

I'm just hoping for a generic theme. That's actually THEMED. Unlike the Crypt.

CF will have to surprise us, and hopefully they don't just paint all the scenery black and turn off special effects.

What if the ride is "altered" by closing it? Seeing CFs track record, I think the theater where the clown haunt is, will become the Good Times Ice Theater, and the rest of the building will become the worlds largest Peanuts Emporium Gift Shop.

Edited by Paramount4ever

^Although we would all hope for something else, it would be possible for the building to be converted into different facilities and for different uses. A gift shop, a theater, and a new restaurant could all fit into that space, and depending on how nice Cedar Fair felt, maybe even a small flat ride. I think this is the least likely possibility however.

Of course, I'd still opt for a Scooby-Doo dark-ride instead without a walk-around character than no Scooby-Doo dark-ride of any kind.

Boy, that would be a tough choice for me, I think if I HAD to choose, I would pick having the walk around character…I LOVE him being at the front gate in the morning…and sometimes in the evenings. I know my older Nephew would pick the ride…but my younger one gets more out of the walk around Scooby.

And I like having a spooky type ride. And to be honest. You can't do that with the peanuts.

Oh, I don’t know about that…I know the first time I heard that CF might bring The Peanuts to Kings Island it scared me to death. :rolleyes:

Oh, I don’t know about that…I know the first time I heard that CF might bring The Peanuts to Kings Island it scared me to death. :rolleyes:

:lol:

As has been discussed in the past, it is a possibility that the attraction could be converted into a "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!" ride. Or, not too different from the Garfield haunted house ride at Kennywood (which I've heard fails horribly), they could just incorporate Snoopy into a haunted house environment.

Six Flags St. Louis has a Scooby themed dark ride. That being said what really keeps KI from retaining a scooby themed dark ride, we might just loose the scooby merchandise and walk around characters.

Yeah I posted a Topic about it Here

Nothing keeps Kings Island from retaining the Scooby Doo name. Kings Island doesn't license it, Sally Corp does. So they simply pay for the ride and as long as Sally keeps paying for Scooby, Kings Island keeps it (and I'm sure that if Sally opted to drop Scooby, they'd come in and do something or other with the rides, not just leave the parks hanging). So yes, Kings Island is free to keep the Scooby Doo ride. And even if the contract had expired, it's a license that undoubtedly isn't too expensive and really would mean a lot to Kings Island fans to keep... That's what so disheartening.

It was said on the In The Loop podcast or whatever that the dark rides will be altered for 2010. Closing, Snoopy retheme, or generic retheme, we don't know.

From what I was told when Scooby-Doo and The Haunted Castle first opened in 2003.Scooby-Doo and The Haunted Castle is through Sally Corp. they hold the contract and pay for it ..anyway I was told Kings Island/Sally Corp took out a ten year contract so the contract would end in 2013, of course I have heard here recently that in the summer of 2006 kings island/sally corp extended the scooby-doo contract well into 2020 but that's not confirmed. .. And this was before Cedar Fair bought the park chain.

What if the ride is "altered" by closing it? Seeing CFs track record, I think the theater where the clown haunt is, will become the Good Times Ice Theater, and the rest of the building will become the worlds largest Peanuts Emporium Gift Shop.

If Cedar Fair did that I would SERIOUSLY stop going and would never give money to Cedar Point or any Cedar Fair park again and I would cry and it would infuriate me ...right now that building is used for storage..I would like to see a dark ride themed around snoopy if anything I see the old Nick Theater being the place for the new Snoopy stage show and the ''Nick Shop'' or ''Animation Station'' being the Peanuts Shop.

Besides every great park needs a dark ride...

What I'd like to see is for CF to change the entrance from where it's located to International Street between starbucks and the glass blowing shop. It could be made into an "adult" haunted castle with several rooms and indoor rides. Pehaps a tilt-a-whirl ride in the ball room, a glass maze in the catecombs, a trabant in the torture chamber, and a haunted boat ride to finish the tour.

^I thought up how they could have an entrance into the building from that same space, but I'm personally not a fan of the haunted house type attraction. That area is currently storage, but it could easily be made into a gift shop, restaurant, theater, or anything else. Other parts of the building could also be used for it.

You know I'd love to see a Snoopy themed dark ride I think that would be really cool.I like how in the Peanuts comic strips ..Snoopy daydreams as a writer and his opener on the typewriter is always It was a dark and stormy night. ...

I wonder if Cedar Fair could theme the ''Dark Ride'' around Snoopy daydreaming?

I knew about Kennywood and Garfield but have never been on that ''dark ride'' I've heard mixed reactions about ''Garfield's Nightmare'' I just hope CF does that buliding justice a lot of great dark rides have been in that building I would hope to see a snoopy dark ride..hehe a friend of mine said he wouldn't be surprised to see it being theme around woodstock looking for snoopy.

Yo, From what I was told Cedar Fair will be taking out all the themed Scooby-Doo stuff so I doubt it will be themed to snoopy and the peanuts gang...so it will mostly likely beknown as ''The Haunted Castle'' which is LAME! and WEAK! I'm peeved that Scooby is leaving too! Scooby has been at KI since it opened and I'm gonna miss him.

I hope The HAUNTED CASTLE is themed around Snoopy or at least The Peanuts Gang my friend got a flyer in the mail and he said the Haunted Mansion ride will be scoobyless next year.

Cedar Fair is known for screwing up dark rides!

They could leave the outside of the castle exactly as it is and just call it "Chateau du Mal Voisin," which is the name of the spooky chateau that Charlie Brown and Linus get invited to stay at in the film, "Bon Voyage, Charlie Brown (and Don't Come Back!!)."

Then on the inside, you could just section off each room to be a scene from different specials. There could be a Great Pumpkin room, a Charlie Brown Christmas room, an Easter Beagle room, etc. Of course, none of these themes translate to a shooting game so much. The only peanuts themed shooter game I can think of would be the Snoopy vs The Red Baron, but then again, all the guns would probably need replaced since they all have a "Mystery Machine" style to them. It would be somewhat disturbing for some to travel through the ride shooting at Peanut characters (a.k.a. children).

...If Kings Dominion gets their Tomb Raider music, so do we. And it's not even like it slipped under the radar that it was some Paramount music playing in the park, because they took it and added it to Firefall at Great America, and its not even got the same ride cycle. Like, that honestly is one thing that honestly pisses me off. I don't get worked up about much, but Kings Dominion's Crypt has every single special effect it opened with, Tomb Raider music, monkey warrior statues... It's honestly not fair, and it bothers me a lot. Just play our old Tomb Raider music. OR play Kings Dominion's Tomb Raider music! I don't care!...

So you are privy to the aspects of the contract between Cedar Fair and VIACOM as to exactly what would and would not be allowed on each specific individual ride at each park. I see.

How interesting. And how did you get this information?