TOPGUN1993

Scooby Haunted Castle Retheme?

holeyghost.jpg

Where will Charlie Brown and his custom go in the attraction? :lol:

Quite honestly though, a Great Pumpkin theme would fit well. I'd imagine most sets would have to be replaced, but it's not like they're all multi-million dollar pieces and effects... cut-outs with some fluorescent paint aren't that valuable :P

Most likely they will have to rebuild it unless they keep the castle for a great pumpkin/Halloween theme who knows but what I'm confused about most of all is the attraction Scooby-Doo and The Haunted Castle Going or is the Scooby-Doo meet and greet character going or both... we all should be worried CF and Dark Rides don't mix and there's plenty of examples of what I'm talking about...crypt and DT....*Sigh* <_<

you all blame Cedar fair for,possible happenings,nobody knows if they will change it.. UNTIL KINGS ISLAND SAYS HERE COME PLANET SNOOPY OR WHATEVER THEY PLAN TO BRING IN..

stop hating Cedar fair,what about Paramount, THEY TOOK OUT THE HAPPY LAND OF HANNA BARBARA AND THE ANTIQUE CARS AND THE FLYING EAGLES to put in something so stupid, so pointless and so in a place that it does not fit at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So before you start hating CF think about all that Paramount did to take the wonder and originality out of the park to make it like a movie,CF is trying to take it back to "72",so STOPPPPPPPPPPPPPP, you don't even know its going to happen, so wait until something is announced and then complain about a company who is trying its hardest to fix a park that was screwed up by a stupid movie based park industry

I don't care about periods as long as I get my point across

That sentence is the mating call of the ban button, just FYI. ;)

Just so you know, proper grammar and punctuation usage is in the site's ToS. It makes it a lot easier for people to read your posts. Just take a few seconds to proofread your posts before submitting them, and it will make your posts a lot more comprehensible. :)

I don't care about periods as long as I get my point across

That sentence is the mating call of the ban button, just FYI. ;)

Just so you know, proper grammar and punctuation usage is in the site's ToS. It makes it a lot easier for people to read your posts. Just take a few seconds to proofread your posts before submitting them, and it will make your posts a lot more comprehensible. :)

And it will certainly help to rid this site of the generalization that I've made that Paramount people speak properly WHIELefjf Cedar FAIIR peeple tok lyk diz so long as dey get tda point acros and f;s SNOOPY and dfdont wat abut DIAMONBACK. Hahha. Sorry, just had to say it.

I personally, as well as a lot of people out there, would rather have Italian Job than antique cars. Cedar Fair gets rid of log flumes left and right, and no one really seems to hate them for that? When KCKC got removed for Tomb Raider, it was a crime against nature. When Cedar Point's flume was removed for Maverick, it was all okay.

Scooby-Doo he is beloved by young and old.

I can't think of a better word to describe Scooby...I like Spongebob, but I know quite a few people who don't...but I don't know anyone who has ever knocked Scooby. :)

Cedar Fair gets rid of log flumes left and right, and no one really seems to hate them for that? When KCKC got removed for Tomb Raider, it was a crime against nature. When Cedar Point's flume was removed for Maverick, it was all okay.

Well, I wouldn't say that Tomb Raider and Maverick are on the same level of awesomeness. But maybe that's just me - I never liked the NutCrusher10,000-in-a-Box...

Well there are people who like Tomb Raider better than Maverick. It's probably 30-70 or thereabouts, but there are. I for one, would be ecstatic to have either at Kings Island, but I'd have Tomb Raider first. The point is, Cedar Fair does just sort of "erase" park's histories however they feel is necessary for expansion. They got rid of a perfectly good log flume for Maverick, while they have three carousels, two antique cars, and seven duplicate kids attractions. Sure, Tomb Raider cost us KCKC, but we do technically have Kings Mills / Wild Thornberrys to make up for it. I believe that it's the general consensus that KCKC was the better of the two, but still...

The point is, Cedar Fair needs to kind of hold themselves back a little bit. Do they really think they can "help" park attendance by replacing Scooby Doo with Snoopy. The very notion is ludacris. Scooby vs. Snoopy. Take a poll among kids. Then among parents. Then among enthusiasts. Then worldwide. I would almost guarantee that Scooby tops all the polls from all the groups.

Edited by GoodYellowKoRn182

And it will certainly help to rid this site of the generalization that I've made that Paramount people speak properly WHIELefjf Cedar FAIIR peeple tok lyk diz so long as dey get tda point acros and f;s SNOOPY and dfdont wat abut DIAMONBACK. Hahha. Sorry, just had to say it.

I personally, as well as a lot of people out there, would rather have Italian Job than antique cars. Cedar Fair gets rid of log flumes left and right, and no one really seems to hate them for that? When KCKC got removed for Tomb Raider, it was a crime against nature. When Cedar Point's flume was removed for Maverick, it was all okay.

I seriously LOL'd at this

:D

Scooby-Doo he is beloved by young and old.

I can't think of a better word to describe Scooby...I like Spongebob, but I know quite a few people who don't...but I don't know anyone who has ever knocked Scooby. :)

Thanks! and I agree with what you said aswell.

Edited by Haunted Castle Guy

you all blame Cedar fair for,possible happenings,nobody knows if they will change it.. UNTIL KINGS ISLAND SAYS HERE COME PLANET SNOOPY OR WHATEVER THEY PLAN TO BRING IN..

stop hating Cedar fair,what about Paramount, THEY TOOK OUT THE HAPPY LAND OF HANNA BARBARA AND THE ANTIQUE CARS AND THE FLYING EAGLES to put in something so stupid, so pointless and so in a place that it does not fit at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So before you start hating CF think about all that Paramount did to take the wonder and originality out of the park to make it like a movie,CF is trying to take it back to "72",so STOPPPPPPPPPPPPPP, you don't even know its going to happen, so wait until something is announced and then complain about a company who is trying its hardest to fix a park that was screwed up by a stupid movie based park industry

Oh really? I didn't know there was a giant hyper coaster towering over the rest of the park back in 1972. Thank you for point out everybody's stupidity.

If Cedar Fair does rethemed Scooby-Doo and The Haunted Castle what do you think Cedar Fair will retheme it to?

Snoopy World War 1 Flying Ace vs The Red Baron?

Snoopy's Search for Woodstock?

The Great Pumpkin?

And I have a feeling that it won't be interactive I wonder if they would get Sally to retheme it for them?!?

So this is a random thought and all, but since a complete ride through video of Phantom Theater from CoasterBob just showed up on YouTube, it got me thinking... What are the chances of Cedar Fair even considering that maybe there's a slight option of perhaps thinking about bringing back Phantom Manor? I mean, unless the new dark ride is Snoopy themed, I don't see why they'd change it anyways, but Phantom Theater's figures are obviously still in tact, the queue is already set up for it, the ride path is the same... Plus, it could easily be a family favorite if they did what many haunted houses are doing: Making them interactive. We already have the guns and laser targets and ride vehicles, and likely a lot of expensive props are sitting around in warehouses and the cheap props can be remade very easily.

For example, at Alton Towers, The Haunted Mansion became DUEL: The Haunted House Strikes Back. At Thorpe Park, Terror Tomb became Tomb Blaster... Perhaps an interactive Phantom Theater could be created from the already-existing targets and the old set pieces and animatronics cheaply and easily? I always preferred the actual animatronics over the wood cutouts anyway... Haha.

I dunno but what I do know is that one of the major reasons PT was removed is because the figures would brake down and it would cost the park Hundreds not if thousands of dollars to repair them.

Just ask the interperter

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=1329...8213&ref=nf

:rolleyes:

Wishful thinking for the most part. Although change is needed, it does seem kinda odd that Scooby-Doo is being removed when there are (supposedly) four more years on the contract.

Once again though, the group is just for fun- I highly doubt its existence could affect anything :lol:

A noble idea...but I agree, the park has already made up their mind...they do NOT care what the public actually thinks...unless they start losing money...THEN they care!

A noble idea...but I agree, the park has already made up their mind...they do NOT care what the public actually thinks...unless they start losing money...THEN they care!

Sadly I must agree ... Cedar Fair is blindly stupid and greedy I've talked to non-coaster/park fans over the last 4 days and they were shocked of course I asked if they knew and then told this grim news at college but everytime I said the same thing to a different person they all had different expressions mostly ..anger and shock.

One young woman told me she wouldn't be taking her kids to Kings Island next summer then because they love ''The Scooby-Doo Haunted House'' and they didn't really know snoopy or charlie brown...For a timeless character Snoopy sure isnt popular with the young ones. :blink:

When they destroy Geauga Lake and I protest, everyone says I'm being silly.

When they take the loop out of Son of Beast, beginning its downward spiral, and I point out what a stupid move it is, everyone says it's worth it for the new trains!

When they downgrade Backlot and I make petitions, it was a baby coaster anyway and I'm expecting too much.

When they gut the Crypt and I point it out, I'm overreacting.

When I say Cedar Fair is dismantling Kings Island's theme one trashcan at a time, I'm being oversenimental.

When they rumor that Snoopy's on the way in, I point out how he's just not current enough and the hate mail starts piling up.

But when they take out Scooby, everyone suddenly hates Cedar Fair and I'm just another person on the bandwagon. :rolleyes: Haha!