Sign in to follow this  
acdcrocker2009

kings dominion

I'm not sure why everyone (except Asa) is being so rude and not just answering the question? As he said, it had reliability issues, a low throughput, and was overall considered a bit of a rough ride. That area of the park is now awkwardly vacant with literally a large expansive area of concrete.

See guys, when I first joined the site, I had some "dumb" questions, too, and I when I got responses like you gave him, it just made me feel really stupid and unwelcome. Why can't you just answer it, even simply? I bet he didn't sign up with the express intent to be treated like an imbecile. It really hurts when you're new somewhere and people answer your questions with a snotty attitude.

^ If you're talking about Topdrag, he's just a troll. He slammed Ty a good one a while back for having the unabashed nerve to accidentally say CCI when he meant GCI or something.

Speaking of Topdrag... what is your issue, dude? Not everyone is as perfect as yourself. Try to bear with us as we try to get there, if you could be so kind.

ANYWAY, to contribute to the topic, I believe the reason Hypersonic was removed was because it was a maintenance nightmare- or so I've heard. It was down more than it was up, and it was no longer cost-efficient to keep it going.

Also, didn't they replace the trains like, after the first year? And each train held 12 people, so you can imagine how nuts the hourly capacity was. Sucks though, because it was a great staple of the park and really did make Kings Dominion the launch capitol of the world (Volcano, Flight of Fear, Hypersonic, Italian Job: Stunt Track...) That's like, a third of the park's coasters. Haha.

But the air launch was incredible. 0 - 80 in 1.8 seconds. Imagine that! Air coasters can launch like crazy. The fastest roller coaster on Earth goes 0 - 134.8 mph in 2.5 seconds, and it's S&S air powered coaster.

Also, didn't they replace the trains like, after the first year? And each train held 12 people, so you can imagine how nuts the hourly capacity was. Sucks though, because it was a great staple of the park and really did make Kings Dominion the launch capitol of the world (Volcano, Flight of Fear, Hypersonic, Italian Job: Stunt Track...) That's like, a third of the park's coasters. Haha.

But the air launch was incredible. 0 - 80 in 1.8 seconds. Imagine that! Air coasters can launch like crazy. The fastest roller coaster on Earth goes 0 - 134.8 mph in 2.5 seconds, and it's S&S air powered coaster.

Yes, the trains were replaced before it ran in it's second season. The trains actually only had room for 8 people, meaning capacity was a nightmare. Hypersonic XLC would have been great for a smaller park (except for the price). It just wasn't worth it for a park like Kings Dominion to keep putting money into it.