Sign in to follow this  
Asa

Planet Snoopy- New in 2010

Wasn't the hand-drawn film market "over saturated" a couple decades ago? ;)

Nope.At least not as bad as it is now with the ''CGI'' I mean look at my movie list so many computer animated films are coming out a slew of them.

Back then, every animated movie was hand-drawn. Today, every animated movie is CGI. The popular medium has changed, but the same amounts of films are coming out.

However, I'd take one nice Pixar film per year over Cinderalla 7, Little Mermaid 3, Snow White 2, Lady and the Tramp 1.5, and Aladdin 4 all coming out in one year any day. ^_^

^I love Pixar films, and not just because of their life-like animation (Wall-E especially), but also their fantastic soundtracks (Wall-E, once more). I'm looking forwards to Toy Story 3 next year, then the other upcoming Pixar films (Newt, Bear and the Bow, Cars 2) in the next few years.

^I love Pixar films, and not just because of their life-like animation

Obviously you are "forgetting" about the humans in Toy Story...they are the only flaws I see in otherwise great movies!

I find it amazing how you and I can be on the totally opposite page sometimes...I LOVE Pixar films...but I think Wall-E was a big mis-step for them...it is TOO "message heavy" and slow paced...I sat through it once...just trying to make it to the end...which I did...then a couple of weeks later I thought, "Well, maybe I was in a bad mood that night...i'll try it again"...I gave up after watching about a third of it. I think the graphics were great...Wall-E and Eve were cute...but they just couldn't save the slow plot. (I also didn't know how we were supposed to take the ending...Earth was still overloaded with more garbage than they knew what to do with...so where did they plan on putting it? Did I miss something?)

I think the humans in Toy Story we supposed to look cartoony. Large heads, big eyes, etc... I think if they were aiming for photorealism, they could've done WAY better than that, so I imagine it was on purpose. And it's so funny, because I saw Wall*E and honestly walked out of the theater thinking "Oh my God, that movie was literally perfect. The exact right run-time, the right message, the perfect score, the best visuals." I honestly was captivated. I haven't seen it since, but I distinctly remember having that thought.

Edited by GoodYellowKoRn182

^I guess it's me then...which surprises me because I love both Pixar and environmental causes...something about the movie just didn't reach me. :blink:

I dunno koRn..Return of Jafar was pretty solid as was Lion King 1 1/2 and Yesterday I got the ''Shock'' that I wasn't expecting Disney is releasing a new Diamond Collection for Blu-Ray..to kick things off they are starting with Snow White then Beauty and The Beast in 2010 and The Lion King(Fall 2011),The Little Mermaid(2012) and so on...

I'm so happy disney hasn't forgtten about it's '' Hand Drawn Fan Base''... Of course I'm also a Nightmare Before Christmas fanatic as well...

Disney Annouces ''The Diamond Blu-Ray Line''...

I like Pixar My favorites include

-Finding Nemo

-Monsters Inc.

- Wall-E

-A Bugs Life

-Cars

For me I love the ''adult themes'' that we can all relate to in pixars movies..like losing your kid or in my case nephew ...(It's happened I'm not proud of it either!)

Those are the ones I like and care for..

And rumor has it that Pixar is making a Dinosaur CGI film...and a Marvel Super Heros direct to dvd film.

Now can we please get back on topic?..........

Edited by Haunted Castle Guy

Really, standbyme? I absolutely loved Wall-E- I have the soundtrack on my iPod and we own the DVD, which I've watched more than once. And just to toss it out there, during the film's commentary, the director (?) claimed the movie wasn't made with any environmental message in mind, the Earth's situation was just set-up that way to give reason for the futuristic living society.

About Toy Story, GoodYellowKoRn182 may be right, about them being "cartoony" intentionally. Even if not, you have to remember the film is a decade old.

Even if not, you have to remember the film is a decade old.

Oh my, not a whole decade! Once you're my age you will see that decades just begin to fly by. Yeah, I personally think that that was the best that they could do with humans at that point in time...they have greatly improved. I am sure that you have seen the Pixar short film "Tin Toy"...the baby in that could scare the pants off of anyone! :D

You know, this may be vastly incorrect of me, but I actually would argue that Snoopy is not only not America's favorite dog, but even America's favorite beagle. In the scope of things, I think a greater number of people from a greater demographic are more familiar with... *drum roll*

Brian_Griffin.png

Haha. I know that sounds ridiculous, but he IS a beagle, and is admittedly far more commonly known by children, teens, and adults, in my opinion. I don't think he'd be appropriate for Kings Island, but I'm just sayin... Beagle vs. beagle, I'd chose Brian any day. And you must admit, though it wouldn't necessary be a great idea for a childrens area, if instead of Planet Snoopy we got Quahog, it'd be pretty groundbreaking.

Avatar ---> Stewie's Mind Bender - repainted purple with lime green hypnotic spirals all over it, the Avatar cutout is replaced with Stewie weilding a hypno-ray.

Nick Jr. Drivers ---> Peter's Driving School - You comically drive past all of the collapsed phone poles and angry drivers Peter's gotten into collisions with, including a finale encounter with that chicken he always fights with.

Scooby Doo ---> Family Guy: The Ride (where you become Stewie and have to use your hypnoray laser guns on the unsuspecting citizens of Quahog.)

Runaway Reptar ---> Quagmire Air - Goofy airplane pilot Quagmire takes you on a fast-paced plane ride like none before!

Fairly Odd Coaster ---> The Beastie - Just because.

Little Bill's Giggle Coaster ---> Paper Route Express - Hop about Chris's bikes and go for a wild ride on his paper route, passing out newspapers to your favorite Quahog neighbors, like Herbert, Cleveland, and Joe!

I'd rather have snoopy! I hate Family Guy and Seth Mcfarlane with a firey passion! Riiight a show that is suppose to be aimed at 18+ group in a kids area at a amusement park...strange bedfellows.

I' beg to differ kids know who snoopy is it's just do they know his human friends?

I like Family Guy but I think it'd be a horrible idea. Even though just about every kid 8+ watches it, most the time the parents don't know. Than the parent's would say things like "What parent would let their kid watch Family Guy!?" and want to sue Cedar Fair.

And you must admit, though it wouldn't necessary be a great idea for a childrens area, if instead of Planet Snoopy we got Quahog, it'd be pretty groundbreaking.

Thanks for taking the time to think this up...it was a fun read! :lol:

^The Simpsons Ride at Universal Studios... The Simpsons can be nearly as inappropriate as Family Guy manages to be :rolleyes:

True.But to me Family Guy is more vulgar I don't mind my nephew watching The Simpsons but most of the adult jokes are over the kids heads But not Family Guy it's right there in your face.. nope,No Sir I don't like it in fact I will say this: I despise Family Guy,American Dad, and it's creator...if you guys want a sick and twisted land of thrills then why not make that kiddie area themed to South Park? ;)

South Park is WAYYYYYYY worse. But of course, I wasn't suggesting that the Family Guy area be our new kids area... Just that it would be a fun area with lots of interesting flats and medium-sized rides. And thanks, standbyme! hahah. It was only meant to be a fun read. (:

Kind of bummed over the change. My son loved the Nick Toons when we went two years ago. I used to go in the days of Hanna Barbera. Other than the holiday Peanuts cartoons (Great Pumpkin, Thanksgiving and Xmas) my 8 year son has no idea who the Peanuts gang is. I think the Nick Toons were more with the times. Oh well, I'll still go. In fact, I'm trying to plan a family trip to KI to bring back the old memories of going there for vacations when I was little.

South Park is WAYYYYYYY worse. But of course, I wasn't suggesting that the Family Guy area be our new kids area... Just that it would be a fun area with lots of interesting flats and medium-sized rides. And thanks, standbyme! hahah. It was only meant to be a fun read. (:

And you did a great job of ride descriptions it's just I hate family guy with a passion..I used to love South Park when it first started what 1997-1999 then it got boring after chef was gone so I stopped watching it but I love the recent episode ''Major Boobage'' so funny! :lol:

cartman.gif-Screw,You guys I'm going home! hehe!

Yeah it sucks that Nicktoons are leaving and Scooby-Doo! Cedar Fair is really making a mess out of things besides if I wanted to see snoopy I'd take my family to cedar point.

Edited by Haunted Castle Guy

Do children not read the Sunday comics any more? If the Peanuts were no longer popular or relevant, most newspapers would have stopped syndicating the strip and moved on to the 'new, edgy comic'. Yet Peanuts has run in the papers more or less continuously since 1950. I wouldn't consider that a lack of popularity.

Nickelodeon Universe has already begun to show its age. Danny Phantom, Avatar, Lazytown, and Little Bill are never seen on the station any more. With the exceptions of Spongebob and Dora as well as Blue's Clues, which is still seen in reruns, many of the characters in that section of the park are just as obscure to 4 year olds as may of the Hanna-Barbera characters were in the early 2000's before the overhaul.

There is no doubt that Cedar Fair is a frugal, conservative company. The only reason that they acquired Peanuts was from their accusation of Knott's. It is doubtful that they would have looked for some other mascot otherwise. In terms of dark rides and themeing, they tried that once, and Dick felt that they had failed miserably. It was the roller coaster that was terrible, not the themeing, but CF wasn't happy with the outcome and was not willing to provide upkeep for Disaster Transport, and have let it degrade since 1990. They've been scared of failure ever since and haven't really given it a second shot. They are much more comfortable sticking with their stong point, adding roller coasters, than taking the time to add a few extra pieces of scenery. Unfortunately, SDHC will probably be pretty generic. But there is still hope that CF will eventually give the concept of 'theme' a second shot and make a decent dark ride. CF won't keep Scooby-Doo or Nick simply because they don't want to mess with the licensing fees.

I think that most kids won't care that the Nicktoons will be removed. The only people who seem to care seem to be those who were the ones who watched those shows only a few years ago. It'll be shrugged off, and Kings Island will continue on as it always has.

Big Dipper 80, are you not familiar with what was the Pirate ride Cedar Point? It was a dark ride, and there were others before it. Cedar Fair did not just do Disaster Transport, they actively removed dark rides from Cedar Point, from their other parks...

Dorney Park is a perfect example. They removed all of the "classic" right out of a classic park by removing their dark rides. Now it's like a watered down Knotts Berry Farm on a hillside.

You think that we will see construction updates, or get a construction tour at all? It almost seems like Planet Snoopy is still a rumor only it has been announced.

Interpreter, the Pirate Ride, as well as the long gone Earthquake ride (which was my favorite of the two) were brought in from the failed Freedomland park that used to be in NYC. CF had nothing to do with them as far as it being something they put together themselves originally. As cheesy as the Pirate ride had become just prior to it being removed it still was a decent ride.

Disaster Transport really wasn't that bad when it first opened in 1990 but it was just a retrofit of the old Avalanche Run. If it would have been a brand new, stand alone attraction or even if they took the Pirate Ride and remodeled it into a new attraction like what KECO did with Smurf's Enchanted Voyage to Phantom Theater I think CF would have done it differently.