Sign in to follow this  
Asa

Planet Snoopy- New in 2010

I'm very sad Scooby and Nick are leaving, but I'm excited to see the area changed to Peanuts-themed. I'll make sure to go to Nick Universe one more time before Planet Snoopy comes in though.

So pardon my ignorance... Will SpongeBob 3D be leaving for next season? I know that that contract is separately licensed by iWerks, but Scooby is licensed by Sally Corp, and that doesn't seem to be making a difference...

Edited by GoodYellowKoRn182

^I wonder the same thing. If Cincinnati Zoo is also able to have SpongeBob 3D, I'd think that Kings Island is too. However, will they? Or will they just remove it like all the other Nickelodeon stuff? Half of that building has already been transformed into Urgent Scare...

^I have not heard an answer to this either...but remember at the biginning of the season it wasn't open...and didn't appear to be opening this year, then the park seemed to have a change of heart. (I can't remember for sure, but I think the 3D Theater was even pulled off of the on-line map early on.)

As much as I liked Nick in the parks, if they are leaving in Nick U, then they might as well leave the rest of the park. I feel like I've seen SBSP3D way too many times lol

so in that article/video they pretty much said that cedar fair did not care what people want they just had a deal with the peanuts and that is what kings island is getting if customers like it or not.

so according to them......dont waste your money. ;)

I (obviously) liked how the article was written...I bet Cedar Fair does not appreciate it though.

i LOVE your picture! it made my day!

Here is the news artical (sense they do not usually stay on the site that long

If you have a young child in your family...You'll want to know about some big changes coming to Kings Island next season.

Dora the Explorer and friends will be saying "adios" this coming spring to Ohio. Kings island will be ending its relationship with Dora, Sponge Bob, Avatar, and the rest of the Nickelodeon Network.

Nick Universe to get Makeover

Its Nick Universe has been a hit with the young set for most of the past decade. It especially appeals to underprivileged and disabled youngsters for whom the park rolls out the red carpet.

But instead of hugging Nick characters, kids next year will get to hug Snoopy and the gang.

Kings Island has signed a deal with Peanuts.... and will be renaming its kids attractions with Linus, Charlie Brown, and Snoopy themes.

Do todays Kids like Peanuts?

What kids would like to see really wasn't a factor. Kings Island's parent, Cedar Fair, has a deal with Peanuts...With a "Camp Snoopy" area at Cedar Point in Sandusky.

It's all about economics: Since paramount sold the park, Paramount names have been gradually disappearing.... and now, as Dora likes to say, the Nick characters will saying "vamanos."

Will young kids still like the park? Most probably will. Remember 15 years ago, the kids zone was Hannah Barbara Land... and no complained that Fred Flintstone was outdated.

The rides will be roughly the same....just with new names, just like Top Gun, the Italian Job, and the outer limits in the main park have been renamed since the Paramount sale. The lines on those lines are just as long as before.

As always, don't waste your money. I'm John Matarese.

Edited by Asa

so in that article/video they pretty much said that cedar fair did not care what people want they just had a deal with the peanuts and that is what kings island is getting if customers like it or not.

I wouldn't exactly joke about that it. It seems to be the mindset of that company the past few years.

Honestly if they would have done extensive in-park guest surveys they would have known that Nick was huge for KI but in the real world they would have have just blown them off and did the change to Peanuts anyway.

Not to stir the pot or to change the topic too much but I'm sure many of you first looked at CF owning KI as being a great thing. After years of getting what appeared to be mediocre attractions from Paramount KI was finally going to get some big rides. You've got the big rides now with Firehawk and Diamondback but you're also seeing a good chunk of what made KI special start to go away. I see a sterile looking Kings Island in the future.

I was never happy about Cedar Fair's ownership, personally. I saw the de-atmosphere-ization of Six Flags: Worlds of Adventure as it was literally turned into generic, sterile, corporate crap overnight. Truly. They had the same issue then that I knew Kings Island would have. Cedar Fair is an amusement park owner, and has no business buying theme parks unless they intend to actually care for the theme.

They could easily have made a generic but cool superhero for Six Flags' whole Gotham City section. They didn't. They could've brought in some sort of lovable cartoon characters to Loony Toons BoomTown. They made it KidWorkz, not even wasting enough time to make it Peanuts...

Big Change Coming to Kings Island Next Year

http://www.wcpo.com/content/news/localshow...ivN5I5ck-A.cspx

That was honestly a horribly written news article. They didn't research properly (they still identified Flight of Fear as "Outer Limits"), the writing itself failed (notice how it said Dora would be saying adios or vamos twice), and it just wasn't that interesting a read. Just my opinion though.

^^

Yes. While I agree with what it says, the writing comes off as unprofessional. There's more than one error in grammar that I saw. Too bad really... The first article I've seen to not take a "safe, impartial" stance and it comes off as... Un-scholarly.

^How credible is the website if they're making simple mistakes and grammar errors in that article? How do I know the rest of the website isn't the same way? A mistake here-and-there is acceptable occasional (we're all humans), but that article was just horrible...

I wouldn't exactly joke about that it. It seems to be the mindset of that company the past few years.

Honestly if they would have done extensive in-park guest surveys they would have known that Nick was huge for KI but in the real world they would have have just blown them off and did the change to Peanuts anyway.

Not to stir the pot or to change the topic too much but I'm sure many of you first looked at CF owning KI as being a great thing. After years of getting what appeared to be mediocre attractions from Paramount KI was finally going to get some big rides. You've got the big rides now with Firehawk and Diamondback but you're also seeing a good chunk of what made KI special start to go away. I see a sterile looking Kings Island in the future.

Like GoodYellowKoRn182 I was never happy about Cedar Fair getting ahold of Kings Island and the chain.I knew Cedar Fair would place generic themes around the park look at Tomb Raider:The Ride it used to pack a punch now it's not even a flick of the finger it's so boring now and sadly I skip it altogether again I will miss Nickelodeon Universe and Scooby-Doo, whom I will miss moreso.The Haunted Castle was so much fun to ride with your family even more so when the kids in your family are scooby-doo diehards.

The "article" is not really an article actually...it is more of a paraphrasing transcript of what was on the news channel...it appears someone just listens to the broadcast and trys to type up what was said so that it still comes across clear in print. (You can watch the TV version in the upper right-hand corner.

I STILL like that the station did not give a glowing review to the change. :)

Ok, I have sat back and watched you guys trash Cedar Fair this whole time. I guess the saying "You can't please everyone" is more true than I realized.

Cedar Fair is doing a much, MUCH better job of theming and keeping up with their rides and attractions in just the last few years than they have in years past. I understand that the perception of Cedar Fair is that they couldn't give a crap how well something is themed or kept up but if you just look back in the recent past you can see they are trying harder. Maverick, Diamondback, The new additions to Carrowinds and Kings Dominion and heck even Top Thrill were all given good themes that obviously are going to be well kept or have been well kept. Even Cedar Point's new water ride for next year is getting a solid theme.

Now just because most of us on this forum grew up with Nick characters and knew them better than the Peanuts gang does not mean this is a bad move. To be honest I am very happy about it. I think the Peanuts characters are very smooth and classic and will be able to stay around longer than the Nick characters whom all seem to get replaced every few years for new shows etc.

Now maybe we should all take a step back and see how this new kids theme turns out before we blast it to heck. I mean the Peanuts gang seems to work just fine for Cedar Point.

Ryan

Ok, I have sat back and watched you guys trash Cedar Fair this whole time. I guess the saying "You can't please everyone" is more true than I realized.

Cedar Fair is doing a much, MUCH better job of theming and keeping up with their rides and attractions in just the last few years than they have in years past. I understand that the perception of Cedar Fair is that they couldn't give a crap how well something is themed or kept up but if you just look back in the recent past you can see they are trying harder. Maverick, Diamondback, The new additions to Carrowinds and Kings Dominion and heck even Top Thrill were all given good themes that obviously are going to be well kept or have been well kept. Even Cedar Point's new water ride for next year is getting a solid theme.

Now just because most of us on this forum grew up with Nick characters and knew them better than the Peanuts gang does not mean this is a bad move. To be honest I am very happy about it. I think the Peanuts characters are very smooth and classic and will be able to stay around longer than the Nick characters whom all seem to get replaced every few years for new shows etc.

Now maybe we should all take a step back and see how this new kids theme turns out before we blast it to heck. I mean the Peanuts gang seems to work just fine for Cedar Point.

Ryan

It's not the Nick Characters that's bothering me it's the fact they are getting rid of Scooby-Doo whom little kids adore and can relate to they could have kept scooby and placed him on International Street but they are getting rid of him for money reasons.

I'm peeved as a scooby-doo fan and most importantly I have kids in my family that are Scooby-Doo Diehards.

Yeah I will agree 100% with what you said about ''Peanuts'' I love Snoopy and yeah they are timelesss who ever says peanuts are ''old and stale'' needs to get out more I seen Snoopy Band-aids at walmart and Snoopy Shirts at hot topic also seen Snoopy Halloween stuff at walmart as well ...and as for the themes I grew up the 80s at KI and went to the park all throughout the 90's aswell and the themes at KI then are more so impressive than whats at the park now.. but I'm hoping it will get better starting with Planet Snoopy.

Edited by Haunted Castle Guy

I can agree that it is saddening that they are getting rid of Scooby Doo. I admit I will be missing him as I was and am a big Scooby fan. I think they will put something nice in his place though. Maybe they will bring back Phantom Theatre?

Ryan