Sign in to follow this  
Asa

Planet Snoopy- New in 2010

It's a shame that they couldn't have gradually incorporated the Peanuts into the parks. Paramount didn't give the boot to HB when they begun adding the Nick characters. As unusual as it would have been to see Charlie Brown standing next to Spongebob or Lucy next to Dora at least they would have had some presence in the park prior to just coming in and making a drastic change to NU. Maybe had a Peanuts meet-n-greet during the off times when the Nick characters weren't around.

I just hope they don't do a half-a$$ed job like what they did at Geauga Lake when they turned Looney Tunes Boomtown into Kidworks.

Yes, but without Cedar Fair we wouldn't have Diamondback, Firehawk, probably would have lost Flight of Fear, and wouldn't have recieved the new, exciting line of shows. There are two sides to this and in my opinion, Cedar Fair is a much better company to own Kings Island.

I agree with you, and Cedar Fair is making Kings Island as it was when it opened in '72' more original and more magical the biggest thing Cedar fair brings is the guest happiness CF cares more about there guest experience and as a employee the most important thing is our guests,

do you know our philosophy

Safety-Service-Courtesy-Cleanliness

INTEGRITY

Or as we call it the Cornerstones of Integrity

I don't know what Paramount's was but probably was

If you Don't make us money your fired..

Today if you don't MAKE OUR GUEST EXPERIENCE THE BEST,SORRY YOU GOTTA GO...

The guests are the most important and thats why I love Cedar Fair..Paramount cared less about the guests and more about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Guests are our highest Priority Here at Cedar Fair's Kings Island!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hmmm.... Kings Island has removed ALL of the links. Mabey snoopy isn't coming? All of the parks have announced the re-theme, so its not like KI announced it too early.... Well just have to wait and see what happens....

right... in all reality, this is all just a huge pr disaster for kings island. They obviously didnt want this info out YET. they want to wait until the opportuned time (i would guess after the initial season pass sales, or something along those lines...) It will happen, its now just a matter of when they will officially announce it...

I am very disappointed about KI getting Planet Snoopy. Barely any children know who the peanuts are and the ones that do don't care for them. I mean with the peanuts names will be so difficult to choose since it is one show as to Nickelodeon Universe there are many different shows. Overall I believe KI is no longer going to have the best kids area.

To be honest, I've never heard of Cedar Fair building a dark ride. In fact, they closed dark rides at (to my knowledge) Dorney and Cedar Point immediately after coming into ownership of them. Meanwhile, the only remaining dark rides at Cedar Fair parks (ignoring the Scoobys) are limited to the Calico Mines & Log Flume at Knott's, The Crypt at Kings Island, and Disaster Transport at Cedar Point (I would count DT and not Flight of Fear, etc. because DT actually has specific scenes and sets that it passes through). And Cedar Fair didn't build any of them (except DT, but I doubt they're proud of it). Would they call an outside company to build one? I doubt they'd go through all that, even.

Yes, but they could hire a private company to design a dark ride for them...

I doubt they would and would hope they would leave ''Scooby-Doo and The Haunted Castle'' alone.I'm all for Snoopy coming and I find it kinda funny they are denying ''Planet Snoopy'' coming to Kings Island.

-Sadly Someone got fired for that leaked info.

EDIT*** I was looking at Kings Island's website and it states Scooby-Doo and The Haunted Castle is located in Nickelodeon Universe?!?! Wasn't Scooby's Haunted Castle located on International Street? Because the rights for scooby-doo state not to allow him to mingle with other non-hb characters.

Edited by Haunted Castle Guy

I doubt they would and would hope they would leave ''Scooby-Doo and The Haunted Castle'' alone.I'm all for Snoopy coming and I find it kinda funny they are denying ''Planet Snoopy'' coming to Kings Island.

-Sadly Someone got fired for that leaked info.

EDIT*** I was looking at Kings Island's website and it states Scooby-Doo and The Haunted Castle is located in Nickelodeon Universe?!?! Wasn't Scooby's Haunted Castle located on International Street? Because the rights for scooby-doo state not to allow him to mingle with other non-hb characters.

I highly highly doubt that someone got fired for "the leak." The only people who actually took notice or cared in any way are Kings Island enthusiasts. It's not like it caused some sort of riot. It was quietly removed to either be released at a later time or revised. I don't think that management personally went up to the web manager and slapped him or her across the face.

I also don't think anyone's denying Snoopy coming to Kings Island. No one representing the park has released anything about Snoopy (except your own little bite-sized hints, which I regretfully cannot label as 'official' ;)). There was the issue with the website which is still being debated as to whether or not it was legitimate to begin with. I believe personally that something is up with Snoopy at Kings Island. I don't think Nick is staying, but I'm not sure a Planet Snoopy is what we're getting until something official is actually released. All we've had were obscure logos which lacked the parks name, an "accidental" press release whose legitimacy is still debated, and you saying Snoopy is coming. I think Snoopy is coming, but I don't claim to know it until it's released.

And yeah, technically, Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle is on International Street. I don't think it's so much a legal issue as a cosmetic one. Scooby Doo just isn't owned by Nickelodeon. I doubt that Nickelodeon is infuriated by the website goof, and it does make sense that parents be aware of what's in the children's area in general, as that's where they'll be spending a good portion of their day.

LOL Korn dude I like you ..you make me laugh... The fired comment was geared at what SCREAMSCAPE said..

2010 - Planet Snoopy - Confirmed - (8/30/09) Apparently Kings Island is in denial over the leaked confirmation on their website that Planet Snoopy is on the way for 2010, as they have since deleted any mention of it on the site. Oops... sounds like they may be hiring a new webmaster soon... but the cats already out of the bag, so just fess up already. Oh by the way... with Nick on the way out, can we just go back to calling the kiddie wooden coaster Beastie once again? The Fairly Odd Coaster name blows...

The thing is I known Cedar Fair went to viacom to renew the rights for Nickelodeon but like I've been saying viacom wanted much more ca$h.

The thing is I known Cedar Fair went to viacom to renew the rights for Nickelodeon but like I've been saying viacom wanted much more ca$h.

Which makes sense, since the returns which might be earned from using the licensing doesn't end up right back in their pocket anymore. When it was Paramount, every cent that the Nick name made went right back to Viacom. Now they'd need to make up that lost revenue somehow. It's obvious that Nick would leave soon, since it technically is as much Paramount-related as Tomb Raider or Top Gun.

More info sadly Scooby-Doo is down as leaving Kings Island after 2009...

Move over, SpongeBob and Dora. Make way for Snoopy. North America's third-largest amusement parks chain says it's putting Charlie Brown, Snoopy and other Peanuts characters into five more of its parks next year.

The Peanuts gang will replace the Nickelodeon characters and themed rides at Canada's Wonderland near Toronto and Kings Island near Cincinnati. They'll also be added at Kings Dominion in Doswell, Va., Carowinds in Charlotte, N.C., and Great America near San Francisco.

Ohio-based Cedar Fair Entertainment Co. says its contract with Nickelodeon was up and it has had success with the Peanuts characters in its other parks around the country.

The company operates 11 amusement parks, seven water parks and five hotels.

Snoopy and The Peanuts Gang Coming in 2010?!?

Kentucky Post:Nickelodeon,Scooby Gone..Snoopy Calling Kings Island Home in 2010.

Reuters ... Cedar Fair brand all it's parks with Snoopy!

Dayton Daily News Reports: Peanuts are a go!

Peanuts more wholesome than Scooby-Doo and Nickelodeon? Yeah Riiiight!

So the Nick Contract was up...Scooby's wasn't!?!

I have a STRONG feeling that Scooby-Doo's Contract wasn't up Cedar Fair just got rid of it...I'm so angry at cedar fair .Scooby-Doo is beloved by young and old what am I gonna tell my Nephews and Nieces,cousins now when they bug me to take them to see Scooby-Doo and Spongebob? :( :pissed:

Don't get me wrong I love Snoopy always have always will but I don't think my nieces know him very well at least they could relate to scooby-doo and spongebob.

I am not going to rehash my thoughts on this whole subject...I will just say that I am sad beyond belief...losing both Nick & Scooby, it really is quite a one-two punch in the gut. :(