Sign in to follow this  
PKIDelirium

Planet Snoopy for Kings Dominion

Seems like its only a matter of time before they announce it for KI.

ok Kings Dominion gets a brand new roller coaster and a brand new kiddy land???

what the hell.

Kings Island get firehawk one year thwn nothing the next year, then the next year Diamondback.

Kings Dominion gets The Dominator, then the next two flat rides, then gets the Intimidator 305 and a new kiddyland.

I'm sorry but that makes me mad. :censored:

if you guys noticed, canada's wonderland and kings dominion both still had hanna-barbera and nick. they never just had nick. maybe they are getting rid of hanna-barbera and nick because they are both due for a make over since kings island, carowinds, and great america have just nick.

but if they do put planet snoopy at kings island, it will be a stupid decision as there is another one just 3 hours away from kings island.

Edited by signomatic46184

^Just a friendly reminder, be sure to use proper grammar and not to abbreviate words or use "AIM lingo" on KIExtreme- when you do, it's more difficult to read. Abbreviations for parks/rides (SoB, CW, ect.) are fine. Thanks :)

Thursday: Intimidator

Friday? : Planet Snooby CW

Tuesday: Planet Snooby KD

Wednesday: Carowinds new coaster

I think Kings Island will probably announce our Planet Snoopy this Friday, if we do get one. Than sometime next week Cedar Point will announce it's new attraction. And maybe attractions for Knott's CGA, DP, VF, WoF, MA?

I'm completely 100% against the Peanuts invasion, but if we have to get Peanuts, I want Peanuts. Not just Snoopy. Real Peanuts. It would only make sense that, as per Golden Ticket awards & our Nick Universe vs everyone else's Nick Central, our Peanuts area be "bigger and better" sounding. Like, everyone gets Planet Snoopy, and we get Peanuts Universe. As long as ours sounds bigger and better (which, according to patrons, it is), I won't complain as much.

Don't get me wrong, I'll still complain. But it'll be easier to swallow.

I don't see why everyone is thinking it's so unrealistic for there to be two Planet Snoopy's in Ohio... They'll still have their differences, and even if they didn't, they're still three hours apart and, for the most part, the two parks draw crowds from different areas.

R U Serious TombraiderTy!?! Since attending Kings Island since the early 80's I have seen Hanna-Barbera,The Smurfs and now maybe Nickelodeon come and go ..I just don't see kids getting pumped for Peanuts yeah I love the peanuts because I grew up with snoopy and co and yes the peanuts are timeless.But kids today most likely haven't a clue about em sure they watch those awesome holiday specials and maybe some read the comics.I know Kings Island is the only former paramount park with Nickelodeon Universe I wonder how would they change it and transform it to Snoopy.

^I said nothing about how popular Peanuts characters would be, and compared to Nickelodeon characters, I don't think as many kids will be excited about them. However, I don't see why several people think having a Peanuts-themed area would be unrealistic with Cedar Point three-hours away. That's like saying "Why have a hyper-coaster? Cedar Point has Magnum XL-200".

^^

Or like saying "Of course we shouldn't get a giga, Cedar Point is three hours away." Because a LOT of people said that when it was rumored that KD was getting a giga.

Either way, I feel like Peanuts is not Paramounts thing. Like, yeah, they're all owned by Cedar Fair now... But anyone who visited all of CF's parks would be able to easily distinguish which were originally Paramount. Easily. Even without prior hints. Peanuts belong in an unthemed park in a random section (i.e. across from Gemini, next to Silver Bullet, etc.), not in a truly THEMED park. And if we get a Peanuts area, we'll definitely get a map overhaul into the CF style, so there won't be any differenciation between the themed areas, just like what happened to KD's map and CP's. It'll be the beginning of a trend that will leave KI with the Cedar Fair mark for decades to come. :|

Just curious, what kind of financial difference is there between the Nickelodeon liscencing and the Peanuts? I'm sure Nick is more expensive, but I'm just wondering. I feel like if the difference wasn't TOO much, they'd actually be better uniting the park's under Nick... A Nickelodeon themed area at Cedar Point? That would be BOSS and draw in SO many kids. Seriously think about it.

Edited by GoodYellowKoRn182

what the hell.

Kings Island get firehawk one year thwn nothing the next year, then the next year Diamondback.

Kings Dominion gets The Dominator, then the next two flat rides, then gets the Intimidator 305 and a new kiddyland.

I'm sorry but that makes me mad.

You must also remember, however, that Kings Dominion has much more competition than Kings Island does, with Busch Gardens Europe being only an hour away. Kings Island's biggest competition is Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom and Holiday World, neither of which are near the caliber of Kings Island (although Holiday World seems to be getting close.)

what the hell.

I don't think any new rides are coming as a result of the re-branding,just name changes to the existing ones.I hope shockwave gets new paint because A: it needs it & B:it's current colors were probably chosen to match those of the nick central area.

I could see Carowinds, Kings Dominion, Canada's wonderland, and Great America switching to Snoopy Universe and then having KI stay with Nick Universe.

I just truly don't think that's realistic in any way. I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that you either pay for the Nick lisencing or you don't. There's no "per park" price. Continuing to pay the tremendous amount for one park is unlikely.

There are already rumors that Bizarro (formerly Superman: Ride of Steel) may lose the #1 back to Millennium Force in 2009 due to its bizzare transformation. I can't help but to think that Kings Island would lose #1 kid's area if Nick leaves. The undeniable fact is, kids like Dora better than Lucy, Diego better than Linus, the Fairly Odd Parents better than Snoopy.

The world's largest Snoopy themed area... What a draw. :rolleyes: I wish the park would've polled exiting families, specifically the children. Because that area is for them, and it's important what they have to say. I know asking a child seems ridiculous, but trust me, Mommy and Daddy aren't gonna drop $45 bucks a piece if Junior doesn't care one way or another if they go because his favorite Spongebob ride is now called Woodstock's Waterway. Cedar Point does it because it attracts thrill-seekers who drag their kids along. Kings Island, in many ways, is arguably a family park that just happens to draw thrill-seekers in with a couple unique rides. It NEEDS the kids to WANT to come. Or it has nothing.

^ I agree 100% with you I take my nephews and nieces,and cousins with me almost everytime I visit the Kings Island and all of them love Nickelodeon they all love Spongebob however my oldest nephew loves The Rugrats he loves snoopy too but not as much as Rugrats.

Edited by Haunted Castle Guy

Just curious, what kind of financial difference is there between the Nickelodeon liscencing and the Peanuts? I'm sure Nick is more expensive, but I'm just wondering. I feel like if the difference wasn't TOO much, they'd actually be better uniting the park's under Nick... A Nickelodeon themed area at Cedar Point? That would be BOSS and draw in SO many kids. Seriously think about it.

But that would be unrealistic too since there is a Nickelodeon theme area 3 hours away from Cedar Point.

A Nickelodeon themed area at Cedar Point? That would be BOSS and draw in SO many kids. Seriously think about it.

But that would be unrealistic too since there is a Nickelodeon theme area 3 hours away from Cedar Point.

^^ :huh: Well, Kings Island will likely get a Snoopy area even with one three hours away... The fact is, the two parks draw from different urban areas, and the people who DO go to both regularly would be unlikely to say 'They BOTH have Peanuts?! Well then I'm not going to EITHER!"

^Agreed- it is NOT unrealistic for both Cedar Point and Kings Island to have the same theme for their kids' area(s). As stated earlier, saying that's unrealistic is like saying KI doesn't need Diamondback cause there's a hyper-coaster already at CP.

what the hell.

From what I'm understanding, KD is not getting any actually new rides at this moment. They will simply be re-themed.

Well, keep in mind we are the only park of the former paramount chain to have the only Nickelodeon Universe the other parks had Nickelodeon Central and Kidsville.

I'm sure we will see Snoopy & Co. it's just a matter of when .. remember I've been hinting at it for a while. :P