Sign in to follow this  
FF EKU dawg 4 life

Ohio State Fair at Cincinnati Mall

25 rides is pretty impressive for something like that. Just an FYI the Ferris Wheel that will be there is not AoA's Chance Giant Wheel from the OHSF, it's a large 42-gondola Bussink model. It's the tallest portable wheel and the cars are enclosed and air conditioned.

That is a pretty big Ferris Wheel. Looks like a good wind could blow it over into the electric lines. Doubt it could actualy reach the electric lines, but from the exit ramp it looks as if it could. It runs today (Weds) through Sunday the 16th.

Edited by SSR1966

8-14-09K.jpg

This is now my newest "scariest ride I've ever rode on."

8-14-09Y.jpg

Extreme Adrenaline spun so fast that my legs and feet went numb and it was at least 25 minutes before I could walk comfortably again. It was a trip and a half!

Thanks Ty, it was a lot of fun. My night at the carnival has totally sold me on the idea of Kings Island needing more flat rides. The Banzai, Fire Ball and Extreme Adrenalin were just as scary and fun as any of the 'epic' sized rides at Kings Island. I remember Kings Island having a Ferris Wheel back in the 80's, but I don't think it was as big as this one and the Zodiac was too far back in the corner. The Zodiac should have been put somewhere in the middle of things, where there was something to see besides the back of Coney Mall and a whole lot of woods. A Ferris Wheel would be nice because it offers a relaxing view and it's something for people to ride who aren't looking for thrills. Maybe Kings Island needs a few more rides that aren't thrill rides to attract a different demographic. With the loss of such rides as the Antique Cars, Sky Ride, Dutch shoes, Bavarian Curve, Tumble Bug and so forth, there isn't much left to ride for people who aren't looking for the next ultimate thrill.

Here are a few more pictures of the carnival.

8-13-09B.jpg

Thursday night at the Carnival

8-14-09L.jpg

Ferris Wheel for the kids.

8-14-09M.jpg

Dodge Cars

8-14-09S.jpg

MTV themed Fun House. Except for the MTV theme, this fun house was just like the one Danny and Sandy sing and dance in at the end of the film, "Grease."

8-14-09W.jpg

Fire Ball is sort of like Delirium, except smaller, the seats face inwards instead of out, and it spins incredibly fast.

8-14-09X.jpg

The Mardi Gras fun house was no where near as interesting as the MTV fun house, but the most lame was a SpongeBob Squarepants fun house. I would have felt ripped off if I had wasted tickets on SpongeBob instead of having the 'all you can ride' stamp.

^Regarding the Ferris Wheel, Kings Island has actually had two:

KI_1975_14.jpg

"Zodiac", a double-armed Ferris Wheel at the end of Coney Mall, opened in 1975 and closed at the end of 1989.

And "Ferris Wheel", a standard Ferris Wheel in Oktoberfest that opened in 1982 and closed at the end of 1990. For some odd reason, nobody seems to have wanted to take any photos of it...

But Kings Island could do with another Ferris Wheel, they're classic attractions that parks shouldn't be without.