TheSkipper

Son of Beast Closed for Rest of 2009- Maybe Forever

If it were simply ready to be torn down, I feel it's unlikely that they'd take the trains off right now. To bulldoze the thing, they'd likely just leave it standing until winter or spring... The fact of the matter is, they could probably tear it down and haul it out in a matter of months. They wouldn't really need to start right now. I don't think they've got the wrecking ball hired for the first day after the park closes for the season. So I imagine they're at least having a consultant come in to LOOK at the structure and assess the situation.

I saw the Red and Blue Son of Beast trains in the gravel area just near the station on the ground.

...thus begins the Cedar Fair Ride Rotation program.

:lol:

Somehow, I knew The Voyage would get brought up.

I would like to say that I wrote that and it is totally opinionated. From what I experienced when I rode both Son of Beast and The Voyage, I found The Voyage to be much smoother than Son of Beast. I never stated that I didn't enjoy The Voyage, I just stated that I found it to be smoother than a wooden roller coaster should be. The Voyage is easily in my top ten, don't get me wrong, but when comparing The Voyage to Son of Beast, it (in my opinion) feels like a steel roller coaster.

Edited by ahank

To say The Voyage is a smooth coaster is to strain credulity. Among the many reasons it is getting a train changeout this coming season is the amount of maintenance the track requires with the PTC trains in order to keep the ride even passably smooth for the average rider.

Edited by The Interpreter

I totally understand where you are coming from. I should probably rephrase the blog post to say 'compared to Son of Beast, The Voyage feels smooth.' In no way was I trying to imply that The Voyage is a smooth coaster, as it is not. But, in my opinion, when comparing the smoothness of Son of Beast and The Voyage, The Voyage is much smoother.

I had to laugh when I read the review of KIC in that article... Especially the part about the message board.

As long as you remember that all posts on there are simply how I see things, then I'm cool with that!