TheSkipper

Son of Beast Closed for Rest of 2009- Maybe Forever

i would certainly hope so. although i could see them just getting two simply because they dont want to invest in something that could well be useless after a short amount of time.

They would probably only get 2 Trains. It used to have 3, but I don't think they actually ever used all 3 at the same time, and if they did ever than they only did it on certain occasions. They should run 3, One in the station, One on the lift or in the circuit (pre MCBR), and the last on the brake run or in the circuit (after MCBR.)

Well technically they don't have enough block brakes for three trains to run. Once the train that rests on the lift passes the MCBR the 2nd one in the station leaves, but that 1st train technically had another train on the final brakes.

Can't believe its not open yet!! Someone actually died on Firehawk but they reopen that very very quickly, SOB been cleared but still closed, boooooooo. Reopen the ride already!!!

Edited by kevdude

I thought it used to run 3 trains all of the time. I may be remembering wrong since that was a while ago, or I could have just been there on a busy day so they were using 3.

I don't remember them actually running three trains other than one time, but usually you'd sit on the final brakes for quite some time. So I guess the COULD run three trains, it's just the block brakes aren't correct.

I've had walk on Beast,SoB,Vortex it all depends on what days you go.And I've seen them running three trains before it was 4th of July Weekend 2001 and in 2002,2003 & 2004...

For some reason it's done when the park expects high volume of people like holidays but here lately since CF got ahold of the park I haven't seen three trains running in a while the last I seen it was in 2004.

This Topic has been Edited by -Haunted Castle Guy-

Edited by Haunted Castle Guy

They should just do it all the time so even one the less busy days, you don't have to wait in line an equal amount of time.

Ravine Flyer II was only running one train when I went because it wasn't busy. The line could've MOVED faster had they just used both trains. I don't know why they wouldn't.

I'm talking about the SoB running three trains on summer holidays what are you talking about TombRaiderTy!?! Yeah they've tested with three trains without guests but I have seen them do it with guests and it was July 4th 2001 weekend I remember it plain as day and I do remember them running three trains.

^I have never heard of them running all three trains with guests, and if they ever did, I am doubtful it was beyond 2000 or 2001. Unless I'm mistaken, they had two trains on the track every year, the third one off-track, getting rebuilt. The trains switched places, meaning each train would run for two years before getting a year off. I'm pretty positive you're mistaken about seeing three trains.

Nobody can say that Hauntedcastleguy is wrong, was you there in 2001 on July 4th? It wasn't that long ago... If your age is correct you would have been 7, a little young to remember if they was not running 3 trains if you was there Tombraiderty...

^From what I've heard...

Son of Beast originally had three trains manufactured. However, during testing, it was discovered that running only two trains was quicker than three. This is the reason that one train was off every year. If running three trains was slower, why would they do it on a more crowded day?

And just to say, I actually was there on July 4, 2002, and if memory serves me right, 2003 as well. I've visited the park for the "Nights of Fire" display almost every year, meaning I normally spent the day at the park too. Three trains never cross my memory, although I was tall enough to ride at those times.

wow, they removed the bins! now that tells you something. even though it is just a metal bin, if they are moving things to a ride, they probably dont plan to move them back. did delirium always have bins? i never ride it enough to notice. also, something random i noticed is that in the thrill seekers shop right between sob and drop zone they have a machine which flattens pennies into designs, and it has the sob logo as one of them still. i got one. its pretty much the only other mention of the ride now, other than the scrolling signs in the front and the fear the four cups and merchandise.

interesting. makes sense though, as so many people go on delirium each cycle it could use some extra bins. i think its funny they just left the red and blue stickers, though... pretty soon you will have guests saying that they change out the gondola every so often and that the blue side is way better than the other two... lol!

Usually I believe in petitions for smaller things. Example, improving the Crypt... etc. But when it comes to a ride which WILL require multi-million dollar enhancements or improvements to stay alive, has broken two necks, and busted one blood vessel in the brain... I bet if each petition signer agreed to pay the park $10,000, they'd accept the petition. I just don't know about something like this. Like, I gladly sign and spread word of Big Bad Wolf petitions because it's a perfectly legitimate ride that's just going on in years... But when SoB is closed for doing damage to humans and being (admittedly) unable to satisfy the park's original needs, it's a horse of a different color.

Like, signing a BBW petition is saying "keep it open and I promise to visit the park and ride it because I really care about this ride and it's still a fantastic ride and worth an increase in ticket prices." Signing a SoB petition would be like saying "keep it open and I promise it won't snap any more necks." And that's just too hard to know for sure. Hahha. I'll sign any SAVESOB petitions, but I doubt they'll help.

Also, that could be a viral marketing thing... SAVESOB. Save-sob. It could be all over t-shirts. A white t-shirt with SAVESOB in huge red letters. Let's do it! Hahah.(All six of us, that is.) **Edits signature** haha.

Edited by GoodYellowKoRn182