Sign in to follow this  
Jstbcool

Cedar Point 2010?

The emphasis on wheels make me think they're trying to mislead people away from a water ride. So it could be an Aquatrax. Because, of course, Aquatrax have wheels, but that would throw of the casual observer.

I very much feel that we're all in agreement that we're being tossed clues from several different directions. It's as if we're being psychologically interregated! :P A wooden coaster would fit nicely within that particular area however for some reason I can't see Cedar Point going "Terminator Salvation." If they were to build a wooden coaster it would have to contain elements which have never been utilized before, right?

Well CP's twitter confirmed no B&M at CP next year. Not that a B&M had been rumored, but still confirmation. Come on intamin and GCI.

cedarpoint Definitely NOT taking the Beemer out for a spin today. Or next year for that matter. #fb

That could be a way to read it as well. I know a lot of people on here don't like Mantis, but whenever I am at CP it always seems to have a long line. I personally like it, but maybe its because i grew up riding a standup so the restraint doesnt bother me as much as it does other people.

I've done Mantis twice and didn't care to it either of those times- it puts too many g's on the legs, which ends up hurting them, and its location results in a splatter of bugs on your clothes and face after every ride. I've always wondered if it'd be more enjoyable (and faster loading) if the trains were converted to floorless trains, however...

I don't think that its referring to Mantis' removal. I haven't heard any rumors about it leaving at all, so I don't think they're saying its leaving. I think they are more confirming that the new ride won't be B&M - which it never really was rumored to be (but you never know).

Edited by DiSab

That could be a way to read it as well. I know a lot of people on here don't like Mantis, but whenever I am at CP it always seems to have a long line. I personally like it, but maybe its because i grew up riding a standup so the restraint doesnt bother me as much as it does other people.

I agree. ;) I've personally never had a negative experience riding Mantis. In fact, I've always found the ride to be rather smoothe myself. I can't fathom CP retiring Mantis anytime soon. The Mean Streak however............... :rolleyes: Need I say more? :P

^They may have done a little work on re-tracking, but a complete overhaul (like on the scale of Thunder Road at Carowinds) - no, not that I'm aware of. It was rumored that GCI was going to do extensive work on MS last off-season, but nothing came of the rumors.

^They may have done a little work on re-tracking, but a complete overhaul (like on the scale of Thunder Road at Carowinds) - no, not that I'm aware of. It was rumored that GCI was going to do extensive work on MS last off-season, but nothing came of the rumors.

I sure wish those rumors would become a reality! ;) Why not be rid of Mean Streak and rebuild from scratch? "And through these ashes the world's most amazing GCI woodie is born."

Edited by Kira Pharaoh

cedarpoint Aquatrax??? Not in 2010...

So Intamin log flume or a wooden coaster will be new at the point next year.

Why does it have to be Intamin. To be honest I would love to see a Mack log flume ride at the Point.

Ryan

It doesn't have to be intamin, but they've hinted at and not eliminated Intamin and GCI for their new ride. I stilll believe it will be an Intamin log flume ride, but they did hint at GCI as well.

I was bored earlier and on www.whytelightning.com and I decided to add extra words to the link and see if a page came up. I would try things such as www.whytelightning.com/photos and it would say "Page not found." Than I tried www.whytelightning.com/stats and it asked for a password. So that means there is actually a working webpage of the statistics for Whyte Lightning but you need a password to access it since it hasn't been announced yet. Just thought it was kinda cool so I posted it.

So it's not Togo (big surprise), not GCI, not B&M (assuming you take the 'not taking the Beemer out for a ride' tweet as I do), and at least not an Aquatrax by Intamin. This is getting interesting- who else does this leave as possible designers? At least Premier, S&S, Vekoma, Gravity Group, Maurer Sohne, Gerstlauer, or the lots-smaller designers, assuming I didn't forget anyone.

To throw my two cents in... I really hope it's not a spinning coaster. The one I've experienced (a Gerstlauer) was fun, sure, but it just felt like spinning cars are the new standups- a gimmick that'll be cool to have for 5-10 years and then die out. I'm rooting for a woodie, but I'm not getting my hopes up. It'd just be pretty dang sweet to have a Gravity Group ride a little closer than the four hours it takes to get to Holiday World from here. (CP's 3 away, but geez, that's pretty long as it stands.)

So I dunno... I'll most likely love whatever it is they put in, and I'll be glad they put it in, even if it ends up being a spinning coaster. I just have my 'druthers like anyone else. :)

EDIT: Oh, and a non-Aquatrax Intamin, of course. I forgot that one.

Edited by TombRaiderFTW

Check out this photo from 2007 I took! Perhaps CP purposely put the name there.

cpwhite.png

The photo is taken along the train very close to MF island and the water.

So I know a lot of people including myself have said Intamin flume, however, according to screamscape it was said at Maverick's ERT a few nights ago that it would be a family friendly ride and you wouldn't get wet. I'm pretty well done speculating at this point because I am really lost. Obviously it is going to be near MF (hence the logo on the bottle and the picture above) and cross over to the island. Beyond that I have no idea.

So CP is Getting Whyte Lightning and not Carowinds, it seems. Well, if that's true it puts more clot to the rumor that Carowinds will be getting an Intimidator-themed coaster as well as KD. Very interesting.

And that is a dog on the bottle - probably drunk off the Whyte Lightning. :lol: And I really want one of those WL bottles...

CP's Facebook: "Two down...one to go."

Maybe means Two Down, as in the two woodies at the park (Blue Streak and Mean Streak) than the one to go is the new for 2010 woodie? Maybe it will also have a "Streak" theme?

I believe that's in reference to announcements for the 2010 season. An earlier tweet had said something along the lines of KD:1, C:2, CP:3. In other words, Kings Dominion announced their ride first, then Carowinds, and now Cedar Point. Two down, one to go.

I believe that's in reference to announcements for the 2010 season. An earlier tweet had said something along the lines of KD:1, C:2, CP:3. In other words, Kings Dominion announced their ride first, then Carowinds, and now Cedar Point. Two down, one to go.

Duh! I don't see how I didn't realize that... I feel really dumb now.

From Cedar Point's Twitter:

09.03.09 09:10. All will be revealed

Also, no one's making a fuss about it, so maybe you didn't see what Maverick fanatic posted, so here's

again. It's legit.

So on September 3rd, hopefully, I'll be the one to post the new ride at Cedar Point topic. After all, I was the first to post about the two Intimidators and the new Haunt this year just sayin'!! Hahha. :P

Sucks it's on a "Silver Day" at my school, so I have no classes where I'll be on a computer. I do have study hall on that day, and I could get a pass to the computer lab and look at it hopefully. So far this year it seems like almost once a week I'm on the schools computers seeing a brand new coaster, or a new waterslide (HW's Wildebeeste.) Anyways, I'm thinking it's going to be a woodie.

^^I saw the video of the Whyte Lightning promotional box. Hasn't really helped me figure anything else out. Only thing it really confirmed was the definite name and that it will be using MF island. Also somewhere CP said something about the feud going on up river leaving me to believe it will be a water ride of some sort. We'll know for sure Thursday!