Sign in to follow this  
kjkjkj

kjkjkj's RCT3 Kings Island recreation

So, Ashers and I started working on this project this past off season. It's no where near completion, and we haven't worked on it since the winter, but I thought I'd share it.

Some things to keep in mind:

These pictures are older. I transferred the recreation from my Desktop PC to Ashley's laptop. So we just worked on it from her laptop. Since she had her laptop at work today, I had to load the old version of the recreation, I left on my Desktop compter, when I took these screen shots. So a lot has changed since this version of the recreation. Stations were added to all the rides, buildings were spruced up. More planters were added. More buildings were added. Construction of The Beast was started. The right side of I-Street is completed. So, you won't see any of that stuff in the screenshots I'm showing you! Oh yeah and since these were taken, about 1,000,000,000,000 more trees were added as well as terraforming!

Also, we just did this for fun, I never planned on releasing pictures to KIC, but I was bored so I decided to anyway. The rides aren't DEAD ON. some of the layouts and placements are off a bit. I still think you guys will enoy it though.

Front Entrance Area

Shot0119.jpg

Front of the fountains

Shot0120.jpg

Fountains

Shot0121.jpg

I-Street buildings

Shot0122.jpg

Shot0123.jpg

Shot0124.jpg

Shot0125.jpg

Shot0126.jpg

Hot Island Rythms!

Shot0127.jpg

E-Tower

Shot0128.jpg

Shot0129.jpg

Shot0130.jpg

Tower Gardens

Shot0131.jpg

Airbrush

Shot0132.jpg

Outer Hanks

Shot0133.jpg

Shot0134.jpg

Basketball game

Shot0135.jpg

The Racer

Shot0136.jpg

Shot0137.jpg

Coney Mall

Shot0138.jpg

Shot0139.jpg

Shot0140.jpg

X-Base

Shot0141.jpg

Shot0142.jpg

Firehwk with no trees, terraforming, or station.

Shot0143.jpg

FX Theater

Shot0144.jpg

Jukebox Diner

Shot0145.jpg

Early version of Vortex's station

Shot0146.jpg

Jukebox Diner Patio, and Early Vortex Station

Shot0147.jpg

No trees and not terraformin Vortex

Shot0148.jpg

3-Point Shootout

Shot0149.jpg

Very un-themed version of Backlot (this too has changed. It is currently themed)

Shot0150.jpg

Back of Skyline and Scrambler, complete with patio

Shot0151.jpg

Carousel

Shot0152.jpg

AE with no theming except tunnels, and no staion (it currently has the covered queue, and some theming

Shot0153.jpg

Shot0154.jpg

SLINGSHOT (The best substitute for it anyway)

Shot0155.jpg

Delirium

Shot0156.jpg

Festhaus

Shot0157.jpg

Kings Island Theater

Shot0158.jpg

Action Zone

Shot0159.jpg

Stunt Crew Grill

Shot0160.jpg

Son of Beast

Shot0161.jpg

Shot0162.jpg

Congo Falls in the distance.

Shot0165.jpg

I can't wait until I get the time to show you guys the current version of the park! It is so much better! It has more theming, more lanscaping, more trees, more rides, more detail. Water has been put around Congo Falls. The layout's been altered a bit. These screens are pretty outdated, when comparing it to the current version of this RCT3 recreation.Stay tuned. Eventually I'll get some screens of the current version!

Cool! That's mighty impressive will you be doing the whole park?

Thank you! We plan on eventually getting the whole park done. I think it's going to be more of an off season project though. Since we'd rather be at the park in the summer, than building it in a game ;) . But yes, we do plan on finishing it probaby this coming off season.

Edited by kjkjkj

I don't blame you for wanting to be at the park during the summer well fall is right around the corner sadly...it's creeping up on us! can't wait to see more looking good so far.

Well I finally got on Ashley's laptop, to take a few updated screenshots of the park. You'll probably notice ALOT more trees. Which Ashley placed one by one, because she didn't know you could save a group of trees as a structure, and keep placing that group over and over.lol. You'll also notice some signs updated, and some more stuff!

Here's the still unfinished side of I-Street. I had a lot more done, but due to spacing issues, I had to start over on this side.

Shot0119-1.jpg

Here's International Showplace

Shot0120-1.jpg

themed Backlot Stunt Coaster

Shot0121-1.jpg

Rivertown Pizza

Shot0122-1.jpg

unfinished Beast construction

Shot0123-1.jpg

Coney Mall. Ashley did those awesome planters in the middle of the midway. They look great!

Shot0124-1.jpg

Firehawk

Shot0125-1.jpg

inside FoF's building

Shot0126-1.jpg

AShley also did the cool "games boothes" in the middle of the midway

Shot0127-1.jpg

Shot0128-1.jpg

Viking Fury and Outer Hanks in the background

Shot0129-1.jpg

Updated Vortex station

Shot0130-1.jpg

The park looks great so far IMO

Shot0131-1.jpg

Congo Falls

Shot0132-1.jpg

Timberwolf Ampitheater

Shot0133-1.jpg

• Like 1

Drop Tower and Drop Tower's queue

Shot0134-1.jpg

Flight Deck

Shot0135-1.jpg

Son of Beast's train approaching the crest of the hill

Shot0136-1.jpg

Ladder game, and Cyber Says (changes have to be made, so they're current with this season

Shot0137-1.jpg

Floral Clock

Shot0138-1.jpg

random park shot

Shot0139-1.jpg

Shot0140-1.jpg

Shot0141-1.jpg

Shot0142-1.jpg

Shot0143-1.jpg

Action Theater

Shot0144-1.jpg

Vortex and Shake Rattle and Roll (I used a tilt-a-whirl because RCT3 doesn't have Troika)

Shot0145-1.jpg

More random shots

Shot0146-1.jpg

Shot0147-1.jpg

Shot0148-1.jpg

and an overview of Sonny!

Shot0149-1.jpg

So, expect some POVs of Vortex and Backlot Stunt Coaster tomorrow, or whenever I get the chance. Constructive criticism and comments are appreciated! :D

EDIT: I took a few more screenshots than that, but they seem to have dissapeared off Ashley's computer....or never actually took?...

• Like 1

You've obviously spent a lot of time on the park and it looks very good! Some areas are a tad "eh" recreation-wise, but I realize it's incredibly hard to give detail to everything when working on a project of this size. Great job with what you've already done!

You've obviously spent a lot of time on the park and it looks very good! Some areas are a tad "eh" recreation-wise, but I realize it's incredibly hard to give detail to everything when working on a project of this size. Great job with what you've already done!

Yeah, some things will probably be redone, or revised once the park is finished. Sometimes I hat RCT because it makes it so difficult to recreate something correctly. But for a lot of the buildings and stuff, I just took the basic idea of the building, and sort of made up my own version of it. Like on the International Street building, I sort of just made up my own design for those after looking at a few pictures of the real ones. Thanks for the constructive criticism though!

Edited by kjkjkj

Hey I know you have spent a whole lot of time building the park and you have done a great job so far, better than I have but I am offer constructive criticism. I think your first helix on SOB may be the wrong direction. I know minor detail but check this out.. Either way great job dude keep rockin on

Hey I know you have spent a whole lot of time building the park and you have done a great job so far, better than I have but I am offer constructive criticism. I think your first helix on SOB may be the wrong direction. I know minor detail but check this out.. Either way great job dude keep rockin on

Never mind ignore me... I was wrong

Looks great!, The only thing I'd change would move the location of Coney Skeeball Arcade back one block. I like the custom signs like on troika and action theater.

Looks great!, The only thing I'd change would move the location of Coney Skeeball Arcade back one block. I like the custom signs like on troika and action theater.

Thanks. I'll move the arcade back next time I play. A lot of the other rides have custom signs too, you just can't see any of the other ones in the screen shots.