Sign in to follow this  
PKIDelirium

Carowinds Project 2010

The Earnhardt Sr. rumor is one that has been going around a lot. Its either going to be Intimidator and themed to #3 or white lightning. Either way Carowinds has hinted strongly at some sort of racing theme between the tire tracks on the posters and the car noises their teaser box makes. The "leaked" picture of the white lightening logo and the "lightning really does strike twice" on the teaser container makes me think it could really be white lightning. On the other hand the log at Coasterstock had a #3 on it and, according to people in attendance, the person running the event told them the log had some sort of significance. At this point I would not be surprised with either name, although I might be a little more surprised at Intimidator being themed to Earnhardt Sr. because my impression of his widow is that she tries to get every penny out of anyone who wants to use the Earnhardt name and I would be surprised if Cedar Fair would pay a lot of money just to theme one new ride.

The Earnhardt Sr. rumor is one that has been going around a lot. Its either going to be Intimidator and themed to #3 or white lightning. Either way Carowinds has hinted strongly at some sort of racing theme between the tire tracks on the posters and the car noises their teaser box makes. The "leaked" picture of the white lightening logo and the "lightning really does strike twice" on the teaser container makes me think it could really be white lightning. On the other hand the log at Coasterstock had a #3 on it and, according to people in attendance, the person running the event told them the log had some sort of significance. At this point I would not be surprised with either name, although I might be a little more surprised at Intimidator being themed to Earnhardt Sr. because my impression of his widow is that she tries to get every penny out of anyone who wants to use the Earnhardt name and I would be surprised if Cedar Fair would pay a lot of money just to theme one new ride.

I agree with you! When my source told me that the coaster ''may'' be themed to the legendary ''Dale Earnhardt Sr'' I nearly passed out in disblief I honestly still am in disblief for one your right Dale's widow Teresa is a penny pincher when I stated that fact.My souce lets call her Miss Y... She stated that Earnhardt was born in North Carolina a fact I was oblivious too she went on to give me more little clues 1# The annoucement site has a tire streak looking as if the tires have peeled out. 2# Racing sounds (?) 3# The track will be red and black so far so good..she went on to say the coaster will be called '' "The Intimidator." we shall see soon.

I guess we'll see if some black supports show up before the announcement. If it really is named "The Intimidator", then all the white lightning clues were probably just put out there to throw people off. The person who posted the picture of the "logo" posted it and then left at Carowinds Connection. They might have made a second post, but for the most part they just disappeared suggesting it could be marketing from Carowinds, or possibly a distraction from Carowinds to steer people away from the real name. Regardless of what it is called, I am excited to see how the new coaster compares to Diamondback. The land they have cleared makes it look like it could be potentially as big or bigger. I may have to make a trip out to Carowinds and KD next year.

Edited by Jstbcool

Awesome, that means TWO McDonald's coasters going into CF parks next year! Awesome!!!

I'll actually be surprised if this comes out to be a NASCAR-themed ride. I mean, I know that a race is coming to the area next year and they might try to tie it in with that, but I don't really see the point otherwise. Maybe it's a Southern thing, but I've never really understood NASCAR. Plus with the fact that it likely could go bankrupt within the next few years, and the amount of money to use the Intimidator theme, I can't really see it happening. I'm thinking they might go more with the moonshine/White Lightning theme. (The area being known for producing moonshine alcohol, sometimes called White Lightning, and the moonshine also being used as the "first" automobile-fuel performance enhancer.) Just my thoughts.

There have been yellow supports, close to Diamondback's lift support color, at the fabricators in Batavia for a while now.

that means carowinds is getting red track and yellow supports, looks to be a DB clone.

Okay just to clarify on the supports since my post caused a bit of an uproar over on Carowinds Connection...

I have not seen the yellow supports in person, or photos. It's just something I heard, and it's possible that whoever mentioned it is getting mixed up with Kings Dominion which is currently receiving yellow supports.

I was looking through some of the construction pics earlier today, and I'm starting to doubt more and more that this ride will have a water splash. So far in the main area with all the footers, I don't see anything that remotely resembles the beginnings of a splash pool. With as many footers that have been poured so far, I would think that the splash pool would have been poured by now - or at least begun prep work for the concrete. In the main area where most of the footer work is well underway, I don't see much room around for a splash pool. Its still possible one will be a part of the ride, but I'm not seeing it right now.

Just my $.02 worth. ;)

Okay just to clarify on the supports since my post caused a bit of an uproar over on Carowinds Connection...

I have not seen the yellow supports in person, or photos. It's just something I heard, and it's possible that whoever mentioned it is getting mixed up with Kings Dominion which is currently receiving yellow supports.

Ok since that was clarified, Does anyone on here live near the B&M plant that could journey over and snap a couple of pics? Much would be apprciated.

I live an hour away or so it would be kinda hard to get pictures that place has camras all over.still I'm looking forward to carowinds and KD' upcoming attractions...I miss working at King Island....ahhh memories.

Edited by Haunted Castle Guy

Well it's announced sometime today. I figured it'd be at 11am, but I guess not. Lol, I even got a Pass to the library from Study Hall just to see the new coaster, and it isn't even announced yet. I hope they announce it soon though, and I hope the website works with the school computer, Intimidator's is blocked by Diamondback's isn't.