Sign in to follow this  
Asa

Snoopy taking over Nick Universe?

So, i have some sad news... it appears that the Nick stuff has gone on sale for 50% off. That most likely means that Snoopy will be coming over the off season.

Any thoughts on snoopy coming in 2010?

Losing the Nick characters would be bad enough, but if they are replaced with the Peanuts characters that would just make it even more of a disaster. I pray that they come up with something that's decent...as dated as the Hanna-Barbera characters ARE, they seem "current" compared to The Peanuts.

Its not just KI that is having this sale, KD and I think at least one other park have the same sale. Also, its been on sale for at least a week. It was 50% when I was there on the 11th.

It's been on sale all season, hasn't it? But yeah, let's also not forget Nickelodeon Theater and Dora's Adventure being replaced this year with Putz HQ and Marty's Party... A way to get us accustomed to a more generic theme? I can definitely see us getting that horrid old Geauga Lake retheme into "KidWorks." I know some other CF parks still have KidWorkz areas, so it's a possibility. It doesn't require making new character cutouts, just removing the current ones. I.E. Taking the cutout of avatar off of The Last Airbender and naming it The Wacky Wind Machine or something stupid.

Also, in my view, if they brought back Hannah Barbera (which is undoubtedly cheaper, and still in use at many of the former Paramount Parks), since they are relatively distanced from kids nowadays, it would almost seem like the parks have their own personal mascots. Magilla Gorilla and Hung Kung Fuyi walking around would totally give the image to kids that theses are personalized mascots of Kings Island going on their own little goofy adventures...

But again, ANYTHING is better than Snoopy / Kidworkz. Truth be told, I imagine they might lose the best kids' area award if it becomes Snoopy or Kidworkz. The reason it's so likeable by kids is because they WANT to ride a Dora ride, or a Go Diego Go ride. Or the Fairly Odd Parents. Kids want the Fairly Odd Coaster, not Snoopy Express. Period.

Edited by GoodYellowKoRn182

That would be sad to loose the Nick characters to your park! I love them there! That would be like them taking Snoopy out of Cedarpoint! I think they should leave the Nick characters at Kings Island and Kings Dominion!

wow as much as i was saddened by the loss of the HB characters and themes i really have become accustomed to the Nick characters and its about the only thing left from Paramount that still has some sentiment. i would honestly hate to see a generic version of that area as well as the Peanuts characters. not that i have anything against Charlie Brown and Snoopy but seriously it just wouldnt fit at KI. it fits up at CP but just not at KI. i would hate to see Runaway Reptar be turned into a giant statue of Charlie Brown and call it the "Oh Brother" coaster or something lame like that. idk i think youre all probably right that they are clearing out the old and planning on retheming on the off season but i just hope not. :(

Even if they don't get rid of nick, they need to update some of the theming. I'm not sure how many kids know the rugrats or the wild thornberries anymore. Same with little bill. Seem like half of nick-u is themed to shows not on tv anymore.

From what I've read on the internet, the former Paramount Parks have the rights to use Hanna-Barbera characters as long as the parks exist. They might as well just use the H-B characters, seeing as a lot of people still remember when they were at the park in the past. From what I've seen in pictures, the park still has a large number of costumes they could use, as opposed to buying new Peanuts costumes. It wouldn't shock me if they still had old signs too, meaning they could just change the kiddie rides back to their former names.

Hmmm Didn't I report on a rumor of this magnitude a couple of months ago? I've heard a few parks may get a Scooby-Doo retheme ..and I gotta ask what's wrong with snoopy? He isn't that dated.

And it could be they are getting rid of stock and gearing up for there Halloween events.

I'll be honest, I don't really care what happens with the kids area. Most of the rides are, as stated above, themed to shows no longer on the air, or seemingly on the way out/just in re-runs. I actually think an overhaul of the area would do it some good. I can't see them removing/replacing any of the rides, just re-themeing them. And as long as they bring back The Beastie (which I'm sure they would), I'll be happy.

Well that's the problem with Nickelodeon and kid's areas in general. My first roller coaster in life was the Scooby Zoom. How proud do you think I am to point to something called "Little Bill's Giggle Coaster" and say it was my first? And in between those two, it was Tom Cat's Taxi Jam... The fact is, kid stuff is always in need of updating because kids shows don't have the lasting appeal of movies (i.e. Italian Job, Tomb Raider).

Sure kid's loved and knew the Fairly Odd Parents... And still do. But in three or four years, they just won't. Pure and simple. I think by reverting to something that's already "classic" and has unquestionably survived the test of time, they could leave the themeing alone for at least a decade instead of updating and changing every three years or so.

I think that Nickelodeon Universe becoming Coolsville, U.S.A. or whatever (Scooby Doo themed) would easily interest children and maintain the areas world class reputation. KidWorkz generic colorful childrens area would not. And because of the array of "bad guys" in the Scooby series, each ride fits. The Lazytown Sportacopters are easily transformed into some flying ghost pirate ship ride, etc. All it would take would be some "creepy tree cut outs and some "gothic" fencing and maybe even a little blacklight at night. It would be perfect!

That would be pretty cool if it was all Scooby Doo themed.

Replace Avatar with a statue of Scooby or Shaggy and theme it like they were trying to get away from something.

Change the mini choppers OR Swipper Sweeper cars into mini mystery machines. Nick-o- Round could be a generic theme.

Blue's Skidoo changed into one of the villans.

The little train ride thingy could be transformed into a version of the antique cars but you drive the Mystery Machine through various scenes, or past various props.

Fairly Odd Coaster can be changed to Beastie again. The name fits in.

i would hate to see Runaway Reptar be turned into a giant statue of Charlie Brown and call it the "Oh Brother" coaster or something lame like that...

Personally, I just don't think Peanuts offer enough variety in characters or situations to theme such a big kids area. With a Nick or Hanna Barbara you get a variety of spooky shows, funny shows, action shows, etc. However, I could totally see Runaway Reptar re-themed as Snoopy vs The Red Baron.

i would hate to see Runaway Reptar be turned into a giant statue of Charlie Brown and call it the "Oh Brother" coaster or something lame like that...

Personally, I just don't think Peanuts offer enough variety in characters or situations to theme such a big kids area. With a Nick or Hanna Barbara you get a variety of spooky shows, funny shows, action shows, etc. However, I could totally see Runaway Reptar re-themed as Snoopy vs The Red Baron.

Does that mean we get to

the ride is working? because if so i would ride the ride to just hear it...

what do you think of nick u becoming an all spongebob area.

everyone knows who spongebob is and they could really do some cool theming with the area.

they could turn the sdathc into some kind of jelly fishing game like your going through bikini bottom in your boatmobile trying to catch jelly fish with you jelly fish gun. and they could have the secret item (like scooby snacks) like the secret formula or a krabby patty.

they could also put the same spongebob roller coaster in the kids area like the one in the mall of america.

really they can put so much into this area with spongebob.

what do you guys think?

Why? I mean the reason why they would get rid of Nick U is because of the high license fee to keep Nick.I hear the Scooby-Doo license fee is cheap to keep because it's through Sally Inc hence why they plan on getting some new attraction(s) themed to Scooby-Doo at the smaller Cedar Fair Parks as for Kings Island I think we will see Peanuts..Maybe they will re-theme Nick U. back to Hanna-Barbera I mean theme the new HBL to the most popular HB characters at least like The Flintstones,Jetsons & Yogi Bear,Scooby-Doo but I doubt it... I think we will see the Peanuts gang...maybe we will see The Beastie....err..Fairly Odd Coaster become Woodstock Express...It's not all bad Planet Snoopy is really cool at CP.

:offtopic:

Anyone hear the news about WDW? They are giving Fantasy Land a face lift !!! With new attractions and Toon Town fair becoming Pixie Hollow and Voyage of The Little Mermaid themed like Mermaid Lagoon at Tokyo Disney Sea yeah a new Mermaid themed play area/shopping area/dining area/ etc.. plus a mermaid new dark ride!...and Dueling Dumbos!

:offtopic:

Keep in mind, that's likely only one of multiple re-theme plans they're considering. So don't count on it being exactly like that until Disney says something official.

/ :offtopic:

In all honestly, I think a HBL return could be possible. I mean, there's a number of classic HB shows being developing into feature movies, and they've already released a few (the Scooby ones, plus any others I can't think of at the moment). I don't know how plausible it would be, but I could definitely see it as a possibility.

Edited by DiSab

They'll be making new Scooby Doo things until the day I die. And yeah, Smurfs and Hong Kong Fuey are getting new movies... And kids still see Jetsens and Flintstones one way or another. So they'll definitely stay around. And they're just so theme park friendly!! You can't deny that Yogi and all those characters just SCREAM amusement park!

Let's see HB Cartoons to Feature Films

-Tom & Jerry

-Yogi Bear

-Hong Kong Phooey

-The Jetsons

-Johnny Quest

Movies already released based on HB cartoons

-The Flintstones

-Scooby-Doo

-Joise and The Pussycats

I think it could be done however it all comes down to money.

:offtopic: Now as for WDW Fantasyland face lift I hear there will be an enchanted forest, filled with Disney Princesses, shows, a new attraction, storytelling and special events and The Little Mermaid meet'n'greet will be moved to make room for the new forest setting and besides that I was told WDW is getting the same thing as Tokyo Disney Sea

has...Mermaid Lagoon but the WDW verison will house the new little mermaid dark ride.