Sign in to follow this  
TombraiderTy

RCT3 Park - Maple Acres (semi-KI-recreation)

Hey, I've been working on a semi-recreation of Kings Island for the past few weeks on Roller Coaster Tycoon 3. It's a recreation of the park opening year- 1972. So far I've completed a fraction of International Street and Oktoberfest, and I'd love some feedback.

Shot0225.jpg

As seen from the outside entrance plaza, the American flag and International Tower in the distance. International Tower, designed by Intamin, stands 331 1/2 feet tall, making it the tallest thing in the park.

Shot0226.jpg

Part of the entrance plaza. The area is surrounded by a small mound, covered in bushes and trees. This is to block guests' views of backstage areas.

Shot0227.jpg

The entrance building itself, complete with the army of turnstiles. I heard that the park plans on adding a restaurant atop the current structure in 1973.

Shot0228.jpg

The first set of buildings on the left side of International Street, Kahn's Sausage Haus. The world's smallest sausage kitchen!

Shot0229.jpg

Following is Rainbo Backerei, featuring a nice selection of freshly-baked bread products. All the bread in the park is baked fresh daily here.

Shot0231.jpg

Mod Shop, the "teen shop". It features the most popular music and apparel of 1972.

Shot0232-Copy.jpg

My personal favorite building I've done, Hanna-Barbera Shop. It features a great collection of Hanna-Barbera stuffed animals, apparel, and more.

Shot0233-Copy.jpg

The second half of the North side of International Street, still a work in progress.

Shot0234.jpg

This small street leads to the next area of the park- Oktoberfest.

Shot0235.jpg

Only two rides have been built so far- The Bavarian and The Rotor.

Shot0236.jpg

The Bavarian is a compact family roller coaster built by an Italian company.

Shot0237.jpg

An overview of the whole park so far.

Following all this, I still have the remainder of both International Street and Oktoberfest, and then all of Coney Island (now Coney Mall), Rivertown, and The Happy Land of Hanna-Barbera. Obviously, I've barely even started this park. Any ideas/suggestions/complaints/whatever, everything is highly appreciated :)

Edited by TombraiderTy

shot0242y.png

I'm almost done with the Northern half of International Street. Seen here is Munchen Cafe, German Menagerie (stuffed animals), and Spielwaren (also stuffed animals). The purple building will host three different shops- Lock Shop, Kerzen (candles), and Schmuckwaren (glassware). The final shop will be Hute-Hemden (hats and shirts). Comments/criticism appreciated.

^What are you talking about? Your buildings are just as nice, I like several of yours much better than any of mine. And this park has one family-style roller coaster- you have a B&M dive-machine. YOUR park makes MY park look like crap :P

The park has built the facilities connected to the main entrance, including lost and found, stroller rental, and restrooms. Here's a look at the additions:

Shot0264.jpg

Packaging Service, sponsored by Bank Americard.

Shot0265.jpg

Underneath the entrance is the stroller rental- it still needs a sign for identification, however.

Shot0266.jpg

Over on the other side of the entrance is the Package Pick-Up and Lost and Found, both sponsored by northAmerican Van Lines. The restrooms are also on this side.

Shot0267.jpg

An overview of International Street at its current state- you can see the Royal Fountains have been extended to their full length and the pavement has been laid on the South end (left side) of the street. Building construction will begin soon.

Shot0268.jpg

Over in Oktoberfest, a look at The Bavarian, as seen from the ride's queue.

Shot0269.jpg

And a view down into The Rotor, from a balcony of sorts above the attraction.

Comments and criticism appreciated.

Hey guys, I need alot of help and advice/tips. I am a great gamer for tycoon 2, but can't seem to get anything going for RCT3. The buildings in the Maple Acres are amazing. I just cannot get into my tycoon 3, like I do for the second. I have RCT3 Gold, is there any add ons or upgrades for this game? I can build coaster ok but, the game play ( buildings, foot paths, themeing, and land height adjustments) are what give me trouble. Also what about any good scenarios to try, or can I make my own game play/scenario on my own. Any help or tips would be appreciated.

THUNDERBEAST1968

YOU CAN E-MAIL ME:

mborstein@zoominternet.net

P.S. Please do not e-mail if you are not helping

with any suggestions, or tips. THANKS!!!

How Do You Make A Eiffel Tower, I have the RCT3 Platinum , how do you make the eiffel tower and building structures

It's not Eiffel Tower, it's "International Tower" :D Notice the design varies from that of our tower- instead of trying to make a nice-looking Eiffel Tower, knowing that I'd fail, I made a Six Flags "Oil Derrick" attraction. It was a CS set, can't remember the name though.

Hey guys, I need alot of help and advice/tips. I am a great gamer for tycoon 2, but can't seem to get anything going for RCT3. The buildings in the Maple Acres are amazing. I just cannot get into my tycoon 3, like I do for the second. I have RCT3 Gold, is there any add ons or upgrades for this game? I can build coaster ok but, the game play ( buildings, foot paths, themeing, and land height adjustments) are what give me trouble. Also what about any good scenarios to try, or can I make my own game play/scenario on my own. Any help or tips would be appreciated.

THUNDERBEAST1968

By the sounds of your post, you don't use CS? It's scenery for your park that's not included with the game because other people- regular people who don't work for Atari- made it after the game was released. 95% of the buildings on International Street were made with shyguy's Alpine Set, although I'd suggest downloading most (if not all) of his sets here. It's also a good idea to look around at some parks over on AtariCommunity, seen here. Lot of friendly users over there (friendly users, the moderators on the other hand... :rolleyes: ), and plenty of great parks to get ideas from. If you need any more help, don't be afraid to ask.

-Ty

<_< Ty, hey its thunderbeast again, thanks for the links for RCT3 I hope it helps. Btw you mentioned CS? I do not know what that is or means? Get back to me or you can e-mail me from my previous post. Thanks again.

THUNDERBEAST

^CS is Custom Scenery, made by non-Atari people, or just regular gamers. You can download it online, like shyguys' Alpine Village Set 1. In case you need it (like I originally did), here's a step-by-step guide to downloading and installing the set:

1. Go to the webpage first, of course- http://www.shyguysworld.com/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item8

2. Click Download and download the file to your desktop.

3. Once it's downloaded, open the folder and click "Export".

4. The files will now be shown in an exported folder. Copy the folder itself (not the individual contents) and move it to C:ProgramFiles/Atari/RollerCoasterTycoon3/Style/Themed

5. Open the game, check the Walls scenery tab, and scroll down for the set. It should be there.

Hope that helps :)

With nothing better to do on a Friday evening, I decided I may as well update this thread here, since I had been keeping consistent updates on AtariComunity.

shot0007t.png

Half of the south side of International Street...

shot0008nkn.png

...and the other half on that side.

shot0009c.png

Then half of the North side...

shot0010loj.png

...and the other half.

shot0011h.png

The Bavarian (Bavarian Beetle) on the left, The Rotor on the right.

shot0012c.png

Sky Ride station

shot0013y.png

The current Outer Hanks building, still in need of some tables on the patio.

shot0014b.png

Maple Acres Theater. It's an inflatable-like theater at the end of International Street.

shot0015j.png

Der Spinnen Keggers, in Oktoberfest.

shot0016a.png

And the latest area, Coney Island / Old Coney.

shot0017q.png

On the left is Sweet Tooth (now Subway) and on the right is a Monster-type ride.

shot0018x.png

The Racer, with the amazing paint-job it originally had.

shot0019g.png

Overview of the park. Still to make are all of Rivertown and Hanna-Barbera Land, plus various Coney Island / Old Coney rides and attractions.

Comments and criticism appreciated.