Sign in to follow this  
signomatic46184

One Millionth Ride

^How can they determine the exact 1,000,000th rider? Unless they continue to run trains until they reach 999,999, then only let one person ride on the next train. Otherwise, any person out of the 32 riders could be the 1,000,000th.

well actually, since they send people in and direct them, i guess when they got really close (like the day they think it would happen) they could count the people as they are going into the station as they are in line, it wouldnt really be that hard.

I think this guy is just pulling our legs guys. Thats a lot of rides on DB and I doubt it can be completed this year.Maybe mid-season next year it can be accomplished thats a huge maybe as well but all you would get is this is that guy's on millionth ride congratulations and get a spot on Channel 5 news.

I doubt they've been counting.

I think this guy is just pulling our legs guys. Thats a lot of rides on DB and I doubt it can be completed this year.Maybe mid-season next year it can be accomplished thats a huge maybe as well but all you would get is this is that guy's on millionth ride congratulations and get a spot on Channel 5 news.

You guys do realize that the park does keep track of ridership counts and have announced already that Diamondback has reached 500,000 riders. I think they were even at that number a couple weeks ago, if not about a month ago. There has even been speculation that Diamondback could reach 2 Million in the first year which would be amazing!

Ryan

Diamondback looking for 1,000,000th rider

July 19, 2009

Diamondback%20062009%20129.jpg

Diamondback is looking for its 1,000,000th rider. If you visit the park on Monday, the 1,000,000th rider on Kings Island's new $22 million steel coaster could be you!

they might just take you picture and put it on the web.

but it would be really cool if they gave the one millionth rider the small replica of the coaster as their prize.

i would take that in a heart beat.

Millennium Force gave 1,683,845 rides last season. Why couldn't Diamondback do it?

It's only July. I wouldn't be surprised if DB hits 2,000,000 by end of Haunt.

From the blog...

5608_122061085912_61950580912_2718422_7481151_n.jpg

Jim McDonel from Buffalo, NY was the 1,000,000th rider on the new Diamondback roller coaster since the $22 million ride opened April 18, 2009. The 43-year-old McDonel was accompanied on the ride Monday by Kings Island's manager of park operations, Tony Carovillano.

I would think he got to keep that sign as well. Which isn't bad considering all he had to do was ride it.

Edited by DiSab