Sign in to follow this  
DiamondBackLover2012

Backwards Racer (now with a Poll)

Racer  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Wish the Backwards Racer was Still Present?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't know / I don't care

Does any =one beside myself miss the backwards Racer.

I mean at first I liked the idea of having the Racer back to its original format, made the park feel more , you know like a amusement park instead of a theme park.

But as I ride all the ride millions of time they become less thrilling, and not have time, or money to go to Ceder Point I really need a thrill, I wish the backwards Racer was "Back" again.

I go everyday to KI and nothing is really all that "AWWWAAAWWAAAYAAAH" feeling like it was at the beginning of the year, the backwards Racer was always thrilling.

Hey maybe I should suggest to the park to make Diamondback go backwards, or make at least one train on every coaster go backwards.

How awesome would that be!!!!!!!!!

Tell Me how yall feel

Edited by TombraiderTy

I have to say I miss the backwards racer as well. I took my son a few weeks ago and hadn't realized the ride had been changed back. I always liked the fun ride on the backwards side because you never knew what was next. Who knows maybe one day we'll see it that way again. Just one of the many little things about the way Kings Island used to be.

I never cared too much for the Backwards Racer. All the way back to 2005, I was hoping they'd return the trains to their original forwards positions. I got my wish last year and I couldn't be happier* :)

*Well, I would be happier if they power-washed the steps on the coaster and cleaned the brake-run tunnel... And I always thought removing the dividing fence in the station would be nice and allow for a lot more room.

I really miss the Backwards side, it was so much more thrilling and everyone always had so much more fun on it! I think it was a bad idea to make it forwards cause every time I go to Racer, I hear tons of people saying "Let's ride Backwards it's amazing!" And than they all get let down once they findout it only runs Forwards. I realize they made it forwards because they wanted it to be original like it used to be, but Most the People that rode it when it only went Forwards are probably too old to ride it now anyways. And most people who ride Racer grew up with it running Backwards and Forwards. I just wish they'd make one side Backwards cause than You had a choice if you want to ride Frontwards or not, so everyone got they're way.

i understand it bothers a lot of people, but personally I like the forward only. I rode the backwards side one time and didn't care much for it. Now I can enjoy both sides! Like Ty, would love to see it cleaned up. Also a return to the original color scheme would be awesome. Plus the blue side needs some track work so it runs as nice as the red.

^Exactly. The Red side got some trackwork a couple of years ago I believe. The Blue seems much rougher, suggesting that it too may need some trackwork soon. I would also love to see the original paint job returned to the ride, along with a cleaning of the steps and the brake-tunnel. If they returned the patriotic paint-job, perhaps they could also hang an American flag off the supports or have one flying at the top of the lift-hill.

i always found the backwards Racer to be extremely rough all the times i rode it. it made the Beast and Son of Beast feel like Diamondback to me. at least, thats how i felt. i mean i NEVER want a ride to end, but all the times i rode the backwards Racer with friends or family it was just painful. if it was at least as smooth as the forwards running Racer then i definitely would have loved it but seeing as i never had a good ride on it i can't really say i miss it all that much. it did give for a unique aspect to the park and i know it was definitely very popular among park goers and enthusiasts, because really, are there many backwards running wooden coasters around? no. so i can see the thrill in that. i just personally didn't enjoy the uncomfortable rides i got.

recaR was a fun ride in and of itself, but, like xVekomax said, it wasn't the smoothest ride around. You would think that with the ride running backwards and the riders not being able to see what's next to brace themselves, they'd make it smooth. Guess not. :lol: Besides, with the fact that riders can't brace themselves, there were times I'd get off the ride with a sore neck from a jolt or one of the hills that I forgot was there. It probably also raised the insurance premium for the ride as well, though I don't recall hearing anything about that (pure speculation on my part haha).

1. Don't go to KI EVERYDAY and your experiance will be better.

2. The former backward side is smoother.

3. NOTHING makes SOB seem smoother.

4. If you are going to ride a coaster and complain that it is too rough, you just need to not ride wooden coasters anymore.

I was on Diamondback and someone said it gave them a headache, I was like You have got to be kidding. People complain about everything.

I love the racer in the front, it feels much more faster, and the first two air hills give you so much more.

I'm not really missing the backwards racer, but I liked it better with it... especially when forward and backwards would race

i wasn't complaining, i was just giving my opinion to the topic. i know that i have the choice to ride or not to ride but i chose to so that's my own doings, but i was in no way complaining and even if i was, so what? the whole point of a forum is to share opinions/complaints/insights right? right.

Does any =one beside myself miss the backwards Racer.

I mean at first I liked the idea of having the Racer back to its original format, made the park feel more , you know like a amusement park instead of a theme park.

But as I ride all the ride millions of time they become less thrilling, and not have time, or money to go to Ceder Point I really need a thrill, I wish the backwards Racer was "Back" again.

I go everyday to KI and nothing is really all that "AWWWAAAWWAAAYAAAH" feeling like it was at the beginning of the year, the backwards Racer was always thrilling.

Hey maybe I should suggest to the park to make Diamondback go backwards, or make at least one train on every coaster go backwards.

How awesome would that be!!!!!!!!!

Tell Me how yall feel

Maybe if you didn't go to KI so much you'd have time to go to CP?

I think from the GP standpoint, the backwards side is much missed. If you want to ride forwards, you can ride forwards on one train just as much as you can on the other. As FANS, we often tend to prefer the original double forwards, but the GP doesn't really care about experiencing the same ride in the same way except that one is a mirror image.

When it was backwards, it raced, appealed to people wanting to go forwards, and appealed to people who wanted to go backwards... I feel like turning it back to forwards was almost unnecessary? Like, it's not like there was always a half hour wait for the forward side and no one liked going backwards... If anything, it was the other way around on this AND Rebel Yell / Thunder Road. Having one side backwards was hurting no one, and actually made it seem like an additional coaster... Having them both forwards, people ride one or the other. When it was forwards / backwards, I feel that a lot of people rode both.