Sign in to follow this  
Corkscrew

Corkscrew's Trip to Orlando: 6/11 - 6/14

I would have posted this much earlier, but I haven't had much time to upload the pictures.

Well, a few weeks ago, for my graduation trip, my dad and I took a trip down to Orlando. The last time I went was when I was about 5 years old. We did a pretty good job in 4 days, hitting 8 parks. Epcot, Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, Sea World, and Aquatica. For math wizzes, we did two parks each day. In that order.

It would be a very long report if I told you everything that happened. So I'll go over some highlights. Now, I was down-right afraid of pretty much every ride down there and always went to the kiddie lands and shows. But who wouldn't when they were five? This year, I rode pretty much everything that was open.

My favorite ride of all was The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man. That is some genius work right there. In a portable motion simulator, steering past giant 3-D movie screens and special effects amazed me. I got back in line as soon as we got off. (After walking through a gift shop, of course) And the cool part is that was made about 10 years ago. Imagine if they made a new one today.

My biggest disappointment was Expedition Everest. It was pretty cool falling backwards into a mountain and dropping out over several feet. But it was VERY smooth. Too smooth, if you ask me. I think some jerking adds intensity and more fun to the ride. One let-down was I could barely see the Yeti at the end. I wish they would shine a little more light on it so you can see it trying to get you.

Another disappointment was that Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit was not open at Universal Studios. It looked amazing from the advertisements, sparkling "OPENING SPRING 2009". But I think we are way past Spring. Oh well, I got some nice photos of it though.

It is hard to decide what coaster was my favorite. It is between the Incredible Hulk, Kraken, Manta, or the Mummy. The Hulk and Kraken were pretty rough, and I think I blacked out for a moment on Kraken. Still fun, though. Manta was pretty fun, dominating Firehawk by a long shot. The hanging why going up the lift hill was exciting. The water effect near the end is cool and the aquarium in the queue is outstanding. The Mummy's special effects were astounding and I never knew when the ride would end. My dad thought that was the best.

I forgot to mention the Rock n' Rollercoaster and the Tower of Terror. The Rock n' Rollercoaster was pretty much the same as Flight of Fear, but smoother, and with special effects. It didn't wow me too much. But the Tower of Terror was outstanding. I've never seen anything like it. Its unique how the car moves across the hotel. My favorite was looking out the top windows and looking at the park. It was amazing.

And the Dueling Dragons. Those two were both good. I didn't really know which was upright when I got off. I did get a good view of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter from the top. (Which I must say, I took a lot of pictures of)(Harry Potter Fantatic)

Anyways, I had an excellent time down there. It seemed like it went by so fast. Either way, I always love it down there. The atmosphere is great and I feel like it is my second home down there. I probably won't go back for a while, unless I return for The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Hopefully that's soon!

Now, onto the pictures.

(I couldn't upload them all, so

here is over half, I believe)

Here are some of my favorites.

1050212.jpg

1050242.jpg

1050262.jpg

1050264.jpg

1050223.jpg

1050311.jpg

1050292.jpg

If you have any questions, do ask.

P.S. My photos from Walt Disney World are on my phone. I may upload my favorites.

The Rockit was pushed back to a Summer '09 opening some time ago. I thought I saw that the advertisements had been changed... Good news (or maybe bad, depending on how you look at it) is that it'd been testing a lot recently, and also gave its first rides to some of the employees and ride ops. Which means it should be opening soon (but after you leave, which is always a bummer).

The Rockit was pushed back to a Summer '09 opening some time ago. I thought I saw that the advertisements had been changed... Good news (or maybe bad, depending on how you look at it) is that it'd been testing a lot recently, and also gave its first rides to some of the employees and ride ops. Which means it should be opening soon (but after you leave, which is always a bummer).

Yeah, but seeing some videos on YouTube will please me. =P

Graduation trip for what? B)

Jurassic Park always looked like something I'd like alot.

Jurassic Park is a fun ride, especially the first time you ride it.

And I graduated middle school. *yays**big achievement*

Nice ptr! It's funny for a school project where we had to make up a trip I did exactly what you did on your real trip. :lol:

Thanks. And here are your pictures to finish off your project. =P