cpwildcat3363

ride program

I rode the crypt on opening day with an awsome ride program. I went today and they have started doing some new theme work which was nice to see, didnt like them not using the garage door anymore. But anyways the ride sucked it was nothing of what a topspin is capable total let down, anyways not raggin on the ride but how often is the program changed and how many do they have.

Thanks,

Dan

I believe it is the third ride program the ride has had. It had the TR:TR cycle (6-flips), followed by an 8-flip cycle after the name change, and currently the 2-flip cycle.

wrong, there have been 4 cycle changes now. 1st TR:TR, 2nd TR:TR, 1st Crypt, 2nd Crypt. the second TR:TR featured more inversions than the original, then the Crypt with it's 8 inversions. then last the new crypt cycle that does two giant rolls.

I don't believe there was a second Tomb Raider cycle, was there? All cycles have to be specially made (since its the only Giant Top Spin and thus has a completely different center of gravity, speed and height capabilities, etc.), and since Tomb Raider was perfectly synchonrized to music, adding another flip would completely offset the music... That would've been way noticable, at least to me, and I never noticed it. I'm pretty sure there was one Tomb Raider cycle (5 flips), the original Crypt (8 flips) and the Crypt Lite (2 flips).

^No, there were two Tomb Raider: The Ride programs. The first one, with limited flips, mainly just used to show riders the scenes. The second program was a bit more intense, adding a few more flips. It may have also been a tad longer. The third program was The Crypt's eight-flip, and now we're on the ninth program- the two-flip.

how easy is it to change a ride program? is it a computer program they just punch in a bunch of numbers? can you put it on random so no back to back rides are similar?

the ride program must be done by a huss engineer. it is not too hard, but takes some serious cash and time. You also have to have whatever company that would do any special effects set them up to be timed with the ride program and whatnot. you can have more than one program but that will not happen for our crypt. the reason they gave it a new program is because the ride is a maintenance nightmare and needed a tame program to run more than half the time. So your questions answer is basically yes it can be done, but i can assure you it will not be. The best thing you can hope for is it sticking around another year, not for it to get an awesome ride program, although it would be cool to have a last ride with the awesome program at the end of the year (extremely doubtful...)

Imagine how much time, effort, and money it took to setup a computer system for Tomb Raider: The Ride. Lights, water, lasers, fog, all synchronized to a ride cycle which had to be perfectly in time with music. You can imagine that the person who "composed' the score was handed a virtual video of the ride's cycle and effects and told "Make an adventurous and harrowing musical score that fits this." He didn't do that for free!

For Cedar Fair to decide to put effects in the chamber, synchronized lights and sounds to a ride program... It won't happen. It sucks, but it won't. If they were to buy back the licensing to Tomb Raider, I feel like Paramount would oversee the (re)creation of the proper ride. They don't want their product name slapped on any old thing. That's the only way we'll ever see an improvement in the Crypt. Ever.