Sign in to follow this  
Diamondback Dude

Do you think Kings Island should Close SOB?

Only if they are to tear it down for something better, if you mean JUST close... then no, don't let people stare at it in aww and not get to ride... some people still like it.

No don't close it, if you don't like it don't ride it. KI has a lot more room for more rides. They should bring back the Antique cars. B)

They will get rid of it if it keeps "hurting" people... or if it gets so rough, that no one really wants to ride it... which I think there's always going to be people that will ride it as long as they don't go to the hospital. lol

We own land past that river right? I'd love to see a ride go over that, once we work our way to there... If we even get to go past FOF and Firehawk... How would we easily make a new section there, Firehawk's kinda in the way.

It'd be awesome if GCI came in and did some improvements on it.

"Pimp my Coaster..."

Edited by ahank

Lol, did people actually drive those cars? They looked so tacky...

And Yes, The Gravity group does wonders on track, But I don't think they've improved tracks yet. Maybe GCI.

Yes, they should use the land to expand over to X-Base. They could add more rides, shops, eaterys and much more with that land.

Acually, I think Gravity Group would be more qualified to do any sort of retracking on Son of Beast. GCI hasn't really dabbled in tall coasters as their forte, so getting them to work on a taller ride may not work so well, at least in theory. Gravity Group has a few taller rides and are more familiar with that calibur of woodie.

I for one, see SOB has improved since it got the new trains, but it still could be improved dramatically to live up to the way it ran when it first opened, loop or no loop.

i would hate to see it go. its probably one of the few wooden coasters i really like. i just think its a wild and fun ride and always good for a laugh with a friend so no, it needs to stay put.

Why would you close down a 20 million dollar wooden hyper coaster(the only wooden hyper coaster) cause someone "claimed" to be hurt on it?

If the park closes it down, a lot of people will be mad. Really mad. And I can assure you Mr. Kinzel will get a lot of letters. Plus Brian Cosmiac's favorite ride is SoB!

Kings Island is ultimately a business. If it becomes unprofitable to run the ride, they will close it. They don't really care what enthusiasts and fanboys have to say when it comes to business decisions. Just look what happened to the Flying Eagles.