Sign in to follow this  
beastfan26

What's Up On The Island?

What's Up On The Island? is a podcast about KI. The podcast is run by two teenage Kings Island enthusiasts that study the park's history and keep up with the park's latest information and news. Their names are Jordan Hill and Cody Johnson, and are also known as beastfan26 and rcfreak339. The podcast also brings Kings Island fans an easy way to keep track of recent news at the park, such as ride construction, events, and more!

Anyway, that's just the information I copied from our website. I started this podcast last August and it only lasted about a month. In May me and Cody (rcfreak339) brought it back. We're bringing it back again. We used to only do our podcast for that "other forum" but we wanna expand and bring it here too.

Our Podcast:

http://www.whatsupontheisland.mypodcast.com - Web

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore...st?id=295113894 - iTunes (Episode 1 may not be in the library yet.)

http://www.wuotivmail.webs.com - Voicemail Service

Enjoy!

Edited by beastfan26

Thanks for sharing! I'll try to listen to the podcast whenever a new one comes out.

Calakapepe - You're famous! :lol:

Edited by ahank

I just wanted to say that I DID listen to your "first" podcast...I like your enthusiasm for the park!

How do you pronounce Calakapepe? :huh:

I somewhat disagree. I think it's the enthusiasts who dislike Son of Beast... We're the ones saying "Oh this construction company was inexperienced." "I can't believe they brought in these particular trains." "I can't believe blah blah blah." The general public sees a humongous wooden coaster and goes "Well, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see this is gonna be rickety." I doubt they look at it and say "Gee, family, this ought to be butter smooth!" The world's tallest, fastest wooden coaster? Of course it will hurt.

Meanwhile, I do agree that it's odd how quickly things are "aging" at Kings Island. Truly, it's like a Kings Island ride lives in dog years. Son of Beast is highly debated and some people want it gone.

Tomb Raider: The Ride was the park's premier, most highly-publicized and most expensive ride only seven years ago, and at this point I think most visitors AND enthusiasts want it gone and replaced by a suspended top spin.

And the Italian Job is practically brand new, and most of its effects are turned off or downgraded. The splash, the water effects, the fog machines, etc.

And I know it's like, a "nothing" problem with the Diamondback roughness, but all I'm saying is, it's something that likely WON'T be fixed in the coming years. It's not even noticeable to me, it's no big deal, but it just speaks to the way these things go. Maverick is a bit rough, too. And half of it's 'water cannons' have been shut off only two years into its life. Just sayin!

Also, in my opinion, SOB isn't that bad. It sounds like it's one of those things where people say "Oh my God FACE/OFF hurts SOOOO bad I'll NEVER ride it again" and then they just continue on with all of these emotional language words about hearts exploding, horrible, terrible, horrible again, terrible, more horrible (Count how many times that language was used in this podcast)... All based off of like, two rides on it. It's just something to think about! Can a ride really be THAT bad? Really? Haha! It's only the hardcore enthusiasts who literally have burning hatred towards Son of Beast. I bet most of the general public gets off of it and says "Wow that was rough!' and laughs it off AT MOST. They don't go around ranting about how their hearts almost exploded and it was spine shattering and life changingly miserable. We do. Not them. And we're a minority.