Sign in to follow this  
PKIDelirium

Kings Dominion 2010 Coaster

I strongly doubt they recieved the wrong coaster. That dosen't happen.

With the higher-ups there today, i'd assume they were there watching them move the track to a less obvious area, as you said. I'm sure cedar fair gets P/O'd sitting there watching the people of kdfansite make crazy things up. I sure would.

The only way I could see them receiving the wrong coaster, would be if Cedar Fair has two parks recieving rides from the same manufacturer (which based on the shape of those supports is Intamin) and the manufacturer accidently sent the container to the wrong CF park. Since other people seem convinced CP is getting an intamin due to some contract with intamin that they have to install a 5th intamin coaster this year, it could make sense that Intamin accidently sent the CP supports to KD and they are both getting intamins. I havn't decided what I believe yet, but thats another line of logic people have thrown out there.

Wait, what?

Top Thrill Dragster, Wicked Twister, Maverick, Millennium Force. I only count four Intamins since the contract...

I strongly doubt they recieved the wrong coaster. That dosen't happen.

With the higher-ups there today, i'd assume they were there watching them move the track to a less obvious area, as you said. I'm sure cedar fair gets P/O'd sitting there watching the people of kdfansite make crazy things up. I sure would.

The administrators of both kdfansite & coastercrew have a good relationship with park management so they didn't simply

move the supports to hide them from prying eyes" so to speak,especially when they'd been sitting there for about a week.

Stuff happens & the parts were probably delivered to the wrong park simple as that,it's pretty evident that the park is adding a new coaster next year & a majority of guests know it.Now if the really wanted to "cover up" their work then they'd close FOF & anaconda since those two rides are adjacent to the construction site but obviously they're still open so they don't care that we know what's going on & if anything it's helping to generate a buzz about the park.

The KD supprots are being packed up. Im confused now.

Are you justins from thepointol.com?

Anywhos www.kdfansite.com has a huge thread going about this

No, I am not Justins from thepointonline.com.

So Clint from Kdfansite.com is reporting they have red track in their parking lot and a few yellow supports are still there. He isn't sure the make of it, but he said it looks like a Vekoma Flyer. Its an interesting turn in events for KD.

So Clint from Kdfansite.com is reporting they have red track in their parking lot and a few yellow supports are still there. He isn't sure the make of it, but he said it looks like a Vekoma Flyer. Its an interesting turn in events for KD.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :mad:

ferrari-world-11-big_100.jpg

Someone on their forum pointed out its the same type of track Premier rides is using on the F1 Coaster being built in Dubai.

EDIT: I linked a picture of the F1 track taken from another website.

Edited by Jstbcool

Premier? That's unexpected.

I wonder if this coaster also has yellow supports, and they received the wrong yellow supports. It would fit with that rumor, but who knows.

IMG_2469_(Large).JPG

Mini-Clifford!

And the plot thickens...

Makes me wonder if we'll finally see the rise of the often-rumored Bench: The Ride coaster...

I truly doubt this is a launching coaster, seeing as they already have Flight of Fear. I'd expect to see a new type of roller coaster.

Wow, I'm surprised This isn't an Intamin... I don't really care for Premiere but I think it's really weird for Cedar Fair to go to them for a coaster, That's something Paramount does...

Now that's some odd looking track. Can't be Intamin since of the three types of track that are associated with the company this track isn't one of them.

Why would it be wierd for CF to go with Premier for a coaster just because they have favored B&M and Intamin? Who would have thought they'd go with GCI for wood coasters?

For some reason I can't believe the park recieved the wrong ride scenario. It's more than likely the pieces are being moved to keep the sneaky park fans away from them.

I wouldn't count out Intamin yet. They're one of those companies that is constantly looking to imporve on everything they can, including track design. From what I've gathered, if this is an Intamin, is that the dual-spine track is more durable than their current multi-tube track, resulting in supports being needed less often, and thus resulting in lower construction prices. Makes sense in the current state of the economy. But I think we'll have to wait for more conclusive information.

The track IS Intamin, it was confirmed in an article from the first drop. They went with this new design because it is stronger than the old square track.

So if they've redesigned the track do you think they've redesigned the trains as well? Perhaps this ride will feature trains more like SFNE's bizarro as opposed to SFA's S:ROS with a new restraint design....assuming it's a hyper/giga of course.

Screamscape recently reported that the supports have been seen leaving KD....Whoops! :lol: :P

Perhaps, the supports go to the alleged 2010 coaster at Carowinds...? :huh:

I wouldn't trust me on that information THAT much. :lol:

Plus, after reading more, they may just be being moved to storage till needed. I doubt CF, Intamin, or the shipping company would make that big of a mistake.

The fast that the track arrived in a Hapag-Lloyd shipping container has me thinking Intamin as well. Premier track is made in the US and comes on regular flatbed trucks.