DRCrypt2008

The Crypt Cycle

So as of 5-15-2009 Crypt has a new cycle.

Just thought I would make this topic to see what everyone thought of it.

My opinion, we need the old one back.

There is one more change, pre-show has no door; it is now gates, so you can see the ride. But I want to mainly talk about the cycle.

Have Fun

I haven't ridden it yet, I'm riding tomorrow. What have they changed? exactly? Do they still have the statue at the beginning to set off the ride? Because the beginning when Paramount owned KI was amazing and really got me excited.

Don't even get me started I have been going on a rampage on the other site about this. It's like Timmy's Air Tours with 2 flips I dislike it soo much right now,I mean come on only 2 flips what happened to like 8 last year wait when I rode it opening weekend it was the same program as last year and many people where mad just like me today. Here is how it is now walk through the queues then the antechamber be fore the pre-show is now a queues line or you walk right through it depending how busy the ride is. Now the pre-show with the statue well there is no more statue now there is a bat creature that sometimes worked it was working today oh yeah and the door that opens and closes before the ride has been removed and replaced with a chain gate. Then you enter the ride swing back and forth a few times then flip backwards then swing back and forth then do a front flip and then it's over no effects like the lava pit anymore or ice mist thing your just flipping around in a large building with wolf howling. that pretty much sums it up.

Edited by Skywriter

Cue the Crypt Obsessives...

...WHYYYY?! WHYY, CEDAR FAIR?! WHYYYY?!

:bomb: :cry:

You must be joking. All of you. JOKING!!

Okay, dramatics aside: WHAT THE HECK. People (myself included nowadays) were really starting to like The Crypt for The Crypt! It was a socially acceptable excuse for a flat ride instead of a pathetic afterthought this season, and, while I'm sure CF's got some "cheaper on maintenance" BULLCRAP to throw out as an excuse, they are literally destroying every good thing that comes their way on The Crypt.

If this ride cycle is literally as despicably lame as it's sounding to me, they can tear down The Crypt for all I care. Seriously. They will have officially neutered and penny-pinched my favorite ride into such a pathetic nonexistence that the best solution so that my heart will stop aching will involve a wrecking ball and lots of trash bags.

This slow degeneration must have a hidden purpose, or else it's just strongly leading my to believe there is one. Maybe there will be a new field of grass in Rivertown come 2010... It'll be pretty sad when the people who rode this 'ride' find that field to be more fun.

...to see what everyone thought of it.

I think it's just one step closer to me receiving $5.00!

I prefer to think this ride is taking two steps forward, one steps back :)

Man this sounds aweful. I'm not sure I've brought this up on the site, but I've recently gone through a series of surgeries. I was still able to ride stuff at KI last year and will get to in September this year. I was looking forward to the point where when I was healed, I would be able to ride this and Firehawk again. Crypt along with Delirium are my 2 favorite non-coaster rides in the park. Knowing its become so farfetch'd from how it opened, I can agree with those who would want this torn down/replaced. I just hope that if it does go, that another top spin comes in because I love to ride them.

depending on the crowds/lines/etc when i go june 2nd, i might still give it a go. i mean i havent ridden it since its tomb raider days and id at least like to see for myself the whole changes and what not. idk well see.

(Assuming it's still open) I will ride it next time I am at the park just so I can see first-hand how bad it (supposedly) is.

My guess is that the park will remove the ride, leave the building and have another permanent haunt set up...like Club Blood is.

If they remove the Top Spin from the building than the building has no reason to exist anymore. Especially since the building itself is such an eyesore. I would rather them leave the ride operating than take the ride out and know that the building is completely empty for most of the year with no purpose. It just looks so ugly.

Ryan

I remember when PKI annouced Tomb Raider:The Ride everyone was thinking it was an indoor coaster!Now I LOVED TRTR but I HATE and cannot stand the crypt it totally sucks and blows now and what's the theme?

Edited by Haunted Castle Guy

It woud prove quite a challenge to dismantle it though, leaving the building up... it seems as if tearing down the building would be the easiest way to remove the ride.

rode it today and the new cycle is soooo boring, it doesnt even seem like its a thrill ride now. I hope they fix it

I know right? I rode today, and to me it was like a ferris wheel in the dark. No thrill to it, just going in circles within a black box. There is no more water, no mist, the statue in the front was just painted on. They tamed it down a lot, and it is pointless to even ride. Also, I saw they took out the front row that used to exist. I guess the original one put too much stress on the gears. But, taking out the first row should've been enough. IMO

But yea, first time this year, really enjoyed the park overall. Diamondback is very fun, loads of Airtime, and great photos I took today (onride photos) purchased one of me, and my aunt purchased me on the vortex, because I looked funny. Racer seems a lot smoother now, and you can actually notice the airtime. I do still hate the cars, they squeeze your legs, guys can't let *something* breathe. I didn't really mind anything else. I like how now Flight of fear has more lighting, you can see what's going on a little bit. It's a lot better. Did they change the restraints on Vortex? I didn't grow much since 07 and my head is completely above the restraints now. I like the ride a lot better.

So yea, there's some things I like a lot better now at Kings Island, I really appreciate having new music throughout the park. But really the biggest let down is the crypt, really should just get rid of the top spin, and do something else, or at least theme it up a bit.

Also, I forgot to mention, that the Dodgems should get a boost, or be replaced, it's not fun anymore, the cars seem slower. Bumping people is like nudging them...

Edited by calakapepe

We were soo disappointed today when we rode the Crypt at the park. Before (as in just last week) it was like riding a ferris wheel that had overdosed on Red Bull and you couldn't tell if you were up or down most of the time because you went so fast. Now you could rock a baby to sleep in it.

Also we miss a lot of the smaller midway type rides that they used to have such as the big carpet slide. The Coney Mall seems empty now...

Otherwise, we still love going to Kings Island. The ride on Son of Beast seemed much better than it has in the past.

It would make for a awesome Haunt attraction if they just left the building and theming.

[sarcasm]

Wait, Crypt has theming? I must be registered at the wrong site.

[/sarcasm]

:lol:

I was never a huge fan of TR:TR or The Crypt, but without the flips it just seems pointless. I read on another forum today that a park employee told them they toned it down because the ride was tearing itself apart. If thats true, I would be mad at the manufacturer that it couldn't engineer a ride that would last more than 8 years with the type of ride cycles they had to know it was going to use. Regardless, just another reason for me to skip The Crypt on my next visit.

^Well, it was engineered for a much more gentle and calm program- the original Tomb Raider: The Ride cycle. When that was upgraded to the 4-flips, it was still much more gentle. To achieve 8-flips, however, a row of seats had to be removed. I don't believe HUSS built it with the intentions of allowing it to flip eight times.

^I didn't remember how many flips TR:TR had because I only rode it a few times, but if the ride was egineered to be able to do something more intense than the descriptions i've heard of the current program I would hope KI would change it closer to the intensity of TR:TR even if its less intense than the last iteration of the crypt.

Edited by Jstbcool

Yea, it was obvious to me that they toned it down because they had to replace a huge gear in 07. I only rode TR:TR in 06 and 05. So twice total. I wouldn't mind for instead of getting a new attraction next year, or in two years, we could instead get a better engineered Top Spin to replace The Crypt. This way we can achieve the 3 rows again, and get a more intense ride.

Also, on a side note, anybody else realize ACE (American Coaster Enthusiast) were at the park on Sunday?

There was a sign under the racers.

Edited by calakapepe