Sign in to follow this  
TombraiderTy

Rivertown Empty Land- What Would You Put There?

IMG_2697.jpg

Diamondback was a great addition to the park for 2009, but what could the park follow it up with in 2010 or 2011? A large empty plot of land sits next to International Showplace and just a bit off from Diamondback's brake-run. Although we probably won't see any new additions here anytime soon, pretend that you were put in charge- what would you add?

Few things to consider...

-What type of attraction- coaster, flat, restaurant, garden, ect.?

-Total Cost- is the price-tag realistic after we just got Diamondback?

-Area- the area's large, but not massive- any additions must fit that land size

-Noise Level- International Showplace is next door, so you may want to have an attraction with a lower volume level

What would you all put there?

I think a nice Ferris Wheel would fit in well here. It's (kinda) in the middle of the park, and I think it would be a great way to get some nice photos.

Barnyard Bash

Miller Farm has been flooded, leaving the barnyard in a massive puddle. Taking advantage of the miniature disaster, you'll board a small raft and prepare to battle your friends in this watery mess of farming equipment and stranded animals. Armed with a water pistol, fire at various targets and activate a collection of humurous water props and gags. The farm animals and passing guests get in on the fun, firing streams of water at you and activating water props and gags themselves. The wet and wild farm fun is sure to appeal to the whole family!

A few facts:

-Created by Mack Rides

-Similar to River Battle, as seen here:

IMG_35.jpg

-Open from May to September

-Appeals to the whole family

-Adds more water back into Rivertown

-Places a new major attraction on that pathway

-Its addition may require a widening of that pathway system

-A few new pine trees may have to be planted between Barnyard Bash and International Showplace to block out sound and sight during performances

-River Battle's cost was only $5-million- this one's wouldn't be too different

Wow Ty... That's an amazing idea! :D

I'm not sure why they got rid of the old monorail, but maybe they should put the station there and have a trip around the park and get rid of the train.

Edited by KI-Balla

My Dream

The Crypt: RELOCATED

firefall.jpg

(This would look great with Diamondback in the background)

The Crypt has been relocated into the empty lot to make room for a new indoor ride where it previously housed. The relocated Crypt will have excellent themeing and mind-blowing special effects. (We wish.) This experience will be a whole new attempt!

The Temple

(Probably a likely name given by Cedar Fair)

p15357.jpg

(Something like this but smaller and more compact)

Where The Crypt once lied, The Temple is a indoor roller coaster that will make you turn in every direction! Explore the ruins of an old temple in a mine car, trying to avoid hidden traps inside. It will be a thrilling coaster you will never forget!

Edited by Corkscrew

Ty, great idea however Cedar Fair would never do the ride justice (theming wise) especially after seeing photos of what Six Flags did with Buccaneer Battle at Great America. Is there enough room to put a Splash Battle in as well as a decent sized queue? Paradise Coolers could be removed and made the ride entrance.

Possibly a Huss Topple Tower, themed to a totem pole - Totem Tower. It would be a first-of-its-kind for the entire region which would make it quite marketable. I've read that the ride is rather tame which may make it more family friendly however I'm not sure what the height restriction is for those that are out there now.

Corkscrew- I think The Crypt being relocated there would look nice, but I'm not too fond of the coaster concept inside The Crypt's building. So many people think that structure is less-than-appealing, and if The Crypt was moved outdoors, I think it would be best (and easiest) for that building to be demolished.

Geauga Dog- I'm slightly confused- are you saying Buccaneer Battle turned out bad? After looking at photos, I thought it appeared great, very well themed. I don't think it's too much to expect from Cedar Fair, saying it was ever produced.

And a HUSS Topple Tower would look great there. Having ridden one, they are not that intense (or even thrilling), but I think their height restriction is a bit high for their tameness. One could match that area, however.

Ok, I'm just going to comment on everyone's ideas and add my own here. First, for who it was that suggested a Huss Topple Tower, trust me, that ride is not at all thrilling. That's a pretty mild flat ride. It's slow and doesnt really do much. I liked Ty's idea real well. A very unique thing. For that coaster idea, I would actually put that across the midway next to Backlot. The top spin might look good there, and make way for another great coaster where The Crypt currently sits. Perhaps something like a cross between Maverick and Steel Hawg. What I would actually put in the spot in question would be an indoor sit down air conditioned restaurant similar to Game Day Grill with a nice window view of Diamondback. Game Day has a great view of my favorite coaster at Cedar Point, Raptor! I would like to see a place like that, with table service offering free drink refills

as long as you are sitting there. That is my suggestion!

I think in a few years maybe Skyscraper from Cedar Point will maybe make it's way down South. That wouldn't be a bad spot, maybe even put another flat ride there, S&S Screamin' Swing?

Honestly, I wouldn't be against The Crypt being moved outdoors. MAYBE if the building were demolished, leaving only the cavern structure as an "arch" under which the queue enters, it would be cool. Like, if you had to walk under the cave arch and then the ride was physically moved forward so it was visible, that would be awesome.

But I honestly think the issue would be, The Crypt just LOOKS painful. The sheer size of it, you can physically see the look of terror on riders faces. Kings Dominion's Crypt, though, is a suspended top spin, and it looks fun. It has quick, fun swings and it looks smooth and beautiful. Our Crypt, to the casual observer is this huge, multi-ton, 77-person gondola that's so freaking huge it goes flying around with so much force and then goes into these tremendous, heavy-looking, shaky flips that physically rattle riders and each swing has so much force behind it that if there were an elephant standing in front of it on a downswing, I swear the elephant would literally just be obliterated and the riders wouldn't feel a thing.

Its no secret we only had a GIANT Top Spin so that it would be a fitting theatrical vehicle to hold riders looking at scenes. But there's a good reason it didn't do many flips. So I would actually truly say we should ix-nay on the Giant Top Spin if we're going to put it outdoors. A suspended Top Spin would be awesome-looking and great for the energy of the area.

Kings Dominion's Congo area used to be freaking dead. But every night, fire is exploding out of Volcano and The Crypt and tribal drums are echoing all over the place. I feel like Rivertown would be AWESOME with Diamondback's splash flying in the air and flames shooting up from an outdoor, suspended top spin. Keeping the cave arch would just be cool. hahah.

kflkgf.png

P.S. Dig my paint skills?

Pretty much a carbon copy of this, but with our current little cave arch entrance.

tr2.jpg

tr4.jpg

Edited by GoodYellowKoRn182

Geauga Dog- I'm slightly confused- are you saying Buccaneer Battle turned out bad?

No, I think Buccaneer Battle looks great and fairly detailed for the ride it is but seeing how well CF does theming, i.e. Disaster Transport, how they cut back on Maverick's theming compared to how the ride was first rendered when it was announced, and how many of you describe the way they redid Tomb Raider into the Crypt, I just don't see them going all out to make it more of an experience than it being just another ride.

BTW, GYK182, not bad for a paint shop drawing of a Top Spin. I like it. It seems some you would prefer the smaller Top Spin model over the giant version. Makes sense to me since I don't ever recall Tomb Raider ever being fully loaded most of the time. I can't even imagine how much the giant version shakes as the carriage flips, which is probably why it never did multi-flips like Geauga's Texas Twister.

Hmm? a GCI woodie? i am not familiar with the area but could it mabey support a smaller EK?

(EK, despite its size, provides a HELL of a ride!)

evelknievelart2.jpg

^That seems a bit big for the area, although I'm sure it's a lot of fun. My only complaint about that, however, is the noise it'd produce- remember that International Showplace is right next door.

^I agree- something that families can enjoy that doesn't make too much noise. That's why I think a River Battle type attraction would be perfect- sure, you have the occasional shrieks and screams from soaked guests, but the level of sound produced is much less than if it was a roller coaster there.

After reading some of your choices, I think what would be best there is a Nice Sit Down Restaurant that has seats on a second or third floor so you can get some nice views. Next to it will be a garden with a small Antique Cars type ride that goes through some of the garden.

That would be nice because i think a coaster or thrill ride would make that area seem really thrill heavy.

Edited by Gnarkiller

After reading some of your choices, I think what would be best there is a Nice Sit Down Restaurant that has seats on a second or third floor so you can get some nice views. Next to it will be a garden with a small Antique Cars type ride that goes through some of the garden.

I like your idea Beaver, but I don't think all that would fit. Id like just a nice sit down restraunt with a walk around garden. Mabye with a back porch to eat on?