Sign in to follow this  
SonofBeast93

Track for the Blue Racer

I know what you are talking about. I have not rode the Blue side this year because last season it was much rougher than the red. The Red side got some retracking before the 2008 season and I guess they have not got around to doing the blue side yet. Maybe next year.

I rode the blue train last year and at one point I swore I actually felt the train starting to come off the track a little, so that was enough for me for the blue one for a while. Its a shame too, because I loved riding the blue train when it was backwards!

I was at the park on Saturday and rode the Blue train twice. Both times it was perfectly alright. I don't know if it has been re-tracked or anything like that as I sat near the back, but it seemed fine.

Ryan

I rode the blue train last year and at one point I swore I actually felt the train starting to come off the track a little, so that was enough for me for the blue one for a while. Its a shame too, because I loved riding the blue train when it was backwards!

The Blue Trains was never backwards. The Red Trains were.

whoops....my bad.... :doh:

I would think that KI would have rotated it around each year for wear on the tracks and trains... weird...

whoops....my bad.... :doh:

Prior to 2008, each side had one red train and one blue train.

I would think that KI would have rotated it around each year for wear on the tracks and trains... weird...

The reason they switched it back is because Paramount never had permission to run it backwards. Therefore, Cedar Fair switched it back.

Edited by SonofBeast93

Permission from who?I too liked it better backwards I don't like it the way Cedar Fair has it. And it seems it's alot rougher on the blue racer track I banged my elbow really bad last year on it.

Personally back car of the blue train is where I like it best. It hurts, but it gives you that classic out of control wooden coaster feel.

Permission from who?I too liked it better backwards I don't like it the way Cedar Fair has it. And it seems it's alot rougher on the blue racer track I banged my elbow really bad last year on it.

Im guessing from like a roller coaster regulations company or something, thats all thats said though.

The reason they switched it back is because Paramount never had permission to run it backwards. Therefore, Cedar Fair switched it back.

More than likely the manufacter of the trains however, I am willing to bet the real reason Cedar Fair stopped backwards coasters is the cost of insurance. I can't imagine a coaster to run backwards being stopped by the manufacter after over 20 years.

Im sure it was an insurance thing money money money, the ride is definetly worse but the footers are rotted and they are trying to just set wood on the ground instead of fixin the concrete so the track is actually moving up and down about a foot as the trains move and the wood drops into the my, look for it its real bad right out of the station on the dip before the first turn but you can see it everywhere. It would be cool if they fixed it instead if letting it go to hell. CF has no sense of classic rides.

More than likely the manufacter of the trains however, I am willing to bet the real reason Cedar Fair stopped backwards coasters is the cost of insurance. I can't imagine a coaster to run backwards being stopped by the manufacter after over 20 years.

This question came up last year during the Q & A at Fall Freak Out and the answer given was that the manufacturer did not reccommend the trains being rear facing , which I am sure also led to higher insurance but that is just specualtion on my part.

Im sure it was an insurance thing money money money, the ride is definetly worse but the footers are rotted and they are trying to just set wood on the ground instead of fixin the concrete so the track is actually moving up and down about a foot as the trains move and the wood drops into the my, look for it its real bad right out of the station on the dip before the first turn but you can see it everywhere. It would be cool if they fixed it instead if letting it go to hell. CF has no sense of classic rides.

Structures are safer when they have flexibility- there is a reason Eiffel Tower sways on windy days. If the coaster was so "tightly" built that it didn't have room to move, it'd soon come crashing down. The park does not neglect the Racer- this year, the park added a nice blue trim to the station. They may have even done some track-work on the Blue Racer, but having not yet ridden that side, I can not say for certain.

They are trying to return KI to its glory days.

What i was meaning when i said that about the trains and switching each year was that i thought that they would have changed which side opperated backwards, so that each track was getting the same amount of stress and what not each season that way one side would not be rougher than the other.

Structures are safer when they have flexibility- there is a reason Eiffel Tower sways on windy days. If the coaster was so "tightly" built that it didn't have room to move, it'd soon come crashing down. The park does not neglect the Racer- this year, the park added a nice blue trim to the station. They may have even done some track-work on the Blue Racer, but having not yet ridden that side, I can not say for certain.

what im saying is the concrete footer is gone and they put in a 6x6 piece of wood instead and its sinking into the mud 1 ft evertime the trains go over it, and parts of the footers are missing crumbled or rigged in other parts.

Neither are sinking quite as much as our beloved Maggie up at Cedar Point :(

I was kidding. Vortex is not sinking and if Racer was sinking a foot everytime a train runs over it, well..

Neither are sinking quite as much as our beloved Maggie up at Cedar Point :(

I was kidding. Vortex is not sinking and if Racer was sinking a foot everytime a train runs over it, well..

I know you were joking. However sadly I am not. :(