Sign in to follow this  
TombraiderTy

2009 Changes and Additions

They took out the door on the Crypt that opens before you get on the ride and have made it more tamed and only does 2 flips yes 2 FLIPS:( Skywriter is very angry right about now I discovered that today.

^I know the idea has been tossed around many times before, but I would love to see that area developed into a Kings Island History area. It could be very simple- old signs, Phantom Theater character, information boards, ect. The stones could be reused to say what was added to the park each year (1991- Adventure Express, 1992- Phantom Theater, 1993- Flight Deck).

Wow Ty. You sure have an eye for those little things around the park that change. I know that even if I were looking for them I would not see many of these.

On a side note the Haystack Dryer at Cedar Point also features the "Family Dryer" on the top of it. And that fencing looks like the Millie /Wicked Twister fencing I see at Cedar Point. More Cedar Fair influence and I like it!

Ryan

^Well, you did notice the gate outside Rivertown Junction, and the Family Dryer, but I claim credit for spotting the Rivertown Arcade sign and the changed Dog-Pound game, along with Racer's fence :lol:. The others were neither of ours, however.

Edited by TombraiderTy

Rivertown Junction? WTF? I still call that land Rivertown but yea lots of changes some I like some I don't like.

The land is still called Rivertown, however Rivertown Junction refers to the old Wings restaurant.

I'm really wondering when (and if) the former PP will switch over the Pepsi to coincide with the rest of the CF parks. Or if the CF parks will switch over to Coke eventually. It can't be very price-productive to have two different companies providing drinks for half the chain each. I would think it would be cheaper to have then entire chain switched to the same beverage company.

Weather it's Taste of Belgium or Fontana Bistro, it had beer, and that's all I care about. :P

I really like that the park is adding the safety fences around Racer and Vortex (and any other rides that get them in the future). In all honesty, they don't take too much away from the atmosphere - at least they aren't ugly chain-link fences with barbed-wire wrapped around the top. These actually look fairly nice. And it's never a bad thing for a park to take the initiative to bolster safety, especially with what's happened in the past few years at various other parks.

kingsislandmay30th20090.jpg

The third train on Adventure Express has been removed. Temporary? Perhaps, but I personally don't think we'll see it returned- whole. I'd expect it to be used for parts for the other two trains.

This would be unfortunate if true...AE kicks some major *ss in capacity when operating with 3 trains (if the right crew is working).

I don't think this has been mentioned yet but on the Wild Thornberry's instead of the foot pedal to dispatch the boats, there is now a button the ride op presses.

^Really? I've done it a few times this season already and didn't notice it even once. I'll have to look for that next time I ride to snap a photograph and add it to the list. Thanks for sharing that.

^^ I have seen that On International Street across from Skyline many times, infact I think I see it every time I go. But I haven't seen it in Nickelodeon Universe before.

Finally, a look at the soda bottle prices opening day:

kingsislandapril18th200.jpg

And earlier today:

kingsislandmay30th20090.jpg

AH!! You can 44oz pop for $1.29 at speedway!

You can get the same 44oz pop for 69 cents at Shell!

I don't think this has been mentioned yet but on the Wild Thornberry's instead of the foot pedal to dispatch the boats, there is now a button the ride op presses.

On my 06-01 trip, the ride op was terrible at pressing the button at the right time. Every other log was empty because she pressed it to late. What should of been a 10 minute wait literally turned into a half hour.