TombraiderTy

Upcoming Coney Mall Addition?

New Cycle on our Top Spin... I used to hate the restraints on TR:TR... but after riding Twister at Darien Lake, I realize that ours are so much more comfortable and they don't crush your balls as much. I'm not asking for the original 2002 cycle... but a more intense one would be nice... preferably 4 flips and maybe a 1:50 second ride.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say we won't be getting a new cycle on The Crypt. We've had three different cycles in the last three years, and the ride structure itself is so mangled from its origins that it's almost unrecognizable as far as having 66% of its original capacity, a completely different center of gravity, etc. Now it has typical top spin capacity, but the giant frame of it and the tremendously long rows make it so that it can't be properly synchronized with any Top Spin 1, Top Spin 2, or Suspended Top Spin cycles.

I know this is unexpected from me, being mr. Tomb Raider and all, but I truly think we'd be better off with a suspended Top Spin in its place. Like, an EXACT blueprint replica of KD'S Crypt. The collapsed temple, fire, water, "temple" backdrop etc. If we were offered that exact ride, I'd GLADLY take it over our current Crypt as far as ride cycle goes. And I don't know about getting a family coaster... Including the Italian Job and Avatar (which they do, so I will as well), Kings Island has five. That's a third of their coasters being "kid friendly." We don't need more.

This may sound random, but I swear taking out Launch Pad and the old FC queue, that area could be leveled and EASILY fit an Intamin Impulse... Being right across from Juke Box Diner, it could be white, pink, and blue, or whatever, and have a really cool retro, Coney Mall friendly theme!

^If the replacement was decent, I wouldn't mind at all if The Crypt was removed. A GCI coaster could fit great there (although many people would claim that's unrealistic, The Beast being right next door), as could a suspended top-spin, or a family attraction, or something else. I'd prefer to see Launch Pad's site used for a flat-ride probably, however. Can anyone say Ferris Wheel? :)

My thing from the beginning is that they should make The Picnic grove into a quaint little themed area called "The Grove", retaining its woodsy atmosphere and only adding a carousel, a ferris wheel, and something like a wild mouse coaster, all painted a classic white and with those big white lightbulbs lighting them up at night. Like, it would be just this amazing little carnival area with really classy, classic rides all lit up like an old time carnival at night. Plus, a ferris wheel in that location would offer equal parts Kings Island / Boomerang Bay views.

^That'd be cool, but how popular would that be necessarily? I mean, would any of those three attractions draw that many people over there? Think about it- usually the only people who ride Congo Falls came to that area to ride something else. Same with almost all of the park's other minor attractions. I just have a hard time seeing those three attractions pull a lot of people into that area. In my opinion, its current use as a picnic grove is probably the best- it appears to make a good profit, is tucked away (not on "good" land for an addition), and it's just a nice little place.

Well that's because there's nothing there. ;)

I feel like with the addition of even a few family friendly rides, people would stop there on their way back from Boomerang Bay, or go there while exploring / their kids are exploring Nick Universe. Just a thought! But I really would love an Intamin Twisted Impulse in CM. CF likes coasters, and we don't have any Intamin whatsoever, and no ride with a similar experience. It would liven up that "dead end" corner... A ferris wheel might not bring the masses back there.

How many people actually go into the picinic grove between BB and Kings Island? Every time I rode the train, nobody was there...

Companies can rent out parts of it for lunch or dinner while the Backyard BBQ is also hosted there. When I've passed by, I've seen all the shelters filled (on the little board in front) multiple times.

CF likes coasters, and we don't have any Intamin whatsoever, and no ride with a similar experience. It would liven up that "dead end" corner... A ferris wheel might not bring the masses back there.

We have an Intamin- Eiffel Tower :P

And a Ferris Wheel wouldn't attract people back there- Vortex already does the job. A Ferris Wheel would just be an additional family attraction that area, one that guests could ride while other members of their party rode Vortex.

Two things I think Kings Island needs, an S&S Screamin Swing, and a Ferris Wheel. I had to remove the Restrooms to make the Ferris Wheel but I made some new ones in it's place.

2010.png

Both of these two attractions fit in the space, and there is still room for trees/landscaping.

Wow, both of those attractions fit really well there based on that image. The screamin swing might need rotated slightly so it doesnt hit the Racer. If they take out the bathrooms they would definitely have to put in new ones in that area.

The Screamin' Swing does look like it would be great addition there but to have two large rides side by side like that doesn't look right to me. Maybe a Screamin' Swing and a small flat ride would be better. BTW, what Ferris Wheel did you photoshop from?

After looking at the area, it is definitely not big enough to occupy two rides unless they were small flats like Scrambler, Monster, ect...But I could see a S&S Swing being put there. There really fun, high capacity and I hear they are fairly cheap.

^What are you talking about? The overview showed there was more-than-enough room for both a Screamin' Swing AND a Ferris Wheel- remember the area stretches back beyond the fence towards the Racer.

I definately would want a Screamin' Swing at KI. It was one of my favorite rides at Cedar Point. I was one of the only people on it 2 hours after the park opened.

:P