Sign in to follow this  
SonofBeast93

Nickelodeon Leaving Kings Island?

Nice Color scheme! Did you come up with that all by yourself? ;) No that's not scooby-doo colors ty..besides I said it before the nick contract is costly! But since I don't know how to post my RCT2 park and other artwork I'll tell you about it..

I have it down like this...

The Haunted World of Scooby-Doo!

Family rides

You could have a Swinging Pirate Ship themed to the classic Scooby-Doo Villain Red Beard's Ghost...

I called it Redbeard's High Sea Curse

Like this..

Then you could have the spinning tea cups like the Witch's Cauldrons themed to the Ozark Witch.

Ozark Witch's Spinning Cauldrons ( A huge spooky tree surrounds the attraction with spooky ravens crowing on branches above Scooby Doo is seen inside the tree hiding & popping in and out as the ride moves,Shaggy is seen running in fright around the base of the tree with Ozark Witch giving chase)

For the coasters I have ..

The Curse of the Miner 49er which is a themed Chance Morgan Mine Train Coaster.

Mystery Machine:Motor Madness is a Family Coaster(the cars of the coaster are painted like the mystery machine!) The station is themed around an old bus station and the Mystery Inc Gang gives the guests a lift as the coaster begins to take off fred takes a short cut through a creepy cemetary sudden he loses control of the mystery machine due to thick peasoup fog and crashes into an open grave the grave is strangely a secret passage way that leads.. to a huge underground cave.. as you twist around steep curves you avoid stalagmites & boulders a lava pool,bats and you hear eerie moans..spooky howls..and come in contact with shadow creatures who haunt the cave while going side to side and backwards to escape the dreaded creatures you finally find a way out and back onto the road to freedom...

(Take it as you will it's still a work in progress)

I have also have a Wing Rider Coaster themed to Pterodactyl Ghost I named it-Pterodactyl Ghost's Fear Flight.

See it

Scooby Doo's Roller Ghoster-Another family coaster

Scooby Doo & Shaggy's Graveyard Dash-A Kiddie coaster ( A Spooky Spector is after Scooby-Doo & Shaggy it's up to you to help them trap this spooky fiend)

Scooby Doo's Monster Madness is a Dark ride/Coaster(a Twist and Turn Coaster by Intamin) set inside a huge victorian mansion guests would come face to face with the scooby doo gangs most fearsome villains such as the ghost of dr.coffin,the headless horseman of halloween,phantom shadow,tar monster and creeper.you would go through 5 sections inside & out of the mansion which include the great room then the hallway then inside the attic which would lead out into a spooky forest which ultimatlely leads you to a graveyard ...(I call the cars fear karts which would be like a horse buggy...anyway)see what I mean...

And last but not least of my coasters themed to scooby-doo! & villains I have this aquatrax coaster themed to the scooby-doo villains that are based in around or in water such as The Ghost of Captain Cutler,Coral Monster & Creepy''Lighthouse'' Keeper,Sea Monster,Demon Shark..I call it Haunted High Seas of Scooby-Doo!

(sorry about most of them being Intamin I'm fan boy) ;)

As for flat rides/Kiddie ride/more Family rides...

I have a Train named the Mystery Inc Express

(I have some VERY corny names so bare with me please!)

-Spooky Space Kook's UFO Attack(lame name I know)

Huss UFO

-Gator Ghoul's Swamp Stalkers

Huss Air Boats

-10,000 Volt Ghost's Shock Tower

Again Huss..

Scooby-Doo's Phantom Racers

Family Launch Coaster

Intaimin to the rescue!

Mystery Inc's Monster Mash

Bumper Cars

Mystery Inc's Skytower Headquarters

Yet another Huss...

Gargoyle's Night Fright

Ummm...

Scooby-Doo's Haunted World Tour( A ride that visits spooky places of the world it would be educational but fun.)

Yup you can learn while having fun

Diabolical Disc Demon's Music of Horror

Break Dance!

Sky Skeleton's Bi-Planes

Attack of the 30 FOOT SHAGGY

See

I based this on the What's New Scooby-Doo ....Attack of the 30 Foot Shaggy!

Mystery Inc's Carrousel of Horrors

(Chance-Morgan themed carrousel)

Scooby-Doo's Harvest Moon

(A Giant Wheel themed and lights up like a spooky Harvest Moon)

Fred's Mystery Machine

(A Zamperla Crazy Bus)

SNOWGHOST'S SNOWSTORM

(A Zamperla theme energy storm for adults & teens)

Phantom Shadow's Haunt (lame name again I know)

(A Zamperla Windshear themed to a spooky isolated house think TR:The Ride)

Ghoul School-a place were you would learn about monster myths,spooky fables,urban legends.

Coolsville Museum of Criminology-See the costumes of numerous scooby-doo villains such as The Black Knight Ghost,Tar Monster,Phantom Shadow,Ghost Clown,Rambling Ghost,Chickenstein and more!

Halloween Hassle at Dracula's Castle-A Halloween event/party ( Like Mickey's Not-so-Scary Halloween Party @ WDW)

Coolsville Arcade-a restaurant/shop/diner/arcade

Scooby Snacks Factory-a restaurant/shop

Scooby-Doo!Route Scary-Six -it's a restaurant themed around an old abandoned diner on route 66.

Mystery Inc's Shake Shop-Get a old fashion milkshake or homemade ice cream you can also get a classic american meals such as Hamburgers,Hot Dogs, Mac & Cheese and more!

See Tombraiderty it's easy and it would have worlds of different color :P ...

... I have more themed around Fred Jones,Daphne Blake & Velma Dinkly...lemme know if you wanna see em.

Edited by Mr.X

^Could you really theme that many rides, shops, restaurants, and games to Scooby-Doo though? Not that "Scoobyville" wouldn't be cool, however.

Give me a pen and some paper and I could. I love Scooby Doo!

I could to look at all the villian characters you could spinoff onto their own rides!

Ozark witch,mummy,knight,tar monster,high voltage ghost, etc.. then of course the fairly odd coaster could be scooby doo again! Then you could also use shaggy,velma,daphine,and fred with their own rides as well.

Dont forget my favorite scooby character THE CReePer! Around Shaggie's rides you could have like a purple fog machine that would be cool :rolleyes:

If I recall correctly, Nick is leaving because it was on a contract for one and two because Paramount sold the park. Those of you that have more info, please feel free to correct me on this if I am wrong. Anyway, I had heard something mentioned that Snoopy would be replacing the Nick kids area, just like the standard at many other Cedar Fair parks.

I could to look at all the villian characters you could spinoff onto their own rides!

Ozark witch,mummy,knight,tar monster,high voltage ghost, etc.. then of course the fairly odd coaster could be scooby doo again! Then you could also use shaggy,velma,daphine,and fred with their own rides as well.

Dont forget my favorite scooby character THE CReePer! Around Shaggie's rides you could have like a purple fog machine that would be cool :rolleyes:

you know at first thought I did not like the idea of an entire area themed to just Scooby, but I now think it could work. Also it would be something the kids and adults both could relate to since Scooby has remaned popular over the years where some cartoons fade in and out of popularity.

Edited by aaron88stang

^ Thanks! Scooby-Doo has always been big with kids and adults but speaking of concepts anyone remember when Universal Islands of Adventure was being proposed? Anyone remember the proposed Batman Island called Gotham City? It had a Batman action stage show,a batman thrillcoaster I remember seeing the art of guests entering wayne mansion I also remember seeing concept art of that coaster with guests blasting out of the batcave in a batplane it was really detailed.I remember seeing a Robin Coaster of some sort..I also remember Jurassic Park being HUGE because mr.spielberg wanted a separate island dedicated to jurassic park I remember the rides..Jurassic Park Jeep Tour...Raptor Escape..among others.

Anyone remember those?

Edited by Mr.X

^From the July 4 event, I seem to remember parents telling their kids to go stand next to the characters for a photo- I don't remember the kids wanting to do it themselves. But that may have only been the few cases I saw.

I know the contract is ending soon but I thought it was in either 2011 or 2012. I thought there was a mention that the contract had 7 years to go and that was when cf bought the park

Family Guy and sometimes Simpsons episodes are not geared to the younger set. But then again you are looking at what's probably another expensive licensing contract.

Yeah, I doubt you'll be walking through Family Guy Village at Kings Island and hearing Peter's "Cowboy Butt Sex" song anytime soon.

Mr. X, very creative ideas! If a Scooby-Doo area was to replace Nickelodeon Universe, I'd assume they'd simply retheme all the rides, maybe adding only one or two new ones.

But I just still can't see a whole area on one show like that. It just doesn't seem possible, but if anybody wants to draw up a Nickelodeon Universe retheme to Scooby-Doo, I'd be willing to look at it! :)

Thank you Tombraiderty! I worked hard on this the names and themes/concepts in my RCT2 game.I dunno I've been told in the last 6 months numerous times next year scooby-doo & the mystery inc gang will be put to good use at some Cedar Fair owned parks such as Valleyfair and Michigan’s Adventure. I've also heard that Cedar Fair my even re-theme the kiddie area around scooby-doo.That's why I did my RCT2 park with a kiddie land scooby doo theme.I was told in Jan 09 that Great America may get a scooby dark ride if they don't make a deal with the NFL.

What if Nickelodeon was transformed into a Cartoon Network themed area? Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Chowder, Flapjack, Scooby-Doo, ect. I don't think the characters are as well-known as Nickelodeon, but it's far more common than the Peanuts are.

What if Nickelodeon was transformed into a Cartoon Network themed area? Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Chowder, Flapjack, Scooby-Doo, ect. I don't think the characters are as well-known as Nickelodeon, but it's far more common than the Peanuts are.

If that happens, id like the old characters better.

Like Scooby, Dexter, Power Puff Girls, Fosters is alright, but i like the older ones better.

^I have fond memories of watching those older shows, but the age group Nickelodeon Universe is directed at (about 3-12), do they know or remember those shows? They've grown up a new collection of TV shows.

I don't know about the Cartoon Network license but that is a really good idea! I don't know what that would apply to what theme wise anyway Chowder is pretty cool,Flapjack is kinda stupid and a knock off of spongebob.. but fosters is really cool but they don't show it anymore.My nephew is into Ben 10 as for me I miss Dexter's lab,Samurai Jack(LOVED IT ! I MISS IT) & Johnny Bravo.I know the scooby-doo license is with/through Sally Rides,Inc.

I don't know about the Cartoon Network license but that is a really good idea! I don't know what that would apply to what theme wise anyway Chowder is pretty cool,Flapjack is kinda stupid and a knock off of spongebob.. but fosters is really cool but they don't show it anymore.My nephew is into Ben 10 as for me I miss Dexter's lab,Samurai Jack(LOVED IT ! I MISS IT) & Johnny Bravo.I know the scooby-doo license is with/through Sally Rides,Inc.

Jonny Bravo? All I see is a cocky buff dude trying to get with as many chicks as possible, and yet I still love that show! :)

Ride Sally Ride!

skaterboy who just HAD to..

Edited by skaterboy22101

Ben 10 seems to be very popular with elementary-aged kids. I could easily see a flat-ride or coaster based off that show.

Unless I'm mistaken, Star Wars: The Clone Wars plays on Cartoon Network at night. I wonder if a ride based off it would be possible at Kings Island, or if not due to Disney's Star Wars attractions.

Star Wars attraction rights are exclusive to disney from what I've been told...I like Star Wars:Clone Wars sometimes I'll watch it if nothing else is on.I too can see some rides themed to Ben 10 ...

Skaterboy- I loved to watch Johnny Bravo and still do whenever it's on boomerang I love the episode ''A Page right outta History'' In the distant past, an same-named ancestor of Johnny living in Bedrock is rescued by Fred Flintstone, and soon finds himself doing Fred's chores as a way of repaying Fred.... he also keeps hitting on Fred's daughter pebbles.Funny & very amusing.I also love the ''Bravo Dooby Doo'' when he meets up with the scooby-doo gang.

Edited by Mr.X

Star Wars attraction rights are exclusive to disney from what I've been told...I like Star Wars:Clone Wars sometimes I'll watch it if nothing else is on.I too can see some rides themed to Ben 10 ...

Skaterboy- I loved to watch Johnny Bravo and still do whenever it's on boomerang I love the episode ''A Page right outta History'' In the distant past, an same-named ancestor of Johnny living in Bedrock is rescued by Fred Flintstone, and soon finds himself doing Fred's chores as a way of repaying Fred.... he also keeps hitting on Fred's daughter pebbles.Funny & very amusing.I also love the ''Bravo Dooby Doo'' when he meets up with the scooby-doo gang.

I forgot all about Bommerang! Lets theme Nick-U out of Bommerang shows!!

You know I've gone back and forth about posting this cuz I don't want to get in trouble but I remembering when Nick Central/Nick Universel was still a concpet I remember seeing,talking about it and I might have some concept artwork around here someplace I will post any if I find em...

-Rocko's Modern Coaster- A Family Coaster (If I remember correctly Runaway Reptar took over this theme I remember the concept artwork you entered Rocko's house and the coaster went in and out of his home)

-Ren & Stimpy:Stimpy's Booger Coaster ( I remember being told this got the cut due to it being too gross the coaster was booger green!!!)

-Catdog Snack Shack

-Hey Arnold:Taxi Chase( A family coaster I think KD got it I'm not sure on that)

-Blue's Clue Coaster - A kid coaster ( like scooby-zoom)

-Angry Beaver's Spooty Spin-A water ride kinda like WWTRA ( I known this got built but i forget the park it was built at)

That's all I remember at the moment if I find any artwork I'll give it to PKIDelirium...