Sign in to follow this  
SonofBeast93

Nickelodeon Leaving Kings Island?

Although many forum members miss Hanna-Barbera, I personally prefer Nickelodeon. It's what I grew up with and it's what's popular with kids today. Many kids are clueless who George Jetson or Yogi Bear are, but they know SpongeBob and Dora the Explorer. I would much rather see Nickelodeon than Peanuts or a generic theme.

I like it, but it takes away some of the historical significance of the place. Like i really wish they would bring Phantom Theater back. Not to mention the stupid elephant that squirts you at the end of the Wild Thornberry's Adventure.

^With PT, SDATHC proves much more popular than that did. It's more familiar with both adults and children and, honestly, is more fun of an attraction. It's interactive while PT was a simple dark-ride.

And I've never understood why people complain about a water feature on a water ride... :P

Although many forum members miss Hanna-Barbera, I personally prefer Nickelodeon. It's what I grew up with and it's what's popular with kids today. Many kids are clueless who George Jetson or Yogi Bear are, but they know SpongeBob and Dora the Explorer. I would much rather see Nickelodeon than Peanuts or a generic theme.

I know exactly what your saying. I grew up watching Nickelodeon but it was Rugrats, Hey Arnold, Doug, ect. But I grew up with HB at KI. I miss it alot, but I bet no kids now days know who Fred Flintstone is. I think Nickelodeon is Better for KI, but personally I'd rather have HB.

^When in 1st, 2nd, 3rd grade, still frequently visiting the kiddie area, I was clueless who Top Cat or Antom Ant or most other characters were. I did know about Jetsons, Yogi Bear, Flintstones, and Scooby-Doo, however.

^When in 1st, 2nd, 3rd grade, still frequently visiting the kiddie area, I was clueless who Top Cat or Antom Ant or most other characters were. I did know about Jetsons, Yogi Bear, Flintstones, and Scooby-Doo, however.

Same for me. I only knew the Jetsons, Scooby, Flintstones, Yogi Bear, and maybe a few others. But alot of them I had no idea who they were.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if Nick were leaving next season. The Nickelodeon contract expires next season for the park, and it wouldn't be a shocker if NU turned into Planet Snoopy or something along the lines of that.

Eh, Peanuts>Nickelodeon

When I was growing up I remembered watching Scooby, Jetsons, Yogi Bear, Flintsones, and Top cat. I watched some Nickelodeon but never really liked it as much as I did HB shows. I would love for them to change back to HB but i doubt they ever will.

Keep in mind that Hanna Barbara has come up with new characters since the 70's. Dexter's Lab, Johnny Bravo, Cow and Chicken, Grimm Adventures of Billy & Mandy, The Powerpuff Girls, etc. But since Hanna Barbara was absorbed into Warner Brothers and the newer characters (Camp Lazlo, Ben 10, Codename: Kids Next Door, etc) are produced under the banner of Cartoon Network these days, I don't know how this would fly as far as using anything created beyond the late 90's. Perhaps the park could just create there own characters rather than base it all on pre-established properties?

But then again, who are you really trying to entice into coming to a kid's themed play area? The kids or the parents who will be driving them to the park and paying for the admissions, snacks and souvenirs? It might be a smart idea to appeal to the moms and pops with cartoon characters they grew up with, which in this case would probably be the late 80's through all of the 90's.

Just thoughts...

How about Family guy land? Or land of the simpsons?

I think it would be funny for stewie and the gang to be walking around and I would love a picture with QUAGMIRE!

Not to mention getting one with bart simpson , homer or the comic book guy. Retheme the rides after those shows I think people watch both and it would work!

Here's my 2 Cents....

I grew up with both worlds Hanna-Barbera & Nickelodeon.The HB toons I loved as a kid were The Flintstones,The Jetsons, & Yogi Bear,Jabber Jaw and my favorite out of them all was Scooby-Doo! I got really excited when it came on..now moving on to Nick I watched Rugrats(Nicktoon Favorite),Doug,AHHH Real Monsters,Ren & Stimpy,The Angry Beavers,Hey Arnold and last but not least Rocko's Modern Life.Now I know for a fact that kids know who The Flintstones are I mean they are still timeless as ever they are used in product placements(Go to postopia and KidsWB.com) and they are meet & greets at Universal Studios Orland & Hollywood they also are at many six flags parks. Funny story my youngest niece she's three years old loves her flintstone vitamins she even knows fred's classic saying ''Yabba Dabba Doo''she will say ''Yabba dabba do'' after she takes her vitamin for the day cute very cute.I doubt kids of today have any clue who The Jetsons are same with Yogi Bear it saddens me that most of them hardly know of The Smurfs but come next year they will same with Yogi Bear...

With that begin said I just want to say I've been told and have know for a long while that Cedar Fair had been thinking of getting rid of Nick for one the contract is very costly and two I've heard they want to re-theme most of the former paramount parks kids areas to Scooby-Doo and/or Peanuts I know Great America may be getting some or a Scooby-Doo themed ride(s) here soon with that being said ... Don't make me say I told you so... ;)

^Oh and that's a fantastic Idea but Dexter's Lab & Powerpuff Girls fall under the Cartoon Network banner unless Cedar Fair re-themed the entire area to Cartoon Network then it would work you'd have some classic characters for the parents and characters that the kids love.

Edited by Mr.X

I think it would be funny for stewie and the gang to be walking around and I would love a picture with QUAGMIRE!

Not to mention getting one with bart simpson , homer or the comic book guy. Retheme the rides after those shows I think people watch both and it would work!

Yes i agree that would be very funny, but not for children. That area has been created for the younger kids to enjoy. Family Guy and The Simpsons are adult shows that are not appropriate for the particular area.

The Nickelodeon contract expires next season for the park, and it wouldn't be a shocker if NU turned into Planet Snoopy or something along the lines of that.

Are you sure it's this soon? I remember a 2006 Cincinnati Enquirer article listed the number of years listed on the Nickelodeon contract. Now if I wasn't so lazy and would just go retrieve it from my room....

Universal Studios Hollywood and Florida both installed The Simpsons Ride in 2008. Very entertaining and funny.

Don't get me started I HATE Family Guy with a firey passion don't care for American Dad never watch it mainly cuz I don't like seth mcmoron. I watch the simpsons every sunday(HUGE simpsons fan) and the simpsons ride is so funny and fun. I loved family guy at first but then quickly got sick of the mockery of god and the interchangeable jokes it got too stale to fast.

Back on Topic... I know the contract expires soon very soon I was talking about the other day with a good friend of mine.FYI they could be just selling some overstock and gearing up for some new Nicktoon items for the new season.

Edited by Mr.X

Family Guy and sometimes Simpsons episodes are not geared to the younger set. But then again you are looking at what's probably another expensive licensing contract.

When KI brought the HB characters out last year for appearances, how did kids react to them? Back in the day I thought it was pretty cool to be greeted by Dino, Captain Caveman, Fred, Barney, Snagglepuss, and Quickdraw McGraw at the gate at opening.

^From the July 4 event, I seem to remember parents telling their kids to go stand next to the characters for a photo- I don't remember the kids wanting to do it themselves. But that may have only been the few cases I saw.

Are you sure it's this soon? I remember a 2006 Cincinnati Enquirer article listed the number of years listed on the Nickelodeon contract. Now if I wasn't so lazy and would just go retrieve it from my room....

I'm fairly sure the Nickelodeon contract expires in the 2010 season. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

EDIT:: May 22, 2006

http://www.ultimaterollercoaster.com/news/...060522_01.shtml

During a conference call Kinzel said that the license to feature the Nickelodeon cartoon characters such as SpongeBob SquarePants will continue. The license deal with Nickelodeon lasts for four more years and may be extended to include Cedar Fair's parks.
Edited by SH0X

Hmmm So my friend was correct then? I wonder if they will renew the contract. I wouldn't mind see a Haunted World of Scooby-Doo! theme take over NU I hear the Scooby contract which is with sally rides is a lot cheaper than nick.

Sure why not Scooby-Doo has over 300 epsiodes..it would be kinda easy.Hey ty got any ideas? you can come up with some creative stuff ...The Haunted World of Scooby-Doo... you could even theme rides to the villains..think of the ...spooks..ghouls..monsters..etc.

^You could, but the brightly-colored and varied themes in Nickelodeon Universe are much more attractive than a dozen-and-a-half rides all painted shades of green, black, gray, and purple.