Sign in to follow this  
kingsisland101

What needs to be removed/fixed at Kings Island!

I remember when AE opened in 1991 my best friend and I were so excited to ride it and after we did we caught the coaster bug! we were bitten...HARD!

Edited by Haunted Castle Guy

-New guest-controlled squirt-guns/water-cannons for Congo Falls (operated for a small fee by passing guests, non-riders could soak people aboard Congo Falls via a water cannon, squirt-gun, or other means)

I usually like most of your ideas...but not this one! One of the things I love about Congo Falls is that you can ride it and not always get wet...if I actually want wet I just stand on the bridge. :)

^Haha, I bet many others would agree with you. However, isn't a tad odd, riding a water ride, not wanting to get wet? :huh:

And I can't believe I forgot this one...

To be honest, the price for food at Kings Island is way too outrageous. Why pay $2.79 for a cheese coney when I can get one for far less outside the park? The amount I've dined at the park has greatly reduced since 2007 with the rising prices. I would love to see the park try something like the Cincinnati Reds are doing.

mmmmm..Redlegs chew candy and beer! :P I'm all for a Dollar Menu I don't eat at the park at all! I go to taco bell or burger king on the way home.I love that idea of yours ty I would love to squirt people while on congo falls...wait a sec...I thought they changed the name back to Amazon Falls!?!

Stupid! This post has been edited by Haunted Castle Guy! I hate that thing!

Stupid! This post has been edited by Haunted Castle Guy! I hate that thing!

Same here...it just ruins the flow of the board...especially if all that was edited was a spelling error.

And I can't believe I forgot this one...

To be honest, the price for food at Kings Island is way too outrageous. Why pay $2.79 for a cheese coney when I can get one for far less outside the park? The amount I've dined at the park has greatly reduced since 2007 with the rising prices. I would love to see the park try something like the Cincinnati Reds are doing.

I agree. I paid $6.99 for a 6 inch sub! That's a joke. When I asked for a footlong, the lady told me that they only sold 6 inch subs. Could you imagine paying $14.00 for a footlong sub?

I ended up paying $12 something for a 6 inch, a cookie, and a bottled water. Then when I wanted to get some fudge, it was $7 too. That made me a little upset actually. $3 or $4 is reasonable, but $7?

I often eat a big meal prior to coming to the park and after I get home. I used to purchase the cheese coneys, but their price jumped 50-cents half-way through the 2008 season. They're now even more expensive.

The prices are already high enough, but it's worse when the signs aren't correct. While at Midway Treats and Eats (It's Fried), I ordered a pizza flat bread. The large menu on the wall said it was about $4.50ish, but I was asked to pay nearly $5.50. When I asked about the price on the board, the employee responded, "Oh those are the prices from last year." Obviously, I was not at all happy about this. I should of went to GR and let them know about this issue.

kingsislandapril25th200.jpg

I'm with Ty on this one. I eat a huge meal before I leave or right before I get there. Then when I get hungry if I plan on staying longer I just get a snack like fries or something and then leave when I get hungry again.

However if I am taking a full day trip or a long trip to like Cedar Point I usually pack sandwiches and drinks and go outside the park to eat them when I want to take a break.

Ryan

I barley eat while at Kings Island. If I do, I go to International Street Skyline Chili. It's a little more expensive to get it at KI but $5 isn't bad for a Regular 3-Way.

yeah i usually eat a moderate breakfast before heading to the park ( because im too excited to eat a big meal and i cant eat a lot when thats the case lol ) and then i only eat one meal in the park. outside that i wait until the day is over if im hungry because yeah, the prices are outrageous. i also sneak in a bottle of water with me and when i drink it all i just fill it up at the fountains. its just ridiculous to pay over $3 for a bottle of water!!! if i do end up buying a bottled water ill do the same thing...keep the bottle and fill it up in the fountains.

I don't eat at the park at all! My friends or if I'm with my family we always get something on the way home mostly Taco Bell or Burger King.Topgun1993 I would have been :cussing: at em for not fixing the prices I would have told them to give the price you've got posted and if not I would have went to GR that's bull****!!! Sorry crap like that gets me fighting mad! they had all season to fix that ....

The best option for water is to just take a souvenir cup/water bottle with you to the park. Assuming things haven't changed since last year, you can take it to the park with you and have it filled with ice water for free at any food stand. Even the sodas aren't a bad deal as it's only $1.99 to have them refilled with soda.