Sign in to follow this  
kingsisland101

What needs to be removed/fixed at Kings Island!

Hello, I’ve been thinking for a while about what should be removed or fixed at kings island. Well, here’s what I think.

The Beast

Re-tracked

Stained

New trains/restraints

Tunnels re-made

New/renovated station

New/renovated queue line

The Vortex

New station

Structure painted

New Vekoma cars

Firehawk

Touch-up paint

New Vekoma cars

More grass and landscaping

Invertigo

New paint job

New seats and resirants

New landscaping

New queue line

Flight deck

New trains

New station

New look(paint and landscaping)

New enterance

This is not all of what I think needs to be done but I'm doing some research and looking at photos of kings island. I will post later on when there is more comments

Edited by kingsisland101

A lot of things do need improvement but they are still fine the way they are. If they ever changed anything, I would want it to be the renovation of Flight Deck.

With all due respect, Kings Island just got by far the lion's share of capital expenditures for the 2009 season. Given that Cedar Fair is more than $1.72 BILLION (that's 1700 million, or more than enough to pay for 78 Diamondback coasters!) in debt, has parks and acreage for sale, and was apparently unable to refinance just recently, you should be happy if Kings Island gets two new flower pots and a renovated drinking fountain for 2010. It may, in fact, get a new owner. This is simply not the time to be doing huge laundry lists of where money could be spent at Kings Island. Unless, of course, this is purely a fantasy thread.

Let's just hope the economy starts to recover soon and the credit market gets back to normal so the debt can be refinanced. Then maybe some of this stuff could be more than fantasy. :)

Yeah I agree The Crypt needs to be rethemed!

-I'd like to have the Racer become the Recar once agin(I'd like to see it backwards again)

-More Hanna-Barbera Meet & Greet's I would like to get a hug w/ my nephew from Fred Flintstone,Barney Rubble & Dino at the front gate wouldn't mind seeing Yogi Bear & George Jetson,Astro either (FYI at Universal Studios Hollywood they have the flintstones meet and greet at the NEW the Flintstones BBQ-Pitt & at Universal Studios Orlando they have meet & greets with Scooby-Doo & Mystery Inc.)

- Flight Deck needs to be rethemed I hate that name & theme it's so corny!

-Invertigo needs painted but I'm not picky still can't ride it makes me dizzy.

-Cheaper food in the park I'm tired of eating at 11pm at Taco Bell and Burger King.(I know not gonna happen still wanted to put it out there)

-Flight of Fear need some work a nice coat of paint would do the trick.

that's all I can think of ...for now.

Edited by Mr.X

I'll be happy if they just pressure wash the ground this year, especially areas that use bricks instead of black top. But with that said, that photo on this site of the two Diamond Back cars in front of the fountain, the ground in that shot looks very clean.

Lets take out The Crypt and but in a really nice flat, Ferris Wheel?

Also, take out Action Theatre and put a nice kiddy coaster back there.

Firehawk? Bye. Lets put an Intiman launch coaster. Mabye something like TTD?

They should really remove those wall panels on Racers brake runs, there always nasty.

They have those so no one on the lift hill will throw something down there and hit someone.

Sorry for DP.

Flight Deck gets brand new paint scheme, Racer gets restored to it's original colors, Delirium Gets Repainted, Add more landscaping throughout the park, have 'Hero music' playing on International Street, Have more International Souvenirs and food on Int. St., Have Pepsi Products, The next few new attractions should be classic rides for Coney Mall, and maybe a waterpark addition.

Flight Deck gets brand new paint scheme, Racer gets restored to it's original colors, Delirium Gets Repainted, Add more landscaping throughout the park, have 'Hero music' playing on International Street, Have more International Souvenirs and food on Int. St., Have Pepsi Products, The next few new attractions should be classic rides for Coney Mall, and maybe a waterpark addition.

Honestly, lets rent a bull dozer and demolish BB. It's a waste of space. That could be a BIG park expansion. Put some nice flats, a nice woodie, some shops, restraunts.

Honestly, lets rent a bull dozer and demolish BB. It's a waste of space. That could be a BIG park expansion. Put some nice flats, a nice woodie, some shops, restraunts.

Boomerang Bay isn't a waste, on Hot Days (especially during weekends) The water park gets extremely crowded. You may not like it, but alot of people do. And it does help bring in money, I think if we got a few new modern slides and another restaurant and gift shop, and Boomerang Bay will be a great water park and it will bring in even more money.

Boomerang Bay isn't a waste, on Hot Days (especially during weekends) The water park gets extremely crowded. You may not like it, but alot of people do. And it does help bring in money, I think if we got a few new modern slides and another restaurant and gift shop, and Boomerang Bay will be a great water park and it will bring in even more money.

I personaly go to KI to ride the rides, not slide on the slides!

Remove Action Theater. I always never cared for the simulators' location between the Racer's turnarounds.

Remove Launch Pad. That may happen soon seeing the area next to it has been cleared. Besides those trampoline things have popped up in at least two malls up here. Not sure if they've done the same in the Cincy area.

Replace the asphalt in some areas with something that's more comfortable to walk on when it's hot and the heat isn't bouncing back on you. IIRC Coney Mall has a lot of sealed cracks in its pavement in some places.

I consider Boomerang Bay as being one of the better in-park water parks. It has a good variety of attractions (puts Wildwater Kingdom to shame). I would like a better wave pool with slightly bigger waves. With Carowinds and Kings Dominion getting a second wave pool in recent years I can see this happening soon at KI.

FireHawk fits in if you think about it....

Had a flying saucer landed, there would be a plane or chopper flying around to make sure the area is secure from above.

I agree with any attempt to add more classic rides to Coney. I am still rooting for a tilt-a-whirl.

I happen to like BB in the summer. I can usually do all slides and coasters I WANT to ride in one day. How about a free fall slide?! woo hoo!

Let's just hope the economy starts to recover soon and the credit market gets back to normal so the debt can be refinanced. Then maybe some of this stuff could be more than fantasy. :)

AGREED! :doh:

With all due respect, Kings Island just got by far the lion's share of capital expenditures for the 2009 season. Given that Cedar Fair is more than $1.72 BILLION (that's 1700 million, or more than enough to pay for 78 Diamondback coasters!) in debt, has parks and acreage for sale, and was apparently unable to refinance just recently, you should be happy if Kings Island gets two new flower pots and a renovated drinking fountain for 2010. It may, in fact, get a new owner. This is simply not the time to be doing huge laundry lists of where money could be spent at Kings Island. Unless, of course, this is purely a fantasy thread.

I guess you gotta spend money to make money

I personally love the water park.For alot of reasons for one since Im not 12 like a lot you on here I like most of the scenery at the watepark and I enjoy the slides and being cool on a hot day. Im not a huge coaster fan because the ones I have rode (racer,adv. express,) beat and bang in the car and hurt my knees. Im not a big fan of going upside down and so I like the smaller rides and love the water park.

I think that with all the complaints on it son of beast should be taken out for a coaster that would actually work most of the time and not always be hurting people and getting complaints. I would also do away with top gun,adventure theater and any ride with low ridership to make way for newer more possibly successful rides that actually operate. For you young people on here here is a thing about buisness in order to make money you need to draw a crowd it is simple economics that if rides are down more then up the draw for those rides are small as the ride is questionable and you could use the room for something new.Look this year KI puts diamondback in and will have a huge crowd all year because of one ride.In order to draw more interested friends spend the money to remove older less rider ship rides for new ones that will get people in the park! That is how you will make money.In order to get a return you have to inVEST!

Also I would try someway to make the train more interesting for people. If you are not hitching a ride to BB it is extremly boring! I would either make it the way it use to be with live actors and props or take it out for a more modern faster tram that would have a couple hills or curves. The L train in Cleveland is more fun to ride then the KIMVRR!