Sign in to follow this  
hardyridesthemall

Diamondback's working title/original branding?

I heard a rumor that the working title or "name" for the new Diamondback coaster was originally going to be either Bionic Beast/Beast 3 or "B3" for short... Is there any truth to this? I do find it ironic that its got red and yellow track (which share the colors of the Beast's and original Son of Beast's cars).

I also find the name "Diamondback" to be quite generic. Could they have decided at the last minute to change the name to avoid more lackluster comparisons to the original Beast coaster? (Like SOB still gets today)

I've never heard this rumor... Among all the names mentioned pre-announcement, this was not one of them. Of course people were suggesting another Beast spawn, but it never seemed overly possible....

How can the name Diamondback be generic, when there is only one other coaster that shares the name? And it is even spelled differently (Diamond Back). I actually think it's a pretty cool name and theme.

http://www.rcdb.com/qs.htm?quicksearch=diamondback

Don Helbig thought-up the "Diamondback" name himself. I don't think there were ever plans to actually call it anything with "Beast" in it, although it may have been tossed around in the early naming stages.

BIONIC BEAST! :hysterical: Now THAT would be up there with Flight Deck in the stupid names thing. Just imagine the sign. The beast's paws replaced with two robot arms and red laser eyes. I'd seriously die laughing. That would've been true proof that Cedar Fair was in the house!

I heard of Outlaw in the early stages when I just heard they were coming out with a new coaster at KI. But B3 kinda sounds cool. But Bionic-Beast..aha!

Edited by KI-Balla

I like all the horse themed things to be honest. Bronco, Outlaw, Mustang... While Diamondback has really grown on me, I do recall that my initial thought was "Rivertown isn't a ghost town in some desert where a snake would be. It's supposed to be a woodsy, water-y, settlement town. A snake just doesn't fit." I think a horse name or "Outlaw" would've fit splendidly. But I like Diamondback plenty! I literally would've cried from laughter / despair if it was Bionic-freakin-Beast hahha.

I like the name Diamondback! I know that when they built the Raptor at Cedarpoint, it had a different name, but I can't remember what it was. I know that Cedarpoints' coasters seem to have a common letter of "M" to them! But either way, I love coasters so bring them on!!!!

^^^^

LOL!

B3 wouldn't be that bad of a name. But given that the themeing for the area is western and there isn't room for a 3rd "Beast" series coaster, Diamondback fits it perfectly.

I think anything remotely related to The Beast should be wooden. I think FOC should go back to being the Beastie.

B3 or Bionic Beast is just stupid sounding to me.

B3 technically is SOB.

^^

Haha! Like every single employee at Kings Island has some kind of hive mentality where they all think the same thing at the same time. All at once, they all shouted "DIAMONDBACK! It's PERFECT!"

*twitch*

DIAMONDBACK! It's PERFECT!

...eh? :blink:

:lol: