Sign in to follow this  
PKIDelirium

1971/72 Kings Island Construction Video

That video was absolutely awesome! I love checking out photos and stuff of parks under construction.

The Racer really looked majestic back then and seeing the Eiffel Tower under construction makes me appreciate it even more.

I enjoyed watching that. Although it is strange to me that Rivertown is called Fronteirland.

Awesome!!!

i could watch videos like this all day!

it makes me wish they would re- paint the racers seeing how nice and fresh they looked in that vid!

I remember my first visit to the park was in 1979! I rode the Beast in its first season with my dad! I was 9 years old! It was so big to me! I remember when we got to the second chain lift, I thought the ride was over, bot I was suprised when I found out it wasn't! I came there last year and it was nice to be back and take my kids on the ride! It is hard to believe it is 30 years old! Time goes so fast!

Dennis Speigel found this film in his attic of his office back in January of this year. i had been working on the documentary and had asked if he had any old film footage. When he found it he gave me a call and I had it transfered to DVD and DigiBeta for him. It is posted on his company's website International Theme Park Services. His vice president also put it up on youtube. I'm glad Dennis found this goldmine. Dennis Speigel owns the original film. It was produced by the Gunselmans who also filmed the introduction to WKRP in Cincinnati.

Nate Byrum

WCET-TV Cincinnati

^It's awesome that he was able to find the film, although I seriously wonder how most copies apparently just vanished... At least one of them was known in 1992, based off the Racer clip being featured in Kings Island's 20th Anniversary TV special: Here

^Or if they just added a few different things to the former Paramount Story... The Walk of Fame is a start, it being about park history, but how about replacing the stones in the pathway with years and additions (1981- The Bat, 1987- Vortex, ect.)? And adding some old ride/shop/restaurant signs here-and-there. Maybe even including a Phantom Theater character, perhaps in a glass display case to "preserve" it. It'd spruce up that area, cause quite honestly, it's pretty dead right now- the water features inside of it haven't been on at all in 2009, and the small pond at the end has been filled with rainwater, turning it a black color... not very pleasant :P

^That sucks as a lot of that stuff would be awesome to include if they were to, let's say, turn the former International Restaurant into a full blown Kings Island museum.

If you go in thee it is kinda a museum, ever been in the old conference room, or the executive room......whooo I tell ya its amazing!!!!

He told me that Paramount got rid of a bunch of the photos he had taken for Taft when they owned it.

I would have been PROUD to have been dumpster diving during that time period!