Sign in to follow this  
Valleyfair-Freak

Halloween Haunt 2009

How popular is Kings Island's VIP Tour, by the way? Because I'm registered to get Kings Island's Twitter Updates on my phone, and about once every three weeks I get one like "Jim and Suzy Smith had a VIP Tour today! They really liked it." Are they only having one tour every three weeks or whatever?

They go on to say in the press release:
Daytime tickets will be valid for re-entry into Halloween Haunt on these days.

And so they do. I had been up all night when I read that and it all didn't sink in.

I did see at the park tonight that they now have Halloween Haunt and Pumpkin Fest displays up as your going in the gate. Got my picture with some skeletons sitting on a bench.

^They were used for 2007's Haunt. I personally love to see pieces of park history recycled for the event, including Phantom Theater characters since 2003, Phantom Theater cars since 2006, King Cobra cars in 2006, Son of Beast cars in 2007, parking lot trams in 2007 (?), and a few other different items.

If they can pull off getting people out of the park the way they get guests out of the water park when it closes, it should be fine. Most people don't come to the park on Saturdays during the Haunt until roughly around 4-5:00; other than Nick Universe and the Picnic Grove, the rest of the park remains slightly empty, like what you would see on a normal weekday.

However, seeing as how the calendar mentions the park is closed on the 26th (Private Engagement with Toyota, I believe) but it's a Haunt night, that may be their test day to see how well they can get guests out of the park from 6-7:00 before trying this on regular park guests the weekend after.