Sign in to follow this  
Valleyfair-Freak

Halloween Haunt 2009

From the KI Twitter feed:

Halloween Haunt expanded for 2009! Select Thursdays (Oct. 8 & 15) and Sundays (Oct. 11 & 18) added to Haunt operating calendar.

Haunt on two Thursdays and Sundays. Should be interesting.

im excited about it being open sundays and thursdays. im just worried that even though the crowds would definately be lower there might be staffing issues, and basically an inferior haunt experience. anyone have any thoughts on this?

im hoping the crowds will be extremely extremely light like they were last year when i went on the very last day of the season. im going to be in college this year so im wanting to try and save my last trip of the season either the second to last or last day the park is open.

but i do have a question, how are the crowds on the actual night of Halloween?

^The only piece of info we've been given is from back in January, when it was said Red Beard's Revenge would return as a scare-zone where The Worksite has been since 2006. Of course, things may have changed since that was announced.

I heard (and I know none of you will believe me considering my post count) that there will be a new maze other than Red Beard's relocation. Just what I heard though.

Makes sense. They seem to have added at least one new maze each year. Let to mass speculation begin...

PUT THE CRYPT BAT THE TIP OF THE EIFFEL TOWER. SILHOUETTED AGAINST THE MOON... Ah, I feel a promotional image coming on!

How would you get it up there?

Clifford.

There’s nowhere to run and nowhere to hide. Screams of pure panic pierce the night. There’s nowhere your safe in the most immersive horror experience around – Halloween Haunt at Kings Island!

Halloween Haunt 2009 has been expanded to 16 terrifying nights and features more blood, more terror, and more gore than ever before! The bloodcurdling horror and mind-bending terror of Halloween Haunt features more than 500 ghastly creatures emerging from the darkness, 13 highly-intense and bone-chilling haunted attractions and some of the most hair-raising rides on the planet including Diamondback, a 230-foot tall monster that slithers its way around 5,282 feet of track at speeds up to 80 miles per hour!

Halloween Haunt at Kings Island. All You Fear Is Here!

Thursdays from 7:00pm until Midnight

- October 8, 15

Fridays from 7:00pm until 1:00am

- September 25; October 2, 9, 16, 23, 30

Saturdays from 7:00pm until 1:00am

- September 26; October 3, 10, 17, 24, 31

Sundays from 7:00pm until Midnight

- October 11, 18

Parents, be advised: Halloween Haunt includes graphic scenes, suggestive themes and intense imagery and is intended for mature audiences; not recommended for children. No one and nothing is off limits!

Note: Kings Island will close every Saturday and the two Haunt Sundays (October 11, 18) at 6:00pm. This allows our guests that do not want to be exposed to Halloween Haunt the chance to escape. Gates to the underworld will open with our signature WALL OF MONSTERS every Halloween Haunt night at 7:00pm. Daytime tickets will be valid for re-entry into Halloween Haunt on these days.

MORE INFORMATION COMING SOON!

Source:http://www.visitkingsisland.com/events/eve...13&ec_id=15

I made bold the part that is new and I'm not sure it's going to work.

Do you think Halloween will be busier this year since it is on a Saturday? I can probably make 1 trip to HH this year so I'll be looking for suggestions as to which weekend will be the least busy.

probably not halloween day. honestly, the weather seems to be a big factor.if it is cold so fewer people come, at least from my experience. also, in the early weeks its normally less crowded as people arent focused on halloween just yet. i happen to be going on those thursdays and sundays they are now open, though....

I may be wrong, but I think the whole closing at 6:00 to reopen at 7:00 thing has been used each year in one form or another, just to differenciate the two events. It just somewhat says "the park stops being family friendly at 6:00." That way, kids aren't being rushed out of the dark screaming and crying through the monsters at the front gate.

I don't think the park actually "closes." I know Universal's Islands of Adventure literally does close, but that's because its Halloween Horror Nights is a separately gated event, and the whole park is transformed into scare zones. Everything Kings Island needs to set up is already set up off the typical path. Plus, it's not like they really can say "Every ride shuts down at 6:00 and you must leave the park." Kids can't get picked up only to be brought back in 45 minutes; Lines for Firehawk would have to be cut at like, 3:30, 4:00 to be sure everyone was out of the park at 6:00... It would be messy. I think the hour long transition period is just a chance to get out and make annoucements that the fog machines are gonna start churning away.

its not the same. you will be ushered out of the park at 6. the only thing im not sure about is the line clearing. i dont know if they will let you stay in line or what. I do know that either way, its going to be a nightmare with a giant crowd of people that has to wait an hour to get into halloween haunt every saturday...

Does anyone know if this is the case actually shutting the park down at 6 and making everyone leave then come back in at 7 ?

Yes sir, it is the case.

Quoted from the other site, from a Moderator. it really is the case.

but they do get other information than is actually listed in press releases. They would not post something they didnt know was a fact. I dont understand how you can not believe that.