Sign in to follow this  
Valleyfair-Freak

Halloween Haunt 2009

Just curious as to what ya'll think you'll get/want for the 2009 season for the Halloween Haunt. Seems like Urgent Scare did a fine job, and KI will most likely expand again. Your thoughts?

Edited by TombraiderTy

I'm sure they would relocate it somewhere weather it be the other side of IJST (closed pathway of 08)

Action Zone would make a better location for "The Worksite" and move "Cornstalkers" back the closed rivertown pathway of 08 (which is reopening in 09)

^I was thinking the same thing may occur- Redbeard's Revenge where The Worksite was in 2008, CornSTALKERS where it was back in 2007, and The Worksite to where CornSTALKERS was in 2008.

yea I really like that idea way better and im really anxious to hear what the actual haunted houses are!!

WOW :o isnt it early to talk about Halloween! I mean I like Halloween but I won't attend HH don't care for the ''Hollywood Horror Halloween Treatment'' I'm keeping a tight grip on my $Money$ I did attend the Halloween Kids event last year it was really cool.

I agree that would look fantastic, but I think they'd only do it if they can keep the dye from staining the concrete in the pool.

Thinking about it, I think a combination of fog on top of the splash pool and red flood lights dousing the fog and rooster tails red would make an awesome visual effect, better than simply dying the water red.

Can they make colored fog? If so they could make red fog, with red lights shining into the splashdown, and it would actually look cooler than just red water. I also hope some of the fog from the midway makes it's way back into the woods around Diamondback.

I don't think you can make colored fog because the density of the colored dye is different than the water used to make the fog so they would seperate when the water turned into vapor. I could be wrong, but I have never seen color fog. A quick google search confirms that the only way to color fog is with lights or use smoke instead of fog.

Well, they could just shine lights into the splashdown, and just let the fog make it's way to the splashdown instead of adding it there. Anyone else think it would be cool if they put a huge fake snake in the splashdown too?

it prob would look cool if they had a snake in the water but it cant be a lousy one that looks terrible.

also going along with someones idea of color dyeing the water red, it would look cool in the day but it would stain the cement and you prob couldnt tell if the water was red or not at night.

I also hope some of the fog from the midway makes it's way back into the woods around Diamondback.

Riding Tombstone Terror-tory during 2008's Haunt, I remember seeing a lot of fog collected in Diamondback's ravine. I'm sure it'll do the same this year, providing an awesome plunge into the fog everytime the train drops into the ravine.