Sign in to follow this  
DropZone99

Donau Park Ridge Germany RCT3

Well I lost interest in Dubai Entertainment Center, it's not my style of parks so I started Donau Park Ridge (Danube Ridge Park in German.) This park just opened for 1980 near Regensburg Germany.

Shot0908.jpg

Here you can see the beautiful entrance plaza.

Shot0909.jpg

This is where you get your tickets checked.

Shot0910.jpg

This is the Group Sales/Human Resources/Season Pass building.

Shot0911.jpg

After entering the park you walk down a small hill to see a nice Bavarian Village.

Shot0912.jpg

I'm trying my best to make more realistic buildings.

Shot0913.jpg

This building is a small German restaurant.

Shot0914.jpg

Here is the main Gift Shop.

Shot0915.jpg

My favorite building in the park, it is a cafe.

Shot0916.jpg

The Grey building is a winery.

Shot0917.jpg

This neat looking yellow building sells Hamburgers and other foods.

Shot0918.jpg

Here is the Chair Swing.

Shot0919.jpg

This is the main restrooms, looks like a church to me.

Shot0921.jpg

The park's steel coaster is Doppelte Schleife (Double Loop in German.) It is made by Schwarzkoph.

Shot0920.jpg

Shot0922.jpg

Here is it's station.

This is the Grand Carousal.

Shot0923.jpg

The tallest thing in the park, Observation Deck.

Shot0924.jpg

Here is a preview for the next update! Please reply, No replies, no updates...

1980 part II

Shot0925.jpg

When you enter the park you can turn left of right, last update I showed you the right side, now it's time to see the left side.

Shot0926.jpg

Here is the Enchanted Tea Cups.

Shot0927.jpg

This is a Pizzeria.

Shot0928.jpg

Here is Zipper, this type of ride is pretty new.

Shot0929.jpg

Thunder Bobs is also a pretty unique ride.

Shot0931.jpg

This place sells ice cream, I don't like how the building looks though it does not match the rest of the park.

Shot0932.jpg

Here is River Runner's station.

Shot0933.jpg

This is River Runner's layout, It's a PTC woodie.

Shot0934.jpg

It's lift hill is around 90ft. tall and it's about 50 mph.

Shot0936.jpg

Over view of Donau Park Ridge.

Shot0937.jpg

Above view.

Shot0938.jpg

1980 Skyline.

That's a pretty sweet project you have going. Looking forward to more from it.

Thanks!

Shot0940.jpg

Welcome back!

Shot0941.jpg

Doppelte Schleife is still the park's main attraction.

Shot0942.jpg

Do I see something new?

Shot0944.jpg

I do, but what is it?

Shot0945.jpg

One of a few things new for 1981, Scrambler.

Shot0946.jpg

There is also an ice cream shop.

Shot0947.jpg

A cafe, that by the way has amazing fries!

There is one more new thing for 1981...

Shot0949.jpg

Super Slide, notice the lights at the top?

Shot0943.jpg

Observation Tower's queue is always full.

Shot0953.jpg

On the other side, this queue is never even filled.

Shot0955.jpg

River Runner is so photogenic!

Shot0954.jpg

Random photo I like.

Shot0952.jpg

1981 Overview.

Please reply if you want to see an update!

That's a cool park ya got going there. Funny thing is that I had a wooden coaster called River Runner with a layout similar to yours in a park I made almost three years ago! :lol:

Thanks! And cool, can I see it!?

Shot0957.jpg

Shot0958.jpg

For Maskedbandit.

Shot0959.jpg

New for 1982...

Shot0960.jpg

Another expansion!

Shot0961.jpg

Not my best building, but defiantly not my worst!

Shot0962.jpg

Enterprise is new!

Shot0963.jpg

Since there is a new area, no one wants to walk across the park to use the bathroom, so I had to make one here. I kind of wish I would of made a custom one instead of using one from Vodhin's Vermont Set.

Shot0964.jpg

Here is a new snack bar thing!

Shot0965.jpg

With seating.

Shot0966.jpg

The main attraction of this area is Maestrom, a huge pirate ship that dominates the area! Notice the lights on the bridge!?

Shot0967.jpg

Over view of new area.

Shot0968.jpg

1982 aerial view.

Shot0969.jpg

1982 Skyline

Shot0970.jpg

Please reply, next update won't be until I get a second page.

Agreed. I love the look of the bridge over the river, as well as the placement and layout of River Runner. Maybe one of these days when I get more time I'll get one or two of my RCT2 parks on the boards here. Some day. :lol:

Very well designed park, I look forward to more updates as the years roll on.

Thanks!

Agreed. I love the look of the bridge over the river, as well as the placement and layout of River Runner. Maybe one of these days when I get more time I'll get one or two of my RCT2 parks on the boards here. Some day. :lol:

Thanks you! And yeah you should!

Great scenery!! One of the most beautiful RCT parks I've ever seen!

Wow, thanks!

I really like the use of both sides of the river. Can't wait to see what the next expansion brings!

Thank you, and I like em' too!

I'm happy people are actually replying unlike the 'other site' were I have only gotten a few replies.

1982 Mid Season Update

Shot0971.jpg

Hmm... whats going on with that ugly building?

A few months later...

Shot0974.jpg

Thanks god that ugly building was replaced!

Shot0975.jpg

It's a small snack bar type place, that also sells some alcohol. Although it's not the best looking building, It's way better than the building that was there before it. Also It may looks familiar, I got inspired while looking at Kukamonda's Dream World V2!

Shot0972.jpg

Look how beautiful Maestrom is!

Shot0973.jpg

It seems some trees have been removed and there is a huger empty lot, It must be for 1983...?

Shot0978.jpg

I'm in love with that bridge, Although it's so simple I find it so amusing.

Shot0977.jpg

I love having reflective water!

Shot0979.jpg

Please reply to this park, I'll reply back yours if you reply here!

1983 Opening day

Shot0980.jpg

The park built it's third coaster, Orient Express. It's just a Wacky Worm clone.

Shot0982.jpg

There is finally some thing for the kids!

Shot0983.jpg

Figure Eight.

Shot0984.jpg

For a small coaster, It has a pretty big line.

Shot0985.jpg

Next to Orient Express and the older Snack Bar by the Restrooms is this fine restaurant that sells Brats.

Shot0986.jpg

The new restaurant and the snack bar share the same tables.

Shot0987.jpg

Another thing for 1983 is Tilt-A-Whirl. It's across the path from Orient Express and next to Maestrom.

Shot0988.jpg

The last thing the park added for 1983 is this ugly looking gift shop. If you ask me, I'd say it looks alot like the cafe by Super Slide and Scrambler.

Shot0989.jpg

1983 above View.

Shot0994.jpg

Aerial view of new section.

Shot0992.jpg

This area is starting to get pretty big, I wander what will come next?

Shot0990.jpg

Please reply!

I like the new kids ride. It makes that side of the river a little more appealing to guests so its not just the swinging ship over there. Also, I've always loved tilt-a-whirls so thats definitely a good addtion. The gift shop might need a little bit of work to fit in better. I think the blue roof is a good touch to match the color of the swinging ship and if more buildings in the area are going to use that color. Otherwise it might be better to change it to red or brown to match the other buildings in the park.

I like the new kids ride. It makes that side of the river a little more appealing to guests so its not just the swinging ship over there. Also, I've always loved tilt-a-whirls so thats definitely a good addtion. The gift shop might need a little bit of work to fit in better. I think the blue roof is a good touch to match the color of the swinging ship and if more buildings in the area are going to use that color. Otherwise it might be better to change it to red or brown to match the other buildings in the park.

Thanks! Yeah I think the gift shop is ugly, but every park has it's ugly buildings!

Very nice!

Thanks!

Haha a wacky worm. Nice update. By the way, your park has a lot of rain!

lol, thanks! And yeah it rains alot in Germany I guess?

1983 Mid Season

Shot0999.jpg

I started my day like any other, I went straight for River Runner, But on my way there is noticed something strange. Thunderbobs is closed,and the entrance has a fence over it. It was also taken off the park map.

Shot1000.jpg

They need to turn off those extremely bright lights, especially since it's closed.

Shot1001.jpg

Tilt-A-Whirl does not get much attention cause it's hidden behind alot of trees. Notice Observation Tower in the back ground?

Shot1002.jpg

While on Double Looping, I noticed another strange thing, see it!?

Shot1003.jpg

Beautiful over view of Germany's Best amusement park!

PLEASE REPLY!

The park looks amazing!

Thanks!

---------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE READ!!!!!

Well before I get to the pictures I'd like to say a few things! First of all, thanks for making this park become pretty popular (3 pages in 1 week!) I really appreciate it! I love this park, and I think it's my best work yet! But I think I'm going to fast... A little over a week ago this park didn't exist at all, it wasn't even in my head yet. Since Friday Feb. 6th. the park has went through five years, that is alot for such a short amount of time! For now on, I am only going to update every other day and not every update will be another year. So please please please reply so I can get more pages so the pictures won't take ages to load for you!

----------------------------------------------------------------

1984: Fifth Year Anniversary!

Shot1004.jpg

I see something new!

Shot1006.jpg

This building complex is one of a few new things for 1984. The park is running low on money so they hired a different (Cheaper, not as good) architect to build some buildings.

Shot1005.jpg

Thunder Bobs was relocated near Orient Express and renamed Alpenblitz.

Shot1017.jpg

Where Alpenblitz used to be, the park built a bridge to make the park be a full circuit.

Shot1007.jpg

Rotor, was planned on being named "Thrill Cycle" but the park thought it sounded too fair like. Rotor used to be Rotor at Kings Island, the ride was removed from KI a few years ago but put into storage until we bought it.

Shot1008.jpg

Here is another some what ugly building built by that not so good architect.

Shot1010.jpg

The last new thing for the park's 5th. year celebration is "German Turnpike." Here you can see the field.

Shot1011.jpg

Here is the beautiful covered bridge.

Shot1012.jpg

And this is a fake restaurant I believe.

Shot1014.jpg

Over view of German Turnpike.

Shot1018.jpg

Above view of 5th. year addition.

Shot1019.jpg

Aerial view of park.

Shot1020.jpg

1984 Whole Park Overview.

Edited by angrybeaver

Seems like the park expanded a lot this year. New Rotor ride, new German Turnpike, a few new buildings, and a ride relocation. I like the relocation to make room for the walkway to make it full circuit. I've still been trying to figure out what strange thing you were talking about on the Double Looping picture from your last update, but if I am correct, is it that you can see land cleared in the background where the new expansion occured? I like the German Turnpike layout, but I think it would be nice to remove a few of the trees so riders can see the lake it goes around a little better. Looking forward to the next update whenever it comes!

Seems like the park expanded a lot this year. New Rotor ride, new German Turnpike, a few new buildings, and a ride relocation. I like the relocation to make room for the walkway to make it full circuit. I've still been trying to figure out what strange thing you were talking about on the Double Looping picture from your last update, but if I am correct, is it that you can see land cleared in the background where the new expansion occured? I like the German Turnpike layout, but I think it would be nice to remove a few of the trees so riders can see the lake it goes around a little better. Looking forward to the next update whenever it comes!

Yeah it did expand alot for the park's 5th. year celebration. Yeah, In the pic from Double Looping's lift your supposed to see that small patch of trees missing and filled with dirt. Thank you for the reply!

1984 Random Update!

Shot1021.jpg

The entrance area is a little dull, I think it needs something to make it more original and unique.

Shot1022.jpg

From Double Looping's queue you can get pretty cool views! From here it looks almost like interlocking loops!

Shot1023.jpg

The Observation Tower provides some pretty cool views of the park. Here is the newest area.

Shot1025.jpg

On Maestrom you feel like you are over the river, while you are really just pretty close to it!

Shot1026.jpg

I still don't know what this building is, It's not for the public, You can't see into the windows, and on the park map it doesn't have any information about it. I'm guessing it's just a place where the park stores things at night and in the off season, but I'm not sure.

Well Thats all for this update, I love to hear criticism and people's opinion so please reply!

-----------------------------

1984 Late Season Update

Shot1027.jpg

The last few visits here, the fountains haven't been working. I wander why?

Shot1028.jpg

Notice anything new?

Shot1029.jpg

The park removed the ugly trees from these planters cause the roots were getting too big. I like the new Palm Trees, they add a new feel to the midway!

Shot1033.jpg

Remember that building I was talking about in the last update? Well I saw some important looking park employees talking infront of it. hmm...

Shot1031.jpg

I wander why Thunder Bob's (now Alpenblitz) old queue is still here?

Shot1032.jpg

I may update tomorrow, just depends how many post I get ;)

Sounds like the entrance plaza might be getting a make over because the fountain hasn't been on much. Also sounds like we might be seeing a new attraction along the river where Thunder Bobs used to be. I like the new palm trees much better, maybe other trees in the entrance area will be changed to match? Or it could be a hint at the new entrance theme.

Sounds like the entrance plaza might be getting a make over because the fountain hasn't been on much. Also sounds like we might be seeing a new attraction along the river where Thunder Bobs used to be. I like the new palm trees much better, maybe other trees in the entrance area will be changed to match? Or it could be a hint at the new entrance theme.

You'll just have to wait and see! ;)

----------------------------

1984 Last day of season- Night

Shot1041.jpg

The entrance area looks pretty nice at night, could use more lighting though.

Shot1042.jpg

Double Looping looks almost deserted in this picture. It could use some lights!

Shot1043.jpg

This midway has some nice trees.

Shot1046.jpg

Enterprise looks awesome at night.

Shot1047.jpg

Rotor has some okay lighting.

Shot1049.jpg

This river is so beautiful at night, and day!

Shot1050.jpg

River Runner also looks deserted, and is in need for some lights.

Shot1051.jpg

Over view of park at night.

Shot1052.jpg

Another aerial view.

Sorry the pictures are kind of hard too see.

The roller coasters due look pretty dark, but I like the way the lights look on the path from the aerial view. The path by the kiddie coaster looks pretty dark compared to the other paths. The green lights on Enterprise certainly light up the night though. Makes me want to go to a park and stay til closing.

The roller coasters due look pretty dark, but I like the way the lights look on the path from the aerial view. The path by the kiddie coaster looks pretty dark compared to the other paths. The green lights on Enterprise certainly light up the night though. Makes me want to go to a park and stay til closing.

Yeah I think so too. Ha, thanks! :P

-------------------------

1985 Early Season-

Shot1044.jpg

I like those little lights on top of Super Slide.

Shot1048.jpg

The darkest area of the park is Germany Turnpike.

Shot1025-1.jpg

View from Zipper.

Shot1054.jpg

The only thing I saw at the park that wasn't here in 1984 is these pictures of random rides at the park. Nothing new opened for 1985, but the park announced whats new for 1986.

Donau Park Ridge is Germany's number one amusement park. We just celebrated our fifth year of operation last year. As you already know, the park did not receive anything for 1985. In 1986 the park will receive the biggest investment yet. A new Spain themed area will make it's debut. Land Spanien will feature a massive steel looping roller coaster known as Conquistador. Conquistador will stand over ninety feet tall and reach speeds of up to 50mph. making it the fastest coaster in Germany! Riders will go upside down three times on a vertical loop, and two corkscrews! The second new attraction for 1986 is El Latigo, a classic Whip Ride.

Pictures should come tomorrow!

sounds cool! I really like this park, the architecture is especiaaly good. Your computer's graphics look awesome by the way! :D

------------------------------------------------------

Well I promise I'll start slowing down on updates, but I'm just really excited to show this new area! I'm also sorry that I only had one 1985 update and it sucked, I was just trying to move onto 1986!

1986 Opening Evening!

Well Today was the parks opening day, well evening. Last night a cold front moved in and then it started raining. Early this morning that rain turned into a pretty big storm, but the park did open, just not the rides. So I waited and waited for hours! Finally around 6:45pm. the storm finally went away and they opened everything up! There wasn't many people there, probably cause the park was still pretty wet all day. Conquistador was awesome! It was pretty smooth, and had some negative vertical G's! The Loop wasn't nearly as forceful as Double Loopings, but the corkscrews made up for that! The tunnel was a neat affect, but the banked S-Bend kinda hurt.... Overall it's the best coaster at the park! El Latigo was neat too, You don't see Whip Rides too much now days!

Shot1056.jpg

The park's new skyline!

Shot1058.jpg

When I first got to Conquistador, it was sprinkling so some people had umbrellas.

Shot1059.jpg

One corkscrew goes right over the midway!

Shot1060.jpg

And the other gets very close to it! I ♥ This picture by the way!

Shot1061.jpg

This place has pretty good drinks!

Shot1062.jpg

I was not impressed with El Latigo's building.

Shot1063.jpg

Here is Conquistador's neat looking entrance!

Shot1064.jpg

And this is it's station.

Shot1066.jpg

There is a little seating area by it's loop.

Shot1067.jpg

Which provides awesome photo opportunities!

Shot1068.jpg

By the snack bar near Orient Express, Conquistador flies right over some buildings!

Shot1069.jpg

After that turnaround, you dive into a tunnel.

Shot1070.jpg

And then go through the banked S-Bend right before entering the brakes!

Shot1065.jpg

Aerial view of Conquistador and Land Spanien.

Shot1071.jpg

Above view...

Shot1072.jpg

The park has doubled in size the last seven years!

Shot1073.jpg

A beautiful pic showing an awesome park!