Sign in to follow this  
kingsisland101

Diamondback's train arrival

ha, alright will do.

i just want it to stop snowing and get warm so they can get the rest of work done so they can start tesing.

Thanks and I will have much more stuff on there my goal is to come out with one video per month. I must say my best is the video you just saw.

Edited by Skywriter

im really sad because today i was supposed to go on a tour today of the DB ( thanks to a friend who is able to get these kinds of things set up ) and sadly the tour was canceled due to snow and ice. grr. if i was able to go...i would have definitely tried to get some shots of the trains.

Perhaps this is used to hoist train parts?

Diamondback2001210920066.jpg

The train would be loaded from the actual track section that is the transfer track. (The opposite end of the storage area from where you pointed out) Notice the gates near the object you pointed out? I don't think they move.

Perhaps this is used to hoist train parts?

Diamondback2001210920066.jpg

The train would be loaded from the actual track section that is the transfer track. (The opposite end of the storage area from where you pointed out) Notice the gates near the object you pointed out? I don't think they move.

I think you'd be surprised. They may not move but they could lift right over it. I think that hoist is there for exactly that. Why drag a crane out there every season just to get the cars on and off the track?

There isn't even any track in the storage area, it's just wheels for the train to sit on, i think it would be easier to load the trains through the other end of the transfer track like they do for most coasters.

I dont know how it was loaded, but just before and just after loading I did not see any equipment in front of the transfer track, but it looked like there had been a lot of activity near the back of it. Hopefully someone will be able to catch the next one of the webcam.

There isn't even any track in the storage area, it's just wheels for the train to sit on, i think it would be easier to load the trains through the other end of the transfer track like they do for most coasters.

Which makes it all the easier. Think about it. If they loaded from the transfer track they would have to mess with the breaks... That would be time consuming and wasteful when they could just drop it on some wheels and roll it down to the track.