Sign in to follow this  
TombraiderTy

February 2009 Kings Island Quiz

Yea I'm not a Kings Island fan like most of you guys that knows alot about the park I've only been down there 5 times.First year I went was 07 when Firehawk was built I used to ride it alot when it was up at Geauga Lake when it was Xflight

Edited by cbrendan502

^Don't worry, that's fine. KIExtreme caters to thrill-seekers and other amusement park fanatics around the country. While most members aren't too far from Kings Island, others are located in different time zones and have different home parks.

cbrendan502, dont worry about not being as much of a fan and not knowing as much about the park. We will not discriminate you in any way for not knowing things about the park that some of the other members know also.

When I joined this site back in March of '07, didnt know much about the park and I had been going for the past 9 years. When I joined, I wanted to know everything about Firehawk as I followed construction of it very closely and I also came in with the intention of wanting to get to know the park more and get to talk about it without people ignoring you or making fun of you at some point.

What I'm saying is I started out on this site the same way as you, not knowing much about the park and I'm sure I'm not the only one that was like that either. I have learned a lot about the park from this site alone and if you would like to do the exact same thing I will say it is really easy. All you have to do is keep reading the forums everyday, check out other parts of the site, and even ask questions about things you are not sure about whether its about a ride, history, or just the park itself and before you know it you will have learned a great deal of new information about Kings Island.

So cbrendan502, if you want to know a lot of stuff about the park, follow those tips and if you dont that is fine also. Hope you get to know the site more, know about the park more, and hope to keep seeing you around on the boards and last but not least, Welcome to KIExtreme

As for the quiz for me, I surprisingly only got 1 wrong even though i thought i would miss more but now I wonder which question I answered wrong.

I'm about an hour and a half away when I'm home, depending on traffic. But at school, I'm about 30-45 minutes. Sad thing, though, I didn't get to the park at all last season. However, since it seems like I'll be staying on campus for classes and work for the summer, hopefully I'll get to the park this coming year.

15 minutes away :D

I first joined KIExtreme, then known as ExtremePKI, years ago after searching for Kings Island timelines on Google. I've learned a great deal and now put some of the information to use in the monthly quiz :)

Edited by TombraiderTy

When I go to the park I usually go to my friends place that I met in 07 up at Cedar Point he stays down by columbus area i go there after work on saturdays an go to Kings Island on sunday hes about 2 hrs from there.

cbrendan502, dont worry about not being as much of a fan and not knowing as much about the park. We will not discriminate you...

derek9312....a VERY nice post. (The whole post was great...I just didn't want to quote it all.)

KIExtreme's February 2009 quiz has became the fourth most-played quiz on KIExtreme.com with a total of 104 players! 17 more players and it'll reserve the spot as KIExtreme's most-played quiz!

Of course, that won't be for long once we release the March 2009 quiz, now will it? ;)

Just a reminder, you do not to have be a KIExtreme member to take the quiz! However, registration for KIExtreme's forums is fast, easy, and free, no strings attached! If you become a member of KIExtreme, you can participate in convernsations, hear some of the latest Kings Island news, and meet other Kings Island enthuasists like yourself!

February 2009 Kings Island Quiz In-Depth Answers

1. What was Xtreme Skyflyer's original name?

C. Drop Zone

Drop Zone, a Paramount movie, was released in 1994. A year later, an attraction known as Drop Zone opened at Kings Island. This ride was renamed Xtreme Skyflyer in 1997.

2. What year did Grand Carousel originally open?

B. 1926

Grand Carousel, the park's oldest operating attraction, originally opened at Coney Island in 1926. The band organ that originally played music for riders is even older, dating back to 1918.

3. Backlot Stunt Coaster opened in what year?

B. 2005

Backlot Stunt Coaster opened in 2005 as Italian Job: Stunt Track. It was renamed to its current name in 2008.

4. What year was International Restaurant added to the park?

D. None of the Above

International Restaurant was added above the park's entrance a year after Kings Island's opening, 1973.

5. How long are the Royal Fountains?

B. 320 feet

The famous Royal Fountains that stretch down International Street are 320 feet in length.

6. What is the oldest operating attraction at Kings Island?

C. Grand Carousel

Grand Carousel, having opened in 1926, is the oldest operating attraction at the park.

7. Rumors have it that Delirium would've been themed to ________ had budget cuts not have gotten in the way.

D. The Core

The Core was a Paramount movie that was released in early 2003. Rumors have it that original plans called for Delirium to be themed to this sci-fi movie, opening less than a month after the movie's release.

8. What movie has not been shown in the Action Theater?

B. Jimmy Neutron Boy Genius

Action Theater, formerly known as Paramount Action FX Theater, has played host to around one-dozen different films. Of these films, Jimmy Neutron Boy Genius has not been one of them.