Sign in to follow this  
firehawkboy

Unknown Yellow B&M Track??

Ok, so today me and my friend went by the Clermont Steel Factory to see what's cookin and we saw ALOT of B&M track sitting out front. Thing was, it's yellow. I was a little confused on that because I was not aware of any new B&M's being built for the 09 season, unless it's for 2010.

Anyways, I took LOTS of pics, but I decided to combine them into one panoramic shot.

Here you go...

IMG_0900Stitch.jpg

Interesting huh??

Maybe its B&M track for Carowinds for next year. Although they have no confirmed coaster, there is a rumor they're getting a new one next year. This is based off a rumors posted by screamscape, but the rumored name is white lightenin' so yellow would fit the lightening theme.

Edited by Jstbcool

I'm just going to assume it is for Carowinds (even though I kinda doubt it is)

•Floorless

•Sit down

•Maybe a Hyper, the track looks too small but it may just be the picture.

It can't be

•Standup- already have one

•Invert- already have one

•Dive Machine- track too small

•Flying coaster- they have Nighthawk

Seems a little too soon for Carowinds cause they are getting Carolina Cobra for 2009. I wish it was going to Holiday World, and I'm not saying it's going to HW; I'm just saying I wish it was!

Well we don't actually know it's going to carowinds so I think IMHO that it's a floorless I'm just judging on the spacing of the support nodes on a drop.

What does the SC mean?

Edited by calakapepe

I tried looking up any new B&M's that are coming out within the next couple years. And I couldn't find anything at all. But I do remember hearing a rumour about Carowinds getting a B&M. Keep in mind, "rumour".

EDIT: calakapepe, We think SC means South Carolina.

Edited by firehawkboy

Seems a little too soon for Carowinds cause they are getting Carolina Cobra for 2009. I wish it was going to Holiday World, and I'm not saying it's going to HW; I'm just saying I wish it was!

We got Invertigo, a standbard boomerang roller coaster, in 1999, followed by a hyper of sorts in 2000. Why can't Carowinds do the same?

^You know what?? I remember seeing a "SC" on the sticker, so maybe it is going to Carowinds.

EDIT: Here's that sticker.

IMG_0894.jpg

The customer's name says: "X-Works". I looked that up on rcdb and came up with nothing. Hmmm... very interesting. :huh:

It could be going to the new Universial park in Asia, they are rumored to get a clone of Hulk and of Dueling Dragons. However, yellow is an odd color for either of those. I am guessing Carowinds as the rumor of Log Flume has became true, so I see no reason the rumors of a hyper can't be. However, it does appear to be too small for a hyper, so maybe a floorless. Anyone ever get a photo of Diamondback's tags?

Edited by RollerNut

I have 2 issues with the recent posts:

1. In an article a while back I read online, a journalist got a tour of the B&M plant. The tour guide told him they now code the tags so it can't be deciphered by coaster geeks; too many coaster geeks were figuring out where rides were going just by reading the tags, and ruining parks announcements. I can't remember where I saw that article, but it was very interesting. Thus, the SC isn't probably that obvious, and I'm guessing X-works is just more code.

2. Carowinds isn't in South Carolina. It borders it, but it's official address is in North Carolina. (Thunder Road does cross into SC however).

Edited by pyrocoasterdude

The tour guide told him they now code the tags so it can't be deciphered by coaster geeks; too many coaster geeks were figuring out where rides were going just by reading the tags, and ruining parks announcements.

Wasn't really too many coaster geeks. Just one. Specifically, the article was referring to the Patriot roller coaster headed for Worlds of Fun.

I remembered reading that they were coding the tags, so pretty much our only clue to what kind of coaster it is and where it is going is based on the size and shape of the track. The weight might give people a clue as to how big each track piece is to figure out exactly what style it is. If I remember correctly the weight on that tag is roughly the same weight at some of the pieces for Diamondback, but i'd have to look it up to be sure.

Edited by Jstbcool

Actually Carowinds has an address in NC and SC. The NC address is 14523 Carowinds Blvd, and the SC is 3900(sometimes shown as "1" but that is not it) Aveune of the Carolinas. If the new construction is on the SC side, the address on the permit is 3900 Aveune of the Carolinas, if on the NC side, the address is 14523 Carowinds Blvd. However, I didn't know they have changed the tags since DB.

Edited by RollerNut

Based on the centermost piece, and the two pieces to it's right, I bet this coaster is going to have a few inversions. Just look how the place for the supports... it sticks out an an awkward angle... something you see when they can't easily attach the support... something that would only happen if the track is at a weird angle... something you'll see on an inversion.

Just my two cents.